NRL Players and family members in hot water

Addo-Carr spoke to the Telegraph about it.

"They're my family mate, my cousins and two of my uncles. I don't know what to say. I came up here for my pregnant missus. She's about to have a baby then spent some time with my family."

15 minutes later sends another text.

"Just touching on what we spoke about! Mate it was a cultural gathering. Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt live off the land, thank you take care."

Sounds like he realized he fucked up with the first message, and then tried to turn it around to make it out to be a cultural gathering when it's pretty damn clear that wasn't the reasoning for it.

How long until they use culture as an excuse?

**** them. Fine them, lock them away for 2 weeks, and tell them their season is over. Fucking sick of these absolute fucking brainless fuckwits doing this to the game.
Agreed.

This is as much a cultural gathering as the SA cop stoning the wombat to death is cultural hunting.
Its a disgraceful copout and offensive to the indigenous community to use this as an excuse.
Sit them both down for the season to send a strong message that the newly reformed NRL will tolerate no bullshit on any level, From the CEO down to the trainers/admin.
If the game wants to be taken seriously, they have to cut out this bullshit on all levels.
Decades of corruption in the administration and deadshit behavior/culture among the players has left the game in the state its in right now and only radical change will improve it.

Shooting guns, riding motorbikes and hitting the piss is cultural is it?
I must be cultured as **** then.

So he goes to be with his pregnant girlfriend by riding motorbikes, hunting and drinking?
You should see what he got her for her birthday.

28fea927d358614e2816899d1c201d26.jpg

Jeez, I hope you're not that detached from reality in real life and this is just your online persona...
Restrictions are being eased as of this weekend is fact. We've had very few new cases recently and it'll only slow down more. What's going to keep everything locked down?

Im less detached from reality than you are scared of shadows.

Restrictions are being eased as of this weekend is fact. We've had very few new cases recently and it'll only slow down more. What's going to keep everything locked down?

Its certainly slowing down, but thats mainly because of social distancing. The restriction lifitng in QLD is still very minor. Still only limited to your household. Going into the flu season, i doubt we will see much more than whats proposed at the moment.

Wasn’t Souths planning to train until something stopped them? I can’t remember the full story, maybe one of you boys remember better than I do. But if that’s the case who can blame Mitchell for not taking it serious when his club isn’t.

I've heard that NRL will make an example of the players, and force the Rabbitohs, Storm, and NSW Blue's stars to bahahhahahah I couldn't even keep a straight face. The NSWRL will do **** all. If they don't nod along with the "cultural" excuse, they'll make them sit down for an intense 30 minute lecture on social distancing, and promise to Not Be Naughty Again.

I'm so fucking sick of these clowns. Sit them the **** down.

1. The game has been working around the clock to get the players back on the field and their back accounts filled and all these fuckheads have been asked to do is observe the same rules that every other Australian has to, and they can't even fucking do that.

2. After acting like complete fuckheads instead of taking responsibility and apologising fuckface No. 1 can't even come up with a decent lie. "They are all my family, I mean I have come up here for my pregnant missus". Nothing a 'pregnant missus' loves more than watching her halfwit partner ride motorbikes and shoot things.

3. Once he realises his lie still has him breaking the rules all of a sudden it is a 'cultural gathering' not only laughing in everyone's face but making a mockery of his cultural.

**** you you absolute fuckbags.

Minor restrictions being eased is a far cry from "it really won’t be long until business as usual".

Your and these idiot players' attitude is exactly what leads to second pandemic waves, which as a historical rule, are always worse than the first...
I would be very surprised to see things returning to normal until a vaccine is available and most population received it, or most people have built immunity to the wild virus.

Let's hope it's the first, which is still many months away at a minimum (probably not before 2021) and not the second, because that would mean that about 80%+ of the population would have had the disease in some form, with the disastrous consequences in deaths and overwhelming of the health system as we've seen in countries like Italy, Spain, France, UK and US, which would lead us back to even tougher restrictions.

P.S. Of course, it could also be I am scared of shadows, and this virus is just going to go away without trace when they turn the 5G towers off.

If the NRL are serious about trying to recommence, make a very good example out of them. The punishment should be right fellas, your out for the year. No getting paid, no football all together. You break the rules and you sit for the year without financial compensation. This should give the players the actual response that will listen to. Would also show the governments that are letting them recommence that they are fully serious about following the strict protocols.

Clint Newton claiming he "accidentally" liked the instagram post ... he said that he was notified about the post and was working through everything before contacting the players involved and accidentally hit the like button

here are his quotes from the courier mail:

“So it was a mistake,” Newton said.

“I was obviously notified of the images early and so began working through a process of getting the information before contacting the players. You could see there was a series of images and when accessing those the mistake was made.

“I realise it is a super sensitive time right now, but I’m sure anyone who has ever sent the wrong text message, the wrong email, or has accidentally liked things on social media can emphasise.

“It certainly was not a disregard for the social distancing rules or those NRL protocols that are in place.

“We take those incredibly seriously and we have constantly pushed out things that will aid the process of returning to play.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.