NRL Players and family members in hot water

Now that's excessive.

This is the venue.

DmY0QCiUcAEvb_q.jpg:large

They were on the third floor. They weren't in view of the public.

This has been blown way over the top.

Well first of all, they were standing on tables, which put their bodies above the level of the balcony and the back corner of the balcony is glass and in full view of anyone walking by and anyone doing the bridge climb could also see them, so it’s not private. I imagine the noise would have been enough to make someone look up, so yes, they could be seen by the street. In any event, this is a public, outdoor location, they were drunk and naked, and have been charged by police, so I guess there is something to it after all.

I will never understand why anyone needs to get ****faced drunk, or why being naked around a group of your buddies is something guys think is fun, but there you go. I think they’re idiots, and the penalties for them should have been higher. This kind of crap is what makes it hard to be a fan of this game.

Why would you give the vulture NRL media any ammo. Got to one of the lads joints and get on it. Out of sight out of mind

This is the issue, and I find it crazy that people can't see it for what it is. The Bulldogs fucked up.

This is the issue, and I find it crazy that people can't see it for what it is. The Bulldogs fucked up.
The Bulldogs have really slipped in all facets as a club over the last 5-10 years. They used to be one of the best run clubs in the game under Peter Moore. Now they are turning into a basket case of Parramatta proportions

The only way they fucked up was by underestimating how vulturous the media are. The massive fine will of course teach clubs that they need to hide themselves away better in future, but again, it appears the only people who witnessed this are the media, and they deliberately went looking for it.

The only way they fucked up was by underestimating how vulturous the media are. The massive fine will of course teach clubs that they need to hide themselves away better in future, but again, it appears the only people who witnessed this are the media, and they deliberately went looking for it.

Nah, that's not the issue at all. It's that the club endorsed their players getting stupid drunk, while their minders watched on and got stupid drunk, and let it spill into the streets. You're still not allowed to just go take your kit off in a licensed premises, but club reps let it happen.

I don't agree the fine should be anywhere near that amount, but it's sad that fans think it's ok for their main product to act like absolute fucking flogs in the eyes of everyone in the country. As if rugby league needs that. It's already the blue collar sport of thugs and drug takers, why do these brainless idiots keep giving people a reason to hate league?

It's dumb, and I'm really shocked so many people think it's ok.

Nah, that's not the issue at all. It's that the club endorsed their players getting stupid drunk, while their minders watched on and got stupid drunk, and let it spill into the streets. You're still not allowed to just go take your kit off in a licensed premises, but club reps let it happen.

I don't agree the fine should be anywhere near that amount, but it's sad that fans think it's ok for their main product to act like absolute fucking flogs in the eyes of everyone in the country. As if rugby league needs that. It's already the blue collar sport of thugs and drug takers, why do these brainless idiots keep giving people a reason to hate league?

It's dumb, and I'm really shocked so many people think it's ok.

The only difference between the Bulldogs and every other club on Mad Monday, be it NRL teams or the Wynnum Reserve Grade Cricket Club, is that the Bulldogs put themselves in a position to be photographed, albeit photographed with some difficulty and from a position that no member of the public would normally be.

I agree that they fucked up, that the judgement of the minders was fucking poor, but had one or two journo photographers not perched themselves precariously across the street from this, the Bulldogs' antics would not be in the public eye, and would have been no more harmful than the other 6 NRL clubs who celebrated.

Last edited:
The only difference between the Bulldogs and every other club on Mad Monday, be it NRL teams or the Wynnum Reserve Grade Cricket Club, is that the Bulldogs put themselves in a position to be photographed, albeit photographed with some difficulty and from a position that no member of the public would normally be.

I agree that they fucked up, that the judgement of the minders was fucking poor, but had one or two journo photographers not perched themselves precariously across the street from this, the Bulldogs' antics would not be in the public eye, and would have been no more harmful than the other 6 NRL clubs who celebrated.

Stop blaming the media for doing what the media does. This is 100% on the Bulldogs, NOT the media.

Mate they have been charged by the police for being naked in public (whatever that exact charge is), clearly the public could see them.

There has to be bigger stories than this surely! We're talking about a club at the bottom of ladder, ripped apart by poor management, that still managed to compete for most of their 26 rounds and we're going to sink the boot into their players because one of them got drunk and did a nudie run!
This would happen nearly every week somewhere at a buck's party. At the end of the day their just young men letting off steam in a (mostly) harmless way.
Sure, caution and fine the nude bloke, do the same with the organisation, with steps to not let it happen again, send the results to every other club if need be, but DONT pretend this is a grave crime demanding recrimination.
It comes down to our drinking culture. Rather than blame some young men who are simply following in the foot steps of the last generation, make an effort to show those who avoid the mess and entertain themselves in other ways, as role models. Not everyone is a heavy drinker, and those that don't often have far more interesting lives.
Of course the beer sponsorship might get in the way.

