NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox article saying Knights are going to offer Milford a 3 year deal 😂

Apparently has a handshake deal for a 1 year contract with the Dolphins so Knights are trying to get him to reneg on that.

Apparently has a handshake deal for a 1 year contract with the Dolphins so Knights are trying to get him to reneg on that.

IIRC the article also said that could change if they get Luke Brooks from the tigers 😂

Handshake deals are iron clad, just ask SBW and Politis.

One year deal at the Phins or a 3 year deal at the knights. I know what I would take

Handshake deals are iron clad, just ask SBW and Politis.
B3608155 91EC 4682 BF5F 8F79BAB869ED

has anyone seen the current reports about Luke Brooks contract for next season ... they are saying that he'll be on $1.3 million next season, and that's just fucking insane. I know Buzz has tried to put all the blame for the Tigers roster on Madge, but even Sheens says they have a recruitment committee and some one higher up would need to sign off on these contracts. so more should be sacked than just Madge.

Buzz also said on NRL360 that he spoke to recruitment chiefs at a couple of clubs and they would only be prepared to take Luke Brooks on for $500k, meaning that to get him off their books the Tigers would need to pay $800k next season.

To be honest, that number is probably bullshit just like every other journalist made up number. My made up number is 900K-1M at the most, which is still way too high, but I don't think even the Tiggers would offer 1.3M to Brooks.

has anyone seen the current reports about Luke Brooks contract for next season ... they are saying that he'll be on $1.3 million next season, and that's just fucking insane. I know Buzz has tried to put all the blame for the Tigers roster on Madge, but even Sheens says they have a recruitment committee and some one higher up would need to sign off on these contracts. so more should be sacked than just Madge.

Buzz also said on NRL360 that he spoke to recruitment chiefs at a couple of clubs and they would only be prepared to take Luke Brooks on for $500k, meaning that to get him off their books the Tigers would need to pay $800k next season.

I thought Kent nailed in on 360 in saying that the club blames everyone and coaches come and go but the higher ups responsible for this never change. The problem has been there as long as the higher ups have.

I'm not saying that's a fair amount for Luke Brooks, but wasn't he re-signed during that whole period of the "biggest broadcast deal ever" where the cap was going to increase by X amount every year? Meaning players like Hunt and Brooks were signed to ridiculously rich deals? I could be remembering wrong of course and it sure as shit doesn't absolve the club of signing a potato to that much money.

Typical media dribble.

He started out on 900k, the DT published the "every spine salary" article 4 weeks ago...

In April he was on 1.1m

2 days ago he was also on 1.1m
"The Tigers are facing a $1.1 million headache next season if they can’t move on Brooks for the final year of his deal."

Last year according to Nine, he was on 2.4m/4 years

And now of course all the reports are 1.3m for his final year, lol. So on the record we have 600k, 900k, 960k, 1.1m and 1.3m. Wish they'd just admit they're full of shit and are plucking numbers. It wouldn't annoy me if they said "While we have no evidence, we'd estimate Brooks' salary to be in the high 800s", but of course they're always "set to" make up shit.

NRL journalists...
134292392 10157502872320807 4161214685792682615 n

I think the deal increased over the years (ie, the $2.4 mill over 4 years was lower in year one and sliding to higher in year 4), but for him to be on even $1.1 million next year and $960k this years means he would have got $340k combined for 2020 / 2021. Which is of course not likely. Journos don't maths good do.

To be honest, that number is probably bullshit just like every other journalist made up number. My made up number is 900K-1M at the most, which is still way too high, but I don't think even the Tiggers would offer 1.3M to Brooks.
Whatever the actual amount it's clear that a lot of clubs are very poorly run, and having even a decent management is a huge leg up over most of your competition. Get some very good key people like Brisbane seem to now have and it's possible to be up the pointy end of the ladder consistently.

One year deal at the Phins or a 3 year deal at the knights. I know what I would take
The Wayne factor could make Milford's decision seems illogical.

and things have been a bit....mehhh at the Knights for him thus far.

If I'm Milf....I'm joining Wayne to see what he's got cooking..........

If the Wayne deal stretches out to 2 or 3yrs I could see him taking it, which might be what his management is after by bringing Newcastle into it

Possibly, but its guaranteed security for him i guess.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to sign Milf for three years? He needs a short term deal to keep fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.