NRL Players and family members in hot water

I like how he thinks adding “that’s all respectfully” absolves him from the shit things he said.

Well its like when someone says no offense to something that is clearly offensive.

In that case I did read it all. I'm sorry if I am out of step with the universe but it doesn't seem too bad to me. He calls the victim 'the victim' and infers the justice system is fucked up and got it wrong. He's hardly the first to be pissed off with our justice system.

None of my statements are about the case, they're just about Williams words. I just cannot see that the outrage is justified. It seems to me at least that it's just the cancel culture in a different form. Anyway, Hayne will be punished accordingly. He's been found guilty and I have little doubt that it was fully investigated and hopefully he'll receive the correct sentence after his appeals are exhausted.

In that case I did read it all. I'm sorry if I am out of step with the universe but it doesn't seem too bad to me. He calls the victim 'the victim' and infers the justice system is fucked up and got it wrong. He's hardly the first to be pissed off with our justice system.

None of my statements are about the case, they're just about Williams words. I just cannot see that the outrage is justified. It seems to me at least that it's just the cancel culture in a different form. Anyway, Hayne will be punished accordingly. He's been found guilty and I have little doubt that it was fully investigated and hopefully he'll receive the correct sentence after his appeals are exhausted.
I’m not outraged. Just surprised at how stupid he is.

the jury is the De Belin case has reportedly reached a verdict on count 6 of the charges against him but are deadlocked on deliberations for counts 1 - 5.

the jury don't believe any amount of time will allow them to reach a verdict on count's 1-5, but the judge has ordered them to keep deliberating. she won't allow them to enter the verdict for count 6 at this stage

the jury is the De Belin case has reportedly reached a verdict on count 6 of the charges against him but are deadlocked on deliberations for counts 1 - 5.

the jury don't believe any amount of time will allow them to reach a verdict on count's 1-5, but the judge has ordered them to keep deliberating. she won't allow them to enter the verdict for count 6 at this stage
He's GAC

Jack de Belin NOT GUILTY of raping a woman in Wollongong.

Jury unable to reach a unanimous verdict on the remaining 5 charges and were discharged.

de Belin free to return to the NRL as soon as this weekend in Magic Round.

Hmmmm..................interesting..................has the NRL opened themselves up for possible civil action by affecting his career and right to earn an income?

Hmmmm..................interesting..................has the NRL opened themselves up for possible civil action by affecting his career and right to earn an income?

doubtful ... they're not the only profession to stand someone down under these circumstances.

BTW, there is a reason they call the verdict "not guilty" as opposed to "Innocent"

Prosecution has until May 28 to decide whether they will go ahead with a third trial.

Considering there’s been two already and both of them the jury couldn’t reach a unanimous verdict on 5 counts, you would think it wouldn’t be worth going ahead with a third trial.

It seems as though they just don’t have enough evidence to reach a conviction.

I am no lawyer but I think the nrl will have to see if the changes are going to be formally withdrawn. If they are he can probably play straight away.
If they aren’t (and there is no move for another trial) there will be enormous pressure on them to allow him to play.

Prosecution has until May 28 to decide whether they will go ahead with a third trial.

Considering there’s been two already and both of them the jury couldn’t reach a unanimous verdict on 5 counts, you would think it wouldn’t be worth going ahead with a third trial.

It seems as though they just don’t have enough evidence to reach a conviction.

it also tends to be a very hard crime to prosecute. especially if the alleged victim isn't beaten up.

the conviction rate is extremely low, some reports put it as low as 10%

I am no lawyer but I think the nrl will have to see if the changes are going to be formally withdrawn. If they are he can probably play straight away.
If they aren’t (and there is no move for another trial) there will be enormous pressure on them to allow him to play.

the remaining charges will either be withdrawn or scheduled for another trial. they won't leave them hanging

Jack de Belin NOT GUILTY of raping a woman in Wollongong.

Jury unable to reach a unanimous verdict on the remaining 5 charges and were discharged.

de Belin free to return to the NRL as soon as this weekend in Magic Round.

How is he free to play with 5 outstanding charges still? He should still fall under the sit down policy?

Active Now

• Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • RolledOates
  • Ozired
  • TimWhatley
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Strop
  • Mick_Hancock
  • armchair
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Alec
  • Tmac
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.