NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one for @Wolfie

Sport Confidential understands the Knights are the front-runners to win the battle for British teenage sensation Will Pryce

They don't say who else is chasing Pryce

Seems odd for Newcastle unless they are moving him or Ponga to 6

Seems odd for Newcastle unless they are moving him or Ponga to 6

I'm not sure they'll work in the same team ... sure they'll be dangerous in attack but defense is another issue.

We could see the old NYC scorelines in their matches. I.e. 40 - 30

How does Newcastle keep finding money?

And they bought Gagai and upgraded Ponga.
They are losing Barnett who might be on 400k, and they lost Stafford toa who mightve been on 150k

I honestly don't know, might be some spare change in there

Apparently $800k under the cap according to McKinnon.

Wait...is Brent Naden at the Tigers or this is a typical NRL.com typo given the Dogs are the opponents:

Wait...is Brent Naden at the Tigers or this is a typical NRL.com typo given the Dogs are the opponents:

NRL.com typo

I genuinely believe that's a positive move for the Bulldogs. Naden has his moments but on the whole is just too unreliable. Right now the Bulldogs need either somebody they can depend on or somebody who is in it for the long haul. I see this move as a blessing and expect to see Jacob Kiraz return who was actually one of their better players when he debuted against Brisbane.

I genuinely believe that's a positive move for the Bulldogs. Naden has his moments but on the whole is just too unreliable. Right now the Bulldogs need either somebody they can depend on or somebody who is in it for the long haul. I see this move as a blessing and expect to see Jacob Kiraz return who was actually one of their better players when he debuted against Brisbane.
Kiraz was very very good against us, but do you really want to expose him in this horrible Bulldogs team? Hardly going to be good for his confidence or development.

How does it benefit the Tigers though?

Kiraz was very very good against us, but do you really want to expose him in this horrible Bulldogs team? Hardly going to be good for his confidence or development.
I see a lot of potential in the Bulldogs moving forward and believe Kiraz can assist them more than Naden. The Bulldogs may not play finals football this year, but they can put themselves in a much better position heading into 2023 if they make the right steps forward.

How does it benefit the Tigers though?
I don't believe it does.

The Tigers are desperate and they need as many outside backs as they can get their hands on. Naden provides them some utility and gives them something outside of the box. At least that would be their rationale behind the signing.

It's a shame it's come to this, but it probably highlights how much Gildart is struggling in first grade.

I haven't paid close enough attention to know exactly where Gildart is struggling but I've long since held the belief that clubs have to be patient with English halves and backs. The role is far more demanding in the NRL and while a lot of these players have the skills to be successful it's the knowledge and application of said knowledge that requires the most amount of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.