NRL Players and family members in hot water

Would likely have more luck against the person making the accusation if he was found not guilty.

Would likely have more luck against the person making the accusation if he was found not guilty.

a) he wasn't found "not guilty" ... it was a hung jury
b) he can't sue his accuser, if you were able to the criminal justice system would grind to a halt

a) he wasn't found "not guilty" ... it was a hung jury
b) he can't sue his accuser, if you were able to the criminal justice system would grind to a halt
Correct, you would think he would be within his rights to sue his employer though, except that the NRL continued to pay him, he just wasn't allowed to play.
Pretty savvy from the NRL really.

yep for sure.
It doesn't change the fact that his prime years have been impacted by this court case.
Theoretically he could have increased his value by more than what he resigned with the dragons for if he had the chance to play and prove he was worth more.

My point though is the stand down policy is not consistent, like everything else in the NRL.
See my Benji Marshall analogy as reference.
He missed out potential rep payments as well

I'd be interested too. Would be great to see him lose the same case two times in a row.

Pretty sure the first case was about challenging the NRL’s stand down policy in an attempt to continue playing.

I dont think he went ahead with the challenge so it hasn't been decided by a court.

He did, he lost at the Federal Court.

which means any lawsuit against the NRL would be starting from a position of weakness (if it would even get heard at all) given the stand down policy has already been tested in the federal court

Shocked Futurama GIF

It is Weidler though, are we sure it actually happened.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.