NRL Players and family members in hot water

Yep, I've had dogs all my life. I just don't agree you can hold him 100% responsible. There are obviously things in hindsight he should have done differently, but sometimes you put your trust in other people to help you out and that trust is misplaced or somebody just makes a mistake that has bad consequences.

I can't speak for anyone else, but there have certainly been times in my life when I've had to lean on family and friends for a little help and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't see what Jai did was any different from that really. I can't comment on exactly what went wrong in this situation because I don't know. All I know is everything was there for the animal to be safe and secure and for some reason it didn't happen and it's led to tragedy for that poor family.
....that's still a piss weak defence.

That was a dangerous dog mate....it already had form for being aggressive (extremely).

A hell of a lot more thought should have gone into it from Jai, on just who he was going hand the responsibility over to.

Its not like he was handing over a fucken Chihuahua or some other small and ridiculous dog ......🙃

It was a large predatory and aggressive animal.......sounds like he needed a professional to look after the dog. Not some teenage kid.

....that's still a piss weak defence.

That was a dangerous dog mate....it already had form for being aggressive (extremely).

A hell of a lot more thought should have gone into it from Jai, on just who he was going hand the responsibility over to.

He didnt just wash his hands of his animals, ( and knowing how he is with his dogs it would have been an extremely hard decision ) he made the decision to move them to somewhere he felt was better. It wasnt a spur of the moment decision. He had everything set up correctly, but i just dont see how he can control a young member of the family the dogs were staying at leaving the gate open so the dog could escape. I think its tough to have a pop at him for that. If he didnt attempt to do anything at all, he would be criticised for that as well.

At the end of the day, if people want to blame him, they will blame him. Nothing is going to change that. I think personally he would cop it no matter what he did.

He didnt just wash his hands of his animals, ( and knowing how he is with his dogs it would have been an extremely hard decision ) he made the decision to move them to somewhere he felt was better. It wasnt a spur of the moment decision. He had everything set up correctly, but i just dont see how he can control a young member of the family the dogs were staying at leaving the gate open so the dog could escape. I think its tough to have a pop at him for that. If he didnt attempt to do anything at all, he would be criticised for that as well.

At the end of the day, if people want to blame him, they will blame him. Nothing is going to change that. I think personally he would cop it no matter what he did.

You're correct, he would cop it no matter what. Because no matter what, it was his responsibility to make sure this didn't happen.

When we decide to take pets on, we take on responsibility for them, it's part of the deal.

As a long term dog owner, it's a tough one because things can happen sometimes.

We owned a pitbull who I would have trusted with my life. She was incredible with us, our mates, our kids when they were babies, was friendly and totally fine with most other dogs, fine with cats, you name it. Wouldn't hurt a fly. EXCEPT - little white fluffy dogs, she hated them for some reason. I have no idea why. We were renting a place, had one of the shock-collar fences set up as the pine paling fence was a bit suspect (and it was set up properly with the dogs properly trained on it, as the wife worked for the company at the time). Lost power one day while we were at work, she and our other dog got out and she got stuck into a Maltese in the street behind us, cost us a lot of money in vet bills and the other dog was lucky to be alive. A very unfortunate situation and we were more careful with her for the rest of her life - never had an issue again.

We had another dingo cross who literally lost the plot one weekend. We went away for the weekend, came home and she was a different dog, like a switch had flicked. She was put down not long after that as we could no longer trust her, and will not keep a dog we can't trust.

I don't know the situations with Jai and his dogs and of course, he's responsible as the owner. After two incidents now I think it is curtains for the dog, unfortunately.

I have an Alaskan Malamute and she is gentle with us and all our friends and their little kids, an almost perfect dog, except she cannot deal with other dogs. She goes full attack mode. Our backyard faces onto a reserve and walking trail and has a brush fence. One day someone was walking their dog and my dog literally pushed her way straight through the brush fence to get to the other dog. Everything was fine and no one was hurt and I have since replaced the fence. But can you imagine being on that walking trail and seeing this ghostly dog magically appear through a fence? It was quite a few years ago and like I said nobody was hurt, their dog wasn't hurt, and so now I think it's quite funny to think about it LOL but it would have been terrifying at the time.

My boy Malamute was like that. Would put himself between us and the other dog.
Was the goodest boy