NRL Players and family members in hot water

When you're doing it to try and recover, it's not on the same level as just outright, no ***** given, cheating.
From what I understand the Dank sales pitch was exactly that, a drug regime to speed up recovery times. I believe that's what Essenden and Cronulla were trying to achieve and I never believed Cronulla were trying to use peptides to cheat. I think both clubs were naive with their faith in slick talk, science babble and medical qualifications.

From what I understand the Dank sales pitch was exactly that, a drug regime to speed up recovery times. I believe that's what Essenden and Cronulla were trying to achieve and I never believed Cronulla were trying to use peptides to cheat. I think both clubs were naive with their faith in slick talk, science babble and medical qualifications.

He was employed by a club who's coach was implicated in the program. He was there to help them cheat.

My comment it that a single player going and finding a needle when he's had such a. Shit time with injuries is somewhat understandable, not acceptable.

Cheating as an entire club, players aware or not, is in a different league.

The CM say he is a contracted Sharks player. Never heard of him though.

From the way he charged at the cop car, the broncos should sign him up and tell him to channel that energy on the field. Tell him the opposition doesn’t like his water or something.

He was employed by a club who's coach was implicated in the program. He was there to help them cheat.

My comment it that a single player going and finding a needle when he's had such a. Shit time with injuries is somewhat understandable, not acceptable.

Cheating as an entire club, players aware or not, is in a different league.
I agree in a sense. Systemic cheating as Melbourne did is, in my opinion at least a great deal worse than a 6 week course of drugs designed specifically for faster recovery. I do not consider them to be equal in any sense other than the offence of 'being outside the rules'. Anyway, it's all ancient history now. Anyone who thinks both clubs, Melbourne and Cronulla are on an equal footing is I believe plainly wrong. I agree both deserved punishment and I think the differing punishments fitted the crimes.

I agreed with all of that until the last line.

Cronulla were not punished. Backdated suspension and a premiership, give me a break.
Errr, $1,000,000 fine, coach suspended and banned, lost revenue from sponsors and enormous bad publicity not to mention the stigma attached. That actually is punishment. Also they didn't win a premiership in 2013 when the offence occurred but three years later they did win a premiership and I'm pretty sure the six week course of recovery drugs back in '13 had worn off by then!!!! Contrast that to Melbourne and the systematic rorting of the salary cap. Sorry, they were punished even if you don't agree. It was punishment that fit the crime as was Melbourne's.

I agreed with all of that until the last line.

Cronulla were not punished. Backdated suspension and a premiership, give me a break.
If that's punishment then sign the Broncos up for a double.

Errr, $1,000,000 fine, coach suspended and banned, lost revenue from sponsors and enormous bad publicity not to mention the stigma attached. That actually is punishment. Also they didn't win a premiership in 2013 when the offence occurred but three years later they did win a premiership and I'm pretty sure the six week course of recovery drugs back in '13 had worn off by then!!!! Contrast that to Melbourne and the systematic rorting of the salary cap. Sorry, they were punished even if you don't agree. It was punishment that fit the crime as was Melbourne's.
That’s right, they weren’t on drugs when they won their premiership, they were rorting the cap the year before and the year after premiership glory. Oops.

Last edited:
Players weren’t punished. The club may have been.
Mmmmm, I could point out that the stigma of being called a cheat, the loss of endorsement power and the mountains of abuse they endured including the intrusion into their lives, the financial scrutiny might be a punishment but I won't 😀🤐

If that's punishment then sign the Broncos up for a double.
They committed the offence in 2013, they won a premiership years later. Not sure what one has to do with the other. No amount of crying is going to change the past but I recognize that people have a right to continually bleat about injustice and make ludicrous links to drugs. I'm sure it makes one feel a little better each time.

That’s right, they weren’t on drugs when they won their premiership, they were rorting the cap the year before and the year after premiership glory. Oops.
You may be right about that but in this crazy day and age you need evidence to charge a club or person. Makes you wonder doesn't it? I mean, I wonder if there was evidence of wrongdoing. Evidently not.

On a side note, I hear Gallen is suing regarding this. Who, I’m not sure. It’ll be interesting how that progresses in relation to the comment above about tarnishing their brand.

That will be a hard case for him to win given he plead guilty

It is the least they could expect for flaunting the rules. Athletes are ultimately responsible for what they put in their body. Simple as that really.

On a side note, I hear Gallen is suing regarding this. Who, I’m not sure. It’ll be interesting how that progresses in relation to the comment above about tarnishing their brand.
Okay but I'd argue that rather than deliberately 'flaunting the rules' they may have been too trusting and somewhat mislead especially when the process was fully endorsed at the higher levels. It seems to be a reasonable conclusion given that 30 nrl players and what, 40 odd afl players all took the same path.

Logically thinking it's unlikely you'd get 70 odd atletes from different codes would all collude to flaunt the rules and that's not counting the lower tier staffers from both codes who all must have been 'in on it'. It just doesn't make sense and I'd doubt a rational thinker would conclude from the evidence that it was all a 'carefully orchestrated plan to cheat' especially when it would involve more than a hundred people from two codes. Well, I couldn't make that leap at least. It stretches credibility a tad ha ha.

Last edited:
Josh Reynolds failed a roadside drug test. He's cooked.
Apparently he failed the first test and passed the second so he hasn’t been charged. They are waiting for a proper result from the lab. His license was expired as well.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kman
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  • Behold
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • Bronx48
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.