NRL Players and family members in hot water

I've got to disagree, if there is enough there to warrant a criminal charge then the NRL has the right to protect it's image and stand down the player.

I wouldn't have had an issue if they let him play either, at the end of the day it's their right.
The presumption of innocents is a pillar of our legal system. He hasn't been afforded that.
If he is found to have no case to answer I hope the NRL is ready for a big payout.

I've got to disagree, if there is enough there to warrant a criminal charge then the NRL has the right to protect it's image and stand down the player.

I wouldn't have had an issue if they let him play either, at the end of the day it's their right.
No matter what, that means nothing more than "presumed guilty until found innocent".
I will never agree with that!

The presumption of innocents is a pillar of our legal system. He hasn't been afforded that.
If he is found to have no case to answer I hope the NRL is ready for a big payout.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't have a job in the NRL.

I think i'm in a similar position to yourself.
Logically I just cannot see how a bloke can be accused of something and a be partly punished for it before he even knows if its going to trial. His club is also being hurt.
If he is found guilty they should bury the **** under the jail as far as I'm concerned but at this stage he should be able to go about his business.
I mean there was a kiddie fiddler who pled guilty, during the week, of offences against an 8 yr old and he got 18 months fully suspended.
Yet they're locking people up for getting stoned and playing with themselves. The lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum.

Last edited:
The problem is an under funded justice system that takes too long to deliver justice whichever way it goes.

This. Like others have said, if he is found guilty, lock him up and throw away the key, but innocent until proven guilty is how out system works, start fucking with that and you break the system.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't have a job in the NRL.
Nah this is a load of shit right here. He has missed out on a lot on the presumption of guilt. Potential rep duties for both Australia and NSW, that amounts to lost income, potential increase in his contract value, being that he is not playing in the peak of his career.

Its asinine to think this is ok.

In the corporate world, on the same sort of wage bracket, you'd be stood down during the investigation if your name was attached to the company. It's no different. It sucks, but it is what it is.

In the corporate world, on the same sort of wage bracket, you'd be stood down during the investigation if your name was attached to the company. It's no different. It sucks, but it is what it is.
Except in JDB case, he has been stood down in the peak of his career, when it matters most. In the corporate world, that doesn't exist.
Like i said, he was stood down losing potential contract value and rep duties, all when he is at an age when that is most likely to happen.

Except in JDB case, he has been stood down in the peak of his career, when it matters most. In the corporate world, that doesn't exist.
Like i said, he was stood down losing potential contract value and rep duties, all when he is at an age when that is most likely to happen.

Has nothing to do with anything. An executive wouldn't get bonuses or the opportunity to be seconded to higher roles, or apply for higher playing roles.

JDB isn't special because he's a footballer, he's being treated like this, because that's life when you have a big name, and so does your company.

Has nothing to do with anything. An executive wouldn't get bonuses or the opportunity to be seconded to higher roles, or apply for higher playing roles.

JDB isn't special because he's a footballer, he's being treated like this, because that's life when you have a big name, and so does your company.
Except the executive could come back if he is found innocent, and not miss a step in the corporate world, he could do the same job at 50 as he did at 30.
Jack cant do that. He misses out on playing in his prime, which is something you cant get back.

Far easier to have a Dally M performing season in your prime than it is later in your career, same with increasing contract value or being selected for rep duties.
He works in an industry that has a peak performance age demographic, unlike the corporate world.
Jack could have had his 2 best seasons in his LIFE being that he is in his prime football playing years.

Last edited:
Except the executive could come back if he is found innocent, and not miss a step in the corporate world, he could do the same job at 50 as he did at 30.
Jack cant do that. He misses out on playing in his prime, which is something you cant get back.

Unfortuante circumstance.

Far easier to have a Dally M performing season in your prime than it is later in your career, same with increasing contract value or being selected for rep duties.
He works in an industry that has a peak performance age demographic, unlike the corporate world.
Jack could have had his 2 best seasons in his LIFE being that he is in his prime football playing years.

Stiff shit, don’t put yourself in the position of their being enough evidence against you for the prosecution to be confident that he can win a case of rape against you.

Unfortuante circumstance.
Well no, thats a copout.
Some occupations have a finite lifespan, being an athlete is one of them, You have a window of opportunity that allows you to earn your maximum potential, Jack is being denied that without due course in legal proceedings.
[automerge]1593685010[/automerge]
Stiff shit, don’t put yourself in the position of their being enough evidence against you for the prosecution to be confident that he can win a case of rape against you.
Dont get mad, if he is guilty, then i hope the dude rots in jail, this conversation has nothing to do with him as person, it has to do with the process.
False accusations happen, what is he supposed to do, never leave his house?

Last edited:
Well no, thats a copout.
Some occupations have a finite lifespan, being an athlete is one of them, You have a window of opportunity that allows you to earn your maximum potential, Jack is being denied that without due course in legal proceedings.

I understand your point of view, you don't need to explain it again. I don't agree with it. Being stood down for such a horrible investigation is acceptable to me, regardless of the occupation.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.