NRL Players in hot water

Tom

State of Origin Rep
And the chances of him being found not guilty are quite high.. In fact, I think there is a very slim chance he will be found guilty. Unless his cousin (is that the other person he was with) decides to turn on him if JDB did in fact rape her, which likely would have happened by now if that was the case.
I am actually wondering that IF he is found not guilty, would he possibly have a case for lost earnings? I know he gets paid but he has no chance to increase his value for his next contract if he is on the sidelines.

Foordy

International Rep
I am actually wondering that IF he is found not guilty, would he possibly have a case for lost earnings? I know he gets paid but he has no chance to increase his value for his next contract if he is on the sidelines.
doubtful

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Ok this is bizarre. JDB's lawyers have argued that the NRL never provided education to him regarding violence against women............am I reading this right?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-v-de-belin-storm-boss-says-horror-summer-cost-club-500k/news-story/2088a8661bf81baebb836cd4dd425753
Wow. Lawyers are subhuman. He equated a tennis player throwing a tantrum with a footballer allegedly violently raping a woman. Also how dumb is JDB? He tells his lawyer “they never said I couldn’t be violent to a woman but they did say something about not getting involved in theatre sports.” They used theatre sports to role play not being violent with women hoping the message would get through to the dumb ****!

Reactions: Tom

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
Reactions: Tom

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Thank you all. I thought maybe the bundy had been leading me up the garden path again.....[HASHTAG]#reassured[/HASHTAG].

Porthoz

International Captain
TBF, I don't think that is a defense to the rape case, but as an argument against the harshness of the punishment dealt by the NRL, when they supposedly don't even take the steps to educate the players in these matters.

P.S. I'm not going to get into how ridiculous it is that the game should educate players on violence against women... as if it wouldn't speak for itself.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
TBF, I don't think that is a defense to the rape case, but as an argument against the harshness of the punishment dealt by the NRL, when they supposedly don't even take the steps to educate the players in these matters.

P.S. I'm not going to get into how ridiculous it is that the game should educate players on violence against women... as if it wouldn't speak for itself.
How popular is he going to be amongst players when a mandatory ‘don’t be violent against women’ seminar is introduced by the NRL...

Foordy

International Rep
if i was the prosecutor in his sexual assault trial, i would use the comments from his lawyer to help strengthen my case.

in that closing, he didn't say he was innocent of the charges against him ... just that the NRL didn't educate him that violence against women was wrong

Viti

QCup Player
Ok this is bizarre. JDB's lawyers have argued that the NRL never provided education to him regarding violence against women............am I reading this right?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-v-de-belin-storm-boss-says-horror-summer-cost-club-500k/news-story/2088a8661bf81baebb836cd4dd425753
What an absolute fucking crock of shit, this is what shits me about today’s society. There’s always gotta be someone else to blame, no one can take accountability for their own actions.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Give him an extra couple of years for him and his lawyers being dicks.
This.

I know a lot of people will chalk this up to lawyers being lawyers, but they work for JDB. If I was in his situation and my lawyers told me our strategy is to say that you weren’t taught that violence against women is bad then I would be getting new lawyers.

Alec

International Rep
What exactly did they say? Headlines can be misleading, sometimes like even 2/3rds of the time.

Porthoz

International Captain
This.

I know a lot of people will chalk this up to lawyers being lawyers, but they work for JDB. If I was in his situation and my lawyers told me our strategy is to say that you weren’t taught that violence against women is bad then I would be getting new lawyers.
Remember this is about his case against the NRL, not his defense for the actual rape case.

Morepudding

NRL Player
Slightly off topic, but in also sorta serious about this. Does anyone else think it's a bit morally fucked how channel 9 promote Paul Gallen and have him as a commentator? Like bloke has flatout admitted to taking peptides and cheating. Hardly a good role model for kids, and probably someone who shouldn't receive such a kushy job.

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Slightly off topic, but in also sorta serious about this. Does anyone else think it's a bit morally fucked how channel 9 promote Paul Gallen and have him as a commentator? Like bloke has flatout admitted to taking peptides and cheating. Hardly a good role model for kids, and probably someone who shouldn't receive such a kushy job.
Far lesser offence than Andrew Johns.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.