NRL Players and family members in hot water

I just think, if you are a career footballer, and you know you are going to have minimal time with an animal that needs a lot of time, its better to choose a breed that wont kill other dogs when left to its own devices.

He could get a Beagle, a Labrador, a Pug, or any number of other dogs, that wont flip the **** out and kill other dogs when he is not around.

Pits, Mastiffs, Corso's, and certain other breeds need their owner around, or they become the alpha.
This is just the nature of the breed, and if you cant commit to that, get a different breed.

It was quite different for him when he lived up here because he had more help around when he had the dogs originally. And if he wasnt an idiot he wouldnt have split up from his partner so it would have been a completely different dynamic. Like i said, circumstances change.

It was quite different for him when he lived up here because he had more help around when he had the dogs originally. And if he wasnt an idiot he wouldnt have split up from his partner so it would have been a completely different dynamic. Like i said, circumstances change.
The thing is, his dog is probably good natured and well behaved when he is around.
But that would change real fast when he isnt.

The thing is, his dog is probably good natured and well behaved when he is around.
But that would change real fast when he isnt.

Both his dogs were pretty calm really. I'll be interested to find out what exactly has changed with. I do think you have a very good point though about when he is around them. It cant be a coincidence both incidents have happened without him being around.

Both his dogs were pretty calm really. I'll be interested to find out what exactly has changed with. I do think you have a very good point though about when he is around them. It cant be a coincidence both incidents have happened without him being around.
Living in Sydney too long will send any sentient being rabid.

Not sure what Jai can do really. He's been away when both attacks have happened. He's had him muzzled ( which for some reason the dog wasn't wearing at the time) so he's obviously trusting the wrong people with his animals, that part is on him probably.
He brought a dangerous breed and it attacked another dog. I felt for him during the first attack but the second is absolutely on him.

He brought a dangerous breed and it attacked another dog. I felt for him during the first attack but the second is absolutely on him.

What was he supposed to do? After the first incident he did everything that was required of him ( muzzled the dog, had him kept in a dog enclosure for example ) and he even went beyond that and moved the dog to a friends place as it was far more suitable and appropriate than where he was living. I get you could be critical of him for maybe picking the wrong people or place to put him, but i dont see how he can be blamed because somebody else let the dog out unsupervised and without a muzzle on. He's been let down by other people really who he has put his faith in.

The only thing now i could be critical of him for is trying to stop his dog getting put down. He's clearly for whatever reason become very aggressive and i think its way too dangerous to run the risk of him doing it again.

What was he supposed to do? After the first incident he did everything that was required of him ( muzzled the dog, had him kept in a dog enclosure for example ) and he even went beyond that and moved the dog to a friends place as it was far more suitable and appropriate than where he was living. I get you could be critical of him for maybe picking the wrong people or place to put him, but i dont see how he can be blamed because somebody else let the dog out unsupervised and without a muzzle on. He's been let down by other people really who he has put his faith in.

The only thing now i could be critical of him for is trying to stop his dog getting put down. He's clearly for whatever reason become very aggressive and i think its way too dangerous to run the risk of him doing it again.
To be honest he probably should’ve sold / given the dog to someone who was going to be responsible for it. Preferably rural where there is a low chance it would kill another animal.

To be honest he probably should’ve sold / given the dog to someone who was going to be responsible for it. Preferably rural where there is a low chance it would kill another animal.

I think so too. As i said before, he had a lot more support up in QLD to help him out with the dogs. He just didnt have it down in Sydney and tbf, thats why he did decide to have them moved. I doubt he thought it would have ended like it did though.

Excuses aside Wolfie, if two have died /been injured it’s curtains for the dog.

Are you a dog owner?

There is no excuse for this mate, none.

You say he did everything required. One of those requirements is being responsible for it at all times. He was not, he left it with someone who obviously couldn't keep up the requirements.

It's 100% on him, his circumstances don't matter.

Victor Radley has been fined $5,000 and received a warning from Abdo after an "x-rated gesture was caught on camera after Origin 3 in Perth

He was caught "simulating a lewd act" on Joseph Suaalii

The NRL took into account mitigating circumstances primarily that Radley was caught unaware that he was on live television. However, the NRL still deemed he brought the game into disrepute.
I think the fine was suspended?

If so, even more pathetic

Are you a dog owner?

There is no excuse for this mate, none.

You say he did everything required. One of those requirements is being responsible for it at all times. He was not, he left it with someone who obviously couldn't keep up the requirements.

It's 100% on him, his circumstances don't matter.

Yep, I've had dogs all my life. I just don't agree you can hold him 100% responsible. There are obviously things in hindsight he should have done differently, but sometimes you put your trust in other people to help you out and that trust is misplaced or somebody just makes a mistake that has bad consequences.

I can't speak for anyone else, but there have certainly been times in my life when I've had to lean on family and friends for a little help and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't see what Jai did was any different from that really. I can't comment on exactly what went wrong in this situation because I don't know. All I know is everything was there for the animal to be safe and secure and for some reason it didn't happen and it's led to tragedy for that poor family.

Excuses aside Wolfie, if two have died /been injured it’s curtains for the dog.

Yep. I don't disagree with that. I think it's the only thing that can happen and I think Jai is wrong to try to stop it. As much as he loves that dog, it's just not safe and I don't think it's fair to keep an animal locked up like a prisoner just to keep him alive.

Dear Jai, have you considered becoming a cat person. Scratch that, the cat will be out all night killing widelife. How about a budgie?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.