Stop blaming the media for doing what the media does. This is 100% on the Bulldogs, NOT the media.

Remember a couple of years back the Bulldogs had their party at like the stadium or the training field, can't remember. They locked it up so it was the players and staff only, and the locked gate was 100 metres from the building and grounds.

And yet the media still rocked up and took photos of whoever they could in whatever state they could. Had some of the players got up to the same sort of antics in that situation, and been snapped by the media, would that still be the club's fault?

What next, completely indoors function but someone manages to stick their camera in through a semi-open window, is that the Bulldogs' fault too?

Mate they have been charged by the police for being naked in public (whatever that exact charge is), clearly the public could see them.

What are the circumstances here? The early reports mentioned nothing about players being charged, and had that been the case at the time I'm sure the media would have loved to have run with that headline. "Bulldogs players charged after out of control Mad Monday".

I can't say for sure of course, but it would appear to me that any charges that were made came as a result of the photographs that were published by the media.

Last edited:
Remember a couple of years back the Bulldogs had their party at like the stadium or the training field, can't remember. They locked it up so it was the players and staff only, and the locked gate was 100 metres from the building and grounds.

And yet the media still rocked up and took photos of whoever they could in whatever state they could. Had some of the players got up to the same sort of antics in that situation, and been snapped by the media, would that still be the club's fault?

What next, completely indoors function but someone manages to stick their camera in through a semi-open window, is that the Bulldogs' fault too?

What are the circumstances here? The early reports mentioned nothing about players being charged, and had that been the case at the time I'm sure the media would have loved to have run with that headline. "Bulldogs players charged after out of control Mad Monday".

I can't say for sure of course, but it would appear to me that any charges that were made came as a result of the photographs that were published by the media.

I get what you're saying, you don't need to keep repeating it, I disagree that the media take any blame. I don't care if they are assholes.

Australia has a massive, massive, massive drinking problem. Like it or not, these derps are role models to many people, they are the image of our game. It sends the complete wrong message to society. This is a team that played like busted assholes all year, they have NOTHING to celebrate, yet they are not only drunk and having a good time, they are making absolute dickheads (literally too) of themselves. For what?

It's not an image that should be associated with the game. But sure, lets blame the media. You fucking scum media assholes, how dare you point out players acting up, you horrible horrible people.

I get what you're saying, you don't need to keep repeating it, I disagree that the media take any blame. I don't care if they are assholes.

Australia has a massive, massive, massive drinking problem. Like it or not, these derps are role models to many people, they are the image of our game. It sends the complete wrong message to society. This is a team that played like busted assholes all year, they have NOTHING to celebrate, yet they are not only drunk and having a good time, they are making absolute dickheads (literally too) of themselves. For what?

It's not an image that should be associated with the game. But sure, lets blame the media. You fucking scum media assholes, how dare you point out players acting up, you horrible horrible people.

Again, the only difference between them and other NRL clubs is that the media weren't able to get their cameras close enough to film the others. They would all have been doing the same thing.

just heard on the radio (4GB) that this incident has now cost the Bulldogs their major sponsor.

apparently was about to float his company on the stock market, and needed to distance himself from the bad publicity

Again, the only difference between them and other NRL clubs is that the media weren't able to get their cameras close enough to film the others. They would all have been doing the same thing.

Don't make assumptions. I would be extremely surprised if a club like the Broncos, Roosters, or Storm allowed their players to get into a situation where they were in that condition, with minders following suit. It's not the act of a professional club.

I'm almost lost for words

The only thing dumber than the club allowing this to happen, is people trying to justify it

Don't make assumptions. I would be extremely surprised if a club like the Broncos, Roosters, or Storm allowed their players to get into a situation where they were in that condition, with minders following suit. It's not the act of a professional club.
Mitchell Pearce trying to **** a dog doesn't count then.

And for that matter, isn't it totally obvious that if a club like the Broncos did do that, it would be captured by a reporter and there'd be hell to pay?

Mitchell Pearce trying to **** a dog doesn't count then.

I know it can be hard to keep up, but please at least have a quick read before you reply. This was officially sanctioned.

And for that matter, isn't it totally obvious that if a club like the Broncos did do that, it would be captured by a reporter and there'd be hell to pay?

You just need to look back at Alhambra to know what the media would do if the Broncos were caught out like the dogs were. Again, another non sanctioned event with players behaving badly. They got wrecked for that in the media, so it makes sense to me that a club sanctioned event, and I note again, with their minders pissed as farts too, would gain a lot of bad press too.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Spooky1013
  • Big Del
  • BRC088
  • winslow_wong
  • broncotville
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Culhwch
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • maddo
  • johnny plath
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.