NRL Players and family members in hot water

94678929_1125263567807330_1661214997004419072_n.jpg

Addo-Carr spoke to the Telegraph about it.

"They're my family mate, my cousins and two of my uncles. I don't know what to say. I came up here for my pregnant missus. She's about to have a baby then spent some time with my family."

15 minutes later sends another text.

"Just touching on what we spoke about! Mate it was a cultural gathering. Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt live off the land, thank you take care."

Sounds like he realized he fucked up with the first message, and then tried to turn it around to make it out to be a cultural gathering when it's pretty damn clear that wasn't the reasoning for it.

Nailed it. It's the go to excuse.

Clint Newton claiming he "accidentally" liked the instagram post ... he said that he was notified about the post and was working through everything before contacting the players involved and accidentally hit the like button

here are his quotes from the courier mail:

😂 😂 😂 What a load of shit.

Just read they got a 1000$ fine by the cops.
Drop in the ocean for these merkins, and hardly a deterrent.
I hope the NRL stings them for a lot more than that.

Tyrone Roberts-Davis also being investigated for attending the totally cultural gathering.

Oh good a no-name is caught up in this, the NRL will make an example of him to show they are serious, but will find weird mitigating reason why they didn’t do the same for the superstars.

I'm thinking the players involved will be isolated from the playing group for 2-4 weeks (to prevent spread within their teams)... this has a flow on to the clubs training requirements. Although Warriors getting here may save them there.

FWIW I would like to see them being suspended since it has a massive impact on the NRL being able to restart... the NRL is looking to negotiate with state and federal governments about strict self isolating and these guys represent example A of concerns they will have.

And the clubs will be fined (heavily) for not controlling the players under the self isolation requirements, which I believe they have been required to do when the season was actually on, and were required to do when the season was suspended. Players should also be fined for not self isolating.

Did Souths also let Latrell visit Taree on his way to the Broncos game??

Kind of suggests poor enforcement from the club to instill the self isolation requirements.

Also the RLPA needs to rip them a new one... are the players not meant to be a stakeholder in the game. What the **** do the RLPA even do other than complain that the players aren't being paid enough.

Last edited:
Agreed.

This is as much a cultural gathering as the SA cop stoning the wombat to death is cultural hunting.
Its a disgraceful copout and offensive to the indigenous community to use this as an excuse.
Sit them both down for the season to send a strong message that the newly reformed NRL will tolerate no bullshit on any level, From the CEO down to the trainers/admin.
If the game wants to be taken seriously, they have to cut out this bullshit on all levels.
Decades of corruption in the administration and deadshit behavior/culture among the players has left the game in the state its in right now and only radical change will improve it.

Well said on all fronts. Couldn’t agree more.
Funny but I never know that riding motorbikes and shooting guns was such a big part of the “culture”.... pfffft....

Fucking latrell Mitchell pulling the racism card. **** HIM, I have always thought he was a tool but ffs I am sick of this ****. **** OFF out of the game you privledged ****, your lifestyle is about as close to ypur ancestors as mine is to the Scottish highlanders, you don't see me calling out English people for the centuries of rape, slavery, torture and invasion of "my people". Give up the momey you get from the culture you hate so much or stfu...
I hope the nrl throw the book at him but we all know they won't.

I guess this solves Wayne’s problem of whether or not to play Fatrell at fullback🤣🤣🤣

I guess this solves Wayne’s problem of whether or not to play Fatrell at fullback🤣🤣🤣
All this talk/excuse of culture reminds me that Souffs definitely have a massive cultural problem... whats changed the last year i wonder! A few signings could all lay claim to helping it along..

Fucking latrell Mitchell pulling the racism card. **** HIM, I have always thought he was a tool but ffs I am sick of this ****. **** OFF out of the game you privledged ****, your lifestyle is about as close to ypur ancestors as mine is to the Scottish highlanders, you don't see me calling out English people for the centuries of rape, slavery, torture and invasion of "my people". Give up the momey you get from the culture you hate so much or stfu...
I hope the nrl throw the book at him but we all know they won't.

Culture is obviously being used as a pretty see through excuse but I think you’ve gone off a bit strong here, mate.

Joffa got suspended for sleeping in his car. These guys did far worse. Rub them out and remove 6 points from their clubs. That should eliminate the Storm from finals contention. Lol.
Seriously. Suspend them for the year.

Like how fucking stupid do you have to be to post the evidence all over social media?

Even if it was a cultural gathering, which it wasn’t, it makes no fucking difference. It can’t happen and that’s been made very very clear. They don’t make exemptions for cultural gatherings that aren’t funerals and even if they do, you must stay 1.5 metres apart at all times.

Latrell said he’s been practicing social distancing. The photos say differently. Fucking halfwits.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncos Maestro
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.