NRL Players and family members in hot water

Anyone who still has the Cowboys as their ‘2nd team’ needs to have a cold hard look at themselves after what’s been going on in this thread. 1 team, 1 team only.

Nah, a single thread with some fans shitposting shouldn't change your opinion on a team. I don't think it's a big deal, there's shitposting everywhere about everything. Losing to them is reason enough to not like them.

Broken down fullback that probably hasn’t realised his dad is no longer at the club? Talk about me gloating for 2015? Gee whiz gloating over having Boyd right now is the definition of clutching at straws

The cowboys would take Boyd or Isaako today if they were available. Hell, you’d probably take Kahu if we offered him to you and then brag about it like your fans are doing with McGuire despite signing, and paying big money for, an unwanted under contract player we were gracious enough to offer to you.

Anyway, Broncos fans don’t really need to worry about your lot for the foreseeable future. Sure, the nrl and refs will keep our ‘derbies’ close, but your side isn’t a threat with the absolute state of your spine and outside backs. The fact that the cows are even looking at Johnston tells you all you need to know.

Anyone who still has the Cowboys as their ‘2nd team’ needs to have a cold hard look at themselves after what’s been going on in this thread. 1 team, 1 team only.

Don't have a second team but also have to admit I don't actually hate the Cows as a club. Only really disliked JT and Paul Green due to their attitude to losing and how it's always someone else's fault. JT is gone and I suspect PG will be looking for a new job after this season, possibly next. Their captain Matt Scott is actually really likeable as a person, so is Michael Morgan.Their fans obviously take the rivalry way more seriously than we do too, notice how like 99% of trolls we get here are Cow fans. I expect they will pull their heads in after we resume our dominance over them.

Tough break for the Cowboys, but that was the gamble they made with the Barba signing. Either they got an amazing fullback for a steal ($300,000 is a bargain) or it blows up in your face. If there's any positive the Cowboys can take away from this, it's that it all transpired in the pre-season. Had it happened mid-way through the season, it'd be far more difficult to manage.

Long-term, this may actually prove a blessing in disguise. The Barba-Cowboys arrangement was only guaranteed for a season and it seemed to hinge on whether the Cowboys could sign Valentine Holmes. I'm 80% certain that Valentine will sign with the Cowboys for 2020 and they will have one of the best players in the competition. Don't kid yourselves with Darius Boyd, Jordan Kahu or Jamayne Isaako - the Cows have their sights set higher.

What this move means, is that instead of having Barba fill in for a year and having to negotiate between Te Maire Martin and Jake Clifford, they can focus more on Clifford who is the most exciting halfback prospect coming through the grades. It may not pan out that way from the word go, but come 2020 Clifford and Martin will be better off.

I still have a lot of respect for Paul Green. Last season he was dealt some very harsh lessons and provided he learns from them, there's no reason he can't achieve the same level of success he was able to from 2014-17. The Cowboys have one of the best middle rotations in the competition, Morgan has shown he has what it takes to lead the side around the park and Coen Hess has the ability to be the most destructive edge forward in the game - I wouldn't write them off for a spot in the top 8.

ANOTHER OFF-FIELD DRAMA

In this current climate you would expect all NRL stars to be on their best behaviour.
Yet some will never learn.

Ben Barba knew he was on his last chance in rugby league when he allegedly assaulted his partner.

There is another story too about a boofhead player at the Manly Sea Eagles.

A number of Manly players were drinking at their regular watering hole, the Harbord ‘Hilton’, last week.

One had too many to drink and stuck his hand in the staff tips jar.

This idiot took a $20 note.

When questioned by staff he refused to put it back.

Fancy a highly paid footballer doing that to $20-a-hour bar staff.

On this occasion we have chosen not to name the Sea Eagles player.

Coach Des Hasler is aware of what happened and has made sure the money was returned.

The player has been told in no uncertain terms to pull his head in.

Source: Courier Mail

So do I, Cronulla.
2ss2az.jpg

Still can’t beat us when it matters 0 and 5 in finals knock out games including the most heart break grand final defeat of all time. Must burn to this day it was against us.

Salivating at the thought of the Cowboys without JT. Already made a GF without him I think we will do just fine.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I'm truly enjoying this trolling.
Hope you stick around this year bud and don't lose interest in the NRL. Impressed you're still going after least year. Really an enjoying this cage rustling

So Barba's careers over...Cue the outrage on social media about Lodge still in the game... There'll be no mention of Packer or Inglis. Just the evil Broncos.

It will be mentioned but I don’t think it will be as you’d suspect. The Broncs have a new and likeable coach, that changes things.

It will be mentioned but I don’t think it will be as you’d suspect. The Broncs have a new and likeable coach, that changes things.

This is a good point and you can notice the change already.

If Bennett was still with us this would certainly be happening, but the media like Seibold so there is not a mention. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we start getting the redemption articles for Lodge and praise for helping to turn his life around etc. We will notice the biggest difference with Paul Kent I reckon.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • mitch222
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.