NRL Players and family members in hot water

Imagine the current day media in the 90s.

They would have more stories than they could print. That's a big part that makes this so astounding. This club got done for acting up on a mad monday behind closed doors years ago, yet here we are, in 2018 where everyone has a camera in their pocket, and players are let lose in public and told "Drink everything".

apparently the pub is also now being investigated for breaches of the liquor licencing laws

Surely this isn't the first time Big Willie has been sighted at a bulldogs mad monday celebration

The Bulldogs have been fined 250k by the NRL for their Mad Monday troubles

Drug testers have also descended on the club apparently.

Drug testers have also descended on the club apparently.

A bit late for that.

If they did take drugs, it would be out of their system by now. It should have been done the next day.

The Bulldogs have been fined 250k by the NRL for their Mad Monday troubles

Now that's excessive.

This is the venue.

DmY0QCiUcAEvb_q.jpg:large

They were on the third floor. They weren't in view of the public.

This has been blown way over the top.

Now that's excessive.

This is the venue.

DmY0QCiUcAEvb_q.jpg:large

They were on the third floor. They weren't in view of the public.

This has been blown way over the top.

That is where the started, the issue is they left there and did go to where they were in view of the public.

I started today in my own home, but if I go to the pub later and rip my **** out will anyone accept the excuse that I was in my own home?

Sucks there are so many people in league prepared to excuse poor behaviour.

I'm not going to say it wasn't a bad look but 250,000 when nobody is hurt and nobody broke the law seems too excessive a fine.
I think a more prudent course of action would be to make sure the other 15 clubs don't end up doing something similar.
Perhaps some counseling to them to make sure steps are taken to keep it out of the public eye and players' welfare is taken care of.
Imagine if there is young player with anger issues or an addictive disorder involved. You have to smarter than what Canterbury have shown.
It's one thing to have a good time, another to abandon all self-control in public. The days of incidents getting swept under the carpet are coming to an end, what with cell phone cameras and public survalence everywhere.

Were they actually naked in public?

My understanding was they were naked while in the private, closed off facility, and there was literally reporters god knows how far away with super zoom lens cameras taking photos.

250k is absurd.
Let's say they did hurt someone, is the fine going be 1m?

There wasn't a single complaint by any member of the public.

It's absolutely a blow up the media instigated.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say it wasn't a bad look but 250,000 when nobody is hurt and nobody broke the law seems too excessive a fine.
I think a more prudent course of action would be to make sure the other 15 clubs don't end up doing something similar.
Perhaps some counseling to them to make sure steps are taken to keep it out of the public eye and players' welfare is taken care of.
Imagine if there is young player with anger issues or an addictive disorder involved. You have to smarter than what Canterbury have shown.
It's one thing to have a good time, another to abandon all self-control in public. The days of incidents getting swept under the carpet are coming to an end, what with cell phone cameras and public survalence everywhere.

No-one broke the law? When did it become legal to be naked in public?

No-one broke the law? When did it become legal to be naked in public?
On the scale of infringements I rank that pretty low compared to some incidents we've seen. Id rate drunk driving far worse, or a fight, and there was none of that to my knowledge.
I'm not saying it was a good look but the dogs of the past have done far worse, and I suspect a few former broncos as well. ,

The media are scum. It occurred on private property, away from the public, and not a single person was harmed. No one without a massive zoom lens, situated deliberately across from the establishment, and at a suitable height would be able to witness it, and someone in that position certainly has no right to claim to be offended by it. It’s a fucking joke.

Why would you give the vulture NRL media any ammo. Got to one of the lads joints and get on it. Out of sight out of mind

Active Now

• Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.