NRL Players and family members in hot water

I'm thinking the players involved will be isolated from the playing group for 2-4 weeks (to prevent spread within their teams)... this has a flow on to the clubs training requirements. Although Warriors getting here may save them there.

FWIW I would like to see them being suspended since it has a massive impact on the NRL being able to restart... the NRL is looking to negotiate with state and federal governments about strict self isolating and these guys represent example A of concerns they will have.

And the clubs will be fined (heavily) for not controlling the players under the self isolation requirements, which I believe they have been required to do when the season was actually on, and were required to do when the season was suspended. Players should also be fined for not self isolating.

Did Souths also let Latrell visit Taree on his way to the Broncos game??

Kind of suggests poor enforcement from the club to instill the self isolation requirements.

Also the RLPA needs to rip them a new one... are the players not meant to be a stakeholder in the game. What the **** do the RLPA even do other than complain that the players aren't being paid enough.

Like inappropriate insta posts?

Minimum 6wks each I reckon. Poor Wayne won’t be able to sweep this one under the carpet.

Minimum 6wks each I reckon. Poor Wayne won’t be able to sweep this one under the carpet.
6 weeks if they are lucky i think.
The flow on effect for the rest of the comp could be disastrous.
Imagine if this stops the comp from going ahead, you are talking about hundreds of players losing wages, NRL losing huge revenue, clubs and staff all losing money, just because a couple of deadshits couldn't follow the rules the rest of us are living under.
There will be people who will use this situation as ammunition to stall the comp restarting, at the very least you would think both ado carr and mitchell will have to be quarantined for the next couple weeks to avoid contaminating the NRLs bubble and infecting other players/staff.
Think about the ramification of someone like Wayne Bennet catching this virus because Latrell wanted a weekend with the boys.
This will also be an opportunity for V'landys to show he is made of the right stuff to lead the NRL out of the shithole it has dug itself into.
I think he is going to come down hard on these two blokes to set an example and show leadership.

Tbf, i dont think any coach in the game could have done anything about it. JAC has Bellamy to contend with and i dont think he is lacking in discipline either. This is all squarely in the individuals heads.

Should be rubbed out for the season considering what could have happened if one of these Merkins caught the rona and infected there team mates.

Hopefully the law comes down hard and they can isolate for 6 months.

Last edited:
Addo-Carr was reportedly warned twice previously for breaching the COVID-19 laws

he is also reportedly still being investigated for firing the weapon (possibly without a licence)

and both of those bikes were reportedly unregistered

very good chance that both get suspended and/or fined by the NRL ... especially as the NRL desperately needs the comp to resume

Addo-Carr was reportedly warned twice previously for breaching the COVID-19 laws

he is also reportedly still being investigated for firing the weapon (possibly without a licence)

and both of those bikes were reportedly unregistered

very good chance that both get suspended and/or fined by the NRL ... especially as the NRL desperately needs the comp to resume

I wasn't aware his ancestors were hunting with rifles. Is this some new culture maybe?

Tbf, i dont think any coach in the game could have done anything about it. JAC has Bellamy to contend with and i dont think he is lacking in discipline either. This is all squarely in the individuals heads.
Agreed, especially with player onus.
However, surely coaches are still in contact with their players. We all know that players at times aren't the smartest. Some of them need very close monitoring..
Was there not also the rumors that souffs were trying to come back and train early? IF this is correct, it would most probably come from the coaching staff. This straight away would some players the idea that it isn't all that serious, whilst most of us know how serious it is..
Addo-Carr will get shredded by Bellamy, no doubt, but he is out the door at the end of the season anyway and probably wouldn't have cared about the spray as much as if this was 2yrs ago.

6 weeks if they are lucky i think.
The flow on effect for the rest of the comp could be disastrous.
Imagine if this stops the comp from going ahead, you are talking about hundreds of players losing wages, NRL losing huge revenue, clubs and staff all losing money, just because a couple of deadshits couldn't follow the rules the rest of us are living under.
There will be people who will use this situation as ammunition to stall the comp restarting, at the very least you would think both ado carr and mitchell will have to be quarantined for the next couple weeks to avoid contaminating the NRLs bubble and infecting other players/staff.
Think about the ramification of someone like Wayne Bennet catching this virus because Latrell wanted a weekend with the boys.
This will also be an opportunity for V'landys to show he is made of the right stuff to lead the NRL out of the shithole it has dug itself into.
I think he is going to come down hard on these two blokes to set an example and show leadership.

This is exactly what should happen but it won't, the NRL is piss weak especially when it comes to issues that could upset the PC brigade which is exactly why Addo-Carr wrote back to Slothfield to correct himself and say it was a "cultural gathering" (as we all know the aboriginal cultural was built on dirt bikes and hunting animals with rifles).

I have liked what I have seen from V'landys but unfortunately I think he will fail at the first hurdle and come out with fines and the absolute maximum a 2 week suspension. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:
Considering these players have potentially compromised the NRL starting back up, I would think that suspending them for the season is a suitable punishment. I'd be saying the same thing if it was a Broncos player. They've acted like entitled brats, where the rules don't apply to them.

With Mitchell, in particular, I keep coming back to his "earn as much as I can, retire early" comment - it genuinely looks like this comment was less about him busting his arse while he has the opportunity, and more about leaning on his talents while doing as little as possible. This latest stunt just re-enforces that to me. $800k/yr from the Roosters was not enough for him apparently, so what has he done since then to prove he is worth more? Shopped himself around? Pretended to show interest with the Cowboys? Then when he got signed by Souths, he sat around and got fat, was so out of shape that he got hooked while playing, and then, when the rest of the country was in lockdown, the entitled piece of shit decided that the rules that keep everyone safe shouldn't apply to him, because he is a superstar, and he'll do whatever the **** he wants. End of rant.

Addo-Carr spoke to the Telegraph about it.

"They're my family mate, my cousins and two of my uncles. I don't know what to say. I came up here for my pregnant missus. She's about to have a baby then spent some time with my family."

15 minutes later sends another text.

"Just touching on what we spoke about! Mate it was a cultural gathering. Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt live off the land, thank you take care."

Sounds like he realized he fucked up with the first message, and then tried to turn it around to make it out to be a cultural gathering when it's pretty damn clear that wasn't the reasoning for it.

Looks like he’s trying every trick under the sun to avoid owning up to his shit like a man. I hate it when people use culture as a excuse I wonder if he realises that as indigenous people we are more susceptible to the virus, so the pregnant missus excuse probably doesn’t look soo good right now

Looks like he’s trying every trick under the sun to avoid owning up to his shit like a man. I hate it when people use culture as a excuse I wonder if he realises that as indigenous people we are more susceptible to the virus, so the pregnant missus excuse probably doesn’t look soo good right now

He couldn't give a **** even if he did. He is a selfish man-child and embodies everything that the average NRL detractor thinks about the sport.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.