NRL Players and family members in hot water

I guess Lawyers are generally the last people to advocate taking responsibility for your own actions.

I think its a reasonable punishment, if it was just a single grope then I think a 2 year good behaviour bond is reasonable in the circumstances. I wouldn't have been against a short stint in jail but I think the judge got it right. He shouldn't be allowed to play NRL this year though, especially as he used job loss as a supposed punishment.

He has to live with this for the rest of his life not just the rest of his career he will die knowing that he 'dirty touched' a girl in public and committed a crime that the majority would find disgusting. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did something like that.

He has to live with this for the rest of his life not just the rest of his career he will die knowing that he 'dirty touched' a girl in public and committed a crime that the majority would find disgusting. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did something like that.

No way, I can't agree at all. Sure, we don't know him personally, but from all accounts the douchebag thinks that he's a fricken rock star and that he can do whatever he wishes. I don't believe for a second that he regrets what he did, in fact I believe that this "the NRL let me down" is to do with exactly that. Despite the fact that every year every player is sat down and drilled about responsibility, legal obligations, and social standards, he's been in the Raider's lacklustre system where anything goes. Who knows how many times he's tried this on and the girls have either swooned for the cashed-up sports hero, or they've simply just haven't complained. Now someone presses charges, and he's genuinely gobsmacked, because for all of his professional life he's never had to be accountable.

No. He will live with the fact that he got away with grabbing a female's bits and that he got away with it.

This is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. And comparing yourself to him is silly, if you feel that way, you're not going to go out and grab a female.

Think about it next time you see a bird who's almighty attractive. Think about how fucking wrong it would be to do exactly what he did.

He's a fucking scum bag. The fact the NRL weren't in the media within 2 minutes saying he won't be registered is fucked.

I wonder what would have happened if just an average joe did that. I think he got off easy. I've seen people cop worse for less.

Live with it? mate the bloke doesn't care. If he did he would be considering himself lucky, not challenging this in the supreme court. You are right most people would and do find it disgusting, but ferguson the grub is not most people

No. He will live with the fact that he got away with grabbing a female's bits and that he got away with it.

This is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. And comparing yourself to him is silly, if you feel that way, you're not going to go out and grab a female.

Think about it next time you see a bird who's almighty attractive. Think about how ****ing wrong it would be to do exactly what he did.

He's a ****ing scum bag. The fact the NRL weren't in the media within 2 minutes saying he won't be registered is ****ed.

How am I comparing myself to him? :confused: it's not just me who would feel disgusted if they did what he did almost everyone would. What he did was a vile act.

How am I comparing myself to him? :confused: it's not just me who would feel disgusted if they did what he did almost everyone would. What he did was a vile act.

You just did it again. You compared if you'd done it, how you would act, compared to how he would act.

Since Anthony Mundine has a desire to be prime minister and would like every decision go to a vote, how about he brings the admittance of Ferguson back into the NRL to the people? Afterall if its such a minor offence and massive overreaction, it will get through. Then lets see what the next excuse is :laugh:

Last edited:
What an utter dropkick, combined with Mundine and any chance of redemption is gone.

I think his lawyer is dumber than him

Well what are we expecting a lawyer to say? He's only ever going to side with his client, he'd be a shit lawyer if he did otherwise.

In any case, I think the court handed an appropriate punishment. I haven't heard of many cases where jail time is given for a single brief touch, if he ***** up again he'll be thrown in jail. Where I think he should be punished further though, is through the NRL. Deregister him for a minimum of 1 year, maybe 2, a potential loss of earnings of up to 2 million dollars. That's where it'll really hurt, 3 months in jail and back out earning 800k a year isn't much pain. Heck, I'd take that offer.

Last edited:
Yileen Gordon sacked. Didn't he have issues at the Bunnies as well?

Wests Tigers sack Yileen Gordon for "a breach of his playing terms and conditions" | News.com.au

WESTS Tigers recruit Yileen Gordon was sacked on Tuesday night for scrawling an offensive message during a school visit earlier in the day.
Gordon was supposed to spreading the NRL's anti-bullying message yesterday but instead wrote an offensive message that gave the Tigers no choice but to terminate his contract.

Yeah saw that, got to say its getting pretty bad when this crap is happening on almost a weekly basis now.

Last edited:
Bunnies, Bulldogs, Panthers and now Tigers. I don't see any more NRL clubs taking a punt on him. He was clearly gunning for Arana Tomato's record.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Skyblues87
  • Midean
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • davidp
  • Xzei
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.