NRL Players and family members in hot water

untying-your-top-knot-after-a-long-day-of-being-27327062.png

PARRAMATTA Eels recruit Tony Williams has been fined $1000 and had his licence suspended for 12 months by a Sydney magistrate for being “shockingly intoxicated” while driving with three children in the car.
The 29-year-old former NSW State of Origin and Kangaroos representative was sentenced at Parramatta Local Court on Wednesday for mid-range drink driving in December.

Magistrate Jennifer Giles said Williams’s driving had been so dangerous members of the public had called the police.

More to follow...

Drink driving is severely under criticized by rugby league fans. I honestly think that what Williams did is just as bad as what Lodge did.

Drink driving is severely under criticized by rugby league fans. I honestly think that what Williams did is just as bad as what Lodge did.

3 Kids in the car, what a fucking drop kick

Probably more dangerous too.

Probably more dangerous too.
Definitely more dangerous. And there's plenty of NRL players who deserve backlash for drink driving who have got away with it because they didn't kill anyone this time.

Definitely more dangerous. And there's plenty of NRL players who deserve backlash for drink driving who have got away with it because they didn't kill anyone this time.

Who? Everyone I have seen do it gets called out on it.

Who? Everyone I have seen do it gets called out on it.
A few news articles and a small fine isn't good enough. They aren't punished on the level they should be. Josh Papalii has done it a couple of times, Paul Carter did it a couple of times, Carney and Locke did it, even Paul McGregor. All of these blokes should have copped more of a punishment for their actions.

A few news articles and a small fine isn't good enough. They aren't punished on the level they should be. Josh Papalii has done it a couple of times, Paul Carter did it a couple of times, Carney and Locke did it, even Paul McGregor. All of these blokes should have copped more of a punishment for their actions.

all of them were punished by the courts and Carter, Carney and Locke are no longer in the NRL

all of them were punished by the courts and Carter, Carney and Locke are no longer in the NRL
All of them were punished with a fine and only suspended by their clubs though. All of them should have had their contracts torn up after that incident, not after their 3rd or 4th indiscretion. Whilst they may have been punished by the courts, the clubs punishments weren't enough for such a dangerous act. Not to mention the lack of public backlash for blokes like Papalii.

Imagine if they were Broncos players. That's the kind of media led backlash I expect for every player who puts lives in danger

What were their punishments, and did they get special treatment from the magistrates?

What were their punishments, and did they get special treatment from the magistrates?
I don't remember and can't be bothered finding out. But you just said it's even more dangerous than what Lodge did. Do you not agree that their punishment should be level or worse in that case? Or are you just trying to debate for another reason?

I don't remember and can't be bothered finding out. But you just said it's even more dangerous than what Lodge did. Do you not agree that their punishment should be level or worse in that case? Or are you just trying to debate for another reason?

I don't agree with trial by media, because the media are fucking useless.

I would have liked to see the NRL do more, but we all know they are absolutely and utterly useless. Especially when it's a "star" involved. Didn't Carney get sacked after his repeats?

If the law gives them **** all, the NRL can hardly go mental.

I don't agree with trial by media, because the media are fucking useless.

I would have liked to see the NRL do more, but we all know they are absolutely and utterly useless. Especially when it's a "star" involved. Didn't Carney get sacked after his repeats?

If the law gives them **** all, the NRL can hardly go mental.
Well my entire point was that they should have been punished more on all fronts. The law, the media, the fans. Yes Carney got sacked but he also got 8 chances or something. The final straw was getting photographed pissing in his own mouth, he was only suspended from the Raiders for drink driving.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.