NRL Players and family members in hot water

But he`s saying he`s happy with the way he handled things ??

“It was disappointing obviously, as a leader and role model of the game,” Tedesco said. “It was very disappointing for myself. The way I handled it, I spoke to who was affected and owned up to it.

“I was obviously disappointed but happy with how I approached it all, and I’m happy how it was all sort of settled. It was more about owning up to that and taking responsibility.

I lied , but then admitted the truth . Very happy with the process ?

“It was disappointing obviously, as a leader and role model of the game,” Tedesco said. “It was very disappointing for myself. The way I handled it, I spoke to who was affected and owned up to it.

“I was obviously disappointed but happy with how I approached it all, and I’m happy how it was all sort of settled. It was more about owning up to that and taking responsibility.

The implied meaning is: "I was worried I'd be in trouble but Uncle Nick sorted it all out and there is obviously no repercussion for it, so I am happy with the process."

"Look how good a person I am in the end. See aren't I great"

it's always about themselves

Yeah you made a mistake/poor choice and did arguably the absolute minimum in return. Credit where it's due 🙄

Calling someone a racist over 1 poor comment on race is like calling someone an alcoholic because they got too drunk once. Most people would have made a racist joke, or a stereotype in their day.
More than fair point.. the problem I’m trying to highlight is not that these guys are making mistakes but the lack of contrition and honesty in owning their mistakes and the culture of enabling and protecting that seems to prevail within these NRL clubs.

More than fair point.. the problem I’m trying to highlight is not that these guys are making mistakes but the lack of contrition and honesty in owning their mistakes and the culture of enabling and protecting that seems to prevail within these NRL clubs.
And you wouldn't be wrong doing so. I'm surprised with how little the NRL have done with it, I imagine if the derogatory comment was towards an aboriginal person or a female, he would have been punished. I only commented with him being called a racist, and I don't think he is.

NSW media: What did he say wrong?
"What the **** is "Squid Games" anyway??

Was that the one with subtitles?? I'm not watching that shit... I'm paid to write I dont want to be reading in my spare time as well."

"What the **** is "Squid Games" anyway??

Was that the one with subtitles?? I'm not watching that shit... I'm paid to write I dont want to be reading in my spare time as well."

And then the punchline: "I don't even understand what I myself write."

I look forward to the NSWRL getting involved... didn't Offa get a few weeks suspension and a talking to by NSWRL HQ??

If I really wanted to get a DUI I would, fair dinkum, be driving through Surfers after downing a few. It's like hide in plain sight kind of genius.

I
And you wouldn't be wrong doing so. I'm surprised with how little the NRL have done with it, I imagine if the derogatory comment was towards an aboriginal person or a female, he would have been punished. I only commented with him being called a racist, and I don't think he is.
Not delving into the matter... but it would seem that he made what was interpreted to be a derogatory Squid games reference to a Korean girl, attempted to victim blame and then owned up to his actions at a later point.

This is racism I would say.

I

Not delving into the matter... but it would seem that he made what was interpreted to be a derogatory Squid games reference to a Korean girl, attempted to victim blame and then owned up to his actions at a later point.

This is racism I would say.
How do you define racism?

Do you believe he made the statement thinking that Koreans are inferior?

It was derogatory and is a fundamental part of racism. Don't excuse it.

It was far worse than what Staggs did and I note with prejudice that Tedesco wasn't hauled in front of the NRL Boss and I also note he didn't have his suspension delayed until return from injury.

The good news is the Broncos used to feed off this mentality and use it to motivate. Bring those times back and stuff HQ.

It was derogatory and is a fundamental part of racism. Don't excuse it.

It was far worse than what Staggs did and I note with prejudice that Tedesco wasn't hauled in front of the NRL Boss and I also note he didn't have his suspension delayed until return from injury.

The good news is the Broncos used to feed off this mentality and use it to motivate. Bring those times back and stuff HQ.

At least on par with what Staggs did - bloke comes up for an autograph and you tell him to **** off because he walks like a ****** or something?

I would love for the Broncos' management to subtley point this out when we play the Roosters next.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Culhwch
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Spooky1013
  • Financeguy
  • Cavalo
  • BRC088
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • azza.79
  • FACTHUNT
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.