NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Smith is claiming that he is taking less money to go to the Roosters than he could have got at either the Storm or Dolphins; he says:

“A few people tried to suggest I left because I was money hungry,” he said. “That could not be further from the truth.

“No word of a lie, the Roosters’ offer was the lowest of all the clubs I spoke to. I promise you I’ve taken $200,000 less than the Dolphins and $100,000 less than the Storm offered.”

“I’m a competitive guy and I hate losing at cards, footy, PlayStation or anything,” he said.

“I decided to go to the Roosters because they are a competitive club where I could start at hooker. That’s my favourite position. Money had nothing to do with it.

“Storm had Harry Grant and we can’t both play hooker.

“The opportunity to have a full pre-season training at the Roosters as a hooker and then starting as a hooker is what convinced me to join them.”

Brandon Smith is claiming that he is taking less money to go to the Roosters than he could have got at either the Storm or Dolphins; he says:

“A few people tried to suggest I left because I was money hungry,” he said. “That could not be further from the truth.

“No word of a lie, the Roosters’ offer was the lowest of all the clubs I spoke to. I promise you I’ve taken $200,000 less than the Dolphins and $100,000 less than the Storm offered.”

“I’m a competitive guy and I hate losing at cards, footy, PlayStation or anything,” he said.

“I decided to go to the Roosters because they are a competitive club where I could start at hooker. That’s my favourite position. Money had nothing to do with it.

“Storm had Harry Grant and we can’t both play hooker.

“The opportunity to have a full pre-season training at the Roosters as a hooker and then starting as a hooker is what convinced me to join them.”
Glad to see the NSWRL is maintaining integrity of the cap by ensuring players arent being paid under their value

there’s no way the Storm would’ve offered Smith $900,000.. they weren’t and presumably aren’t even offering Munster that much to stay.. and they have Harry Grant

To be fair they are pretty good points he raised. Any other player at any other club and you’d believe it. While it may be the truth I think we all just assume there will be added bonuses.

Tapine re-signs with the Raiders for a further four years, now with them to the end of 2027 (which I refuse to believe is a real year)

Glad to see the NSWRL is maintaining integrity of the cap by ensuring players arent being paid under their value
Yeh exactly this.

When a player actually fesses up that he's getting $200K less than what was offered by another club "there has to be an investigation". This is the Rooster just thumbing their nose at the NRL. And we all know Smith is getting more besides his 'official' salary from Politis.

It's gone beyond a joke now.

We don’t know that Smith is going to earn more at the Roosters. Politis might have finally found someone he can beat at golf.

The only possible reason would be Smith keeps cracking the golf balls apart to see if there's anything "special" inside.

We don’t know that Smith is going to earn more at the Roosters. Politis might have finally found someone he can beat at golf.
yeah a baggy is heaps cheaper than a politis golf game

According to Brent Read, the Tigers are holding out hope of signing both Mitchell Moses and Cameron Munster to be their halves pairing in 2024:

this is what he told Triple M:

“Some club would pay $1.1 million for Moses and the Tigers want him back,” Read said on Triple M.

“Cameron Munster is very close to making a decision on whether he stays in Melbourne or not.

“He met with manager Braith Anasta on Friday. They played golf and had lunch and they were going to make a decision at that point about whether he took the Melbourne extension or not.

“The Tigers’ dream scenario if they can’t keep Luke Brooks is Munster and Moses.

“Their dream is both and they have made contact with both.”

46E4CA35 3C11 4C83 9041 3E4368C63C1A

Api and Moses are achievable

Per the CM:
'Kirwan, speaking on The Breakdown on New Zealand Sky television, suggested Tuivasa-Sheck had an offer on the table from the Sydney Roosters.

Roosters officials have understandably dismissed the claims given the club already has three handy fullbacks in their system — James Tedesco, Joey Manu and Joseph Suaalii.'

True to form when it comes to the Roosters - not one mention that accommodating yet another marquee player to their stockpile would be completely fanciful from a salary cap point view.. no, it's just the fact that they're well served for fullbacks. But they could have him if they needed him 😏

Per the CM:
'Kirwan, speaking on The Breakdown on New Zealand Sky television, suggested Tuivasa-Sheck had an offer on the table from the Sydney Roosters.

Roosters officials have understandably dismissed the claims given the club already has three handy fullbacks in their system — James Tedesco, Joey Manu and Joseph Suaalii.'

True to form when it comes to the Roosters - not one mention that accommodating yet another marquee player to their stockpile would be completely fanciful from a salary cap point view.. no, it's just the fact that they're well served for fullbacks. But they could have him if they needed him 😏
I get the feeling politis leaks these to see fan/public reaction>media reaction to see if he can slip them in the squad.
If the public were "that's great he's coming back", "his value has dropped and he loves that club" I can guarantee he'd be signed up next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.