NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah Papali’i continues to disrespect the Tigers by refusing to say he'll be at the Tigers in 2023.

he was asked at least 3 times and just says he can't talk about it, that he is only focused on 2022 and will sit down with his manager after the season and work things out. If he was really focussed on 2022, he could have stopped people asking him questions months ago (no one bothers to ask Api if he'll be at the Tigers next season)

If i was in the Tigers shoes i would severely damage his rugby league career. tell him that if he doesn't want to honour his contract, that's fine ... but he can go and work a $60k a year job for the next 3 years because he won't be playing for anyone else

Sheens has confirmed the Tigers interest in Munster saying they'll match or beat any offer Munster receives.

meanwhile the Storm have identified two potential players to replace Munster if he chooses to leave; Matt Burton and Adam Doueihi

No. He grew up idolising Thurston and pretty much wanted out back in the pre season to the Cowboys but we rejected it. No point having someone around who doesn't want to be here and who could blame him for how we treated him by throwing him to the wolves because Seibold had no fucking idea how to use him and expected him to the answer to our prayers at halfback. No wonder the kids confidence was shot all of last year. Also had he stayed he would've been behind Mam, Gamble etc whereas he saw an opportunity up north to be mentored by JT
Yeh well that's just poor player management and a inability to gauge his potential, it wasn't hard to see he had promise and should of been valued high cause in a matter of 18 months later he was good enough to be staring in origin series wins...

I get what you're saying though if he wanted out then it was already to late but it shouldn't have got to that point, the fact we let Hunt, Dearden, Walker, Ponga, Munster, Grant all go and now struggling for guys in key positions and needing to buy a aged HB is not good.

I get what you're saying though if he wanted out then it was already to late but it shouldn't have got to that point, the fact we let Hunt, Dearden, Walker, Ponga, Munster, Grant all go and now struggling for guys in key positions and needing to buy a aged HB is not good.

you realise that playing rugby league in Queensland at some point doesn't mean they were on the Broncos books.

we never had Munster or Grant

Hunt was offered $1.2 million a season for the Dragons which rightfully blew us out of the water (and at the time pretty much everyone in rugby league thought Milford had the higher ceiling)

I personally wouldn't have paid Ponga what the Knights offered him for the first contract, and certainly wouldn't have given him a pay rise. he has never repaid the Knights for the faith they had in him

Walker was a fuckup

Yeah I know they all weren't on the books but being a QLD Junior gives Broncos a box seat and the guys mentioned are all looking like top tier players, Munster grew up idolizing Locky and was a Broncos Fan, I understand you can't keep them all but guys like them and Smith only a few come around a generation.

you realise that playing rugby league in Queensland at some point doesn't mean they were on the Broncos books.

we never had Munster or Grant

Hunt was offered $1.2 million a season for the Dragons which rightfully blew us out of the water (and at the time pretty much everyone in rugby league thought Milford had the higher ceiling)

I personally wouldn't have paid Ponga what the Knights offered him for the first contract, and certainly wouldn't have given him a pay rise. he has never repaid the Knights for the faith they had in him

Walker was a fuckup

Munster was at the Broncos feeder club and did a camp down here. Harry Grant’s dad tipped the Storm off to Bunn that he was at a Broncos camp but un-signed. Storm got on him.

Ponga was in the same EPD system; Cowboys made a big offer and he went.

Grant was no chance Bunn was at the Storm and his best mate is Grant’s dad.

Tyrell Sloan will reportedly ask for a release from the Dragons this week as he doesn't want to play for hook

the Dragons apparently reportedly their strategy of taking other clubs rejects.

this time they are trying to get Zane Musgrove from the Tigers. Musgrove isn't off contract until the end of 2024, but the Tigers may be prepared to release him if they can strike a deal with the Dragons

Badel is reporting that Sam Walker has ruled out coming to the Broncos, when his contract expires at the end of next season ... and he is ready to sign a multimillion-dollar contract extension with the Roosters.

of course there has actually been no suggestion that we've talked to Walker about a possible return, and we can't make an official offer to Walker for another 6 weeks ... but you gotta get that Broncos link in there, worth a few extra clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • PETERN
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • kman
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • kiwi2
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manifesto
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • leon.bott
  • sooticus
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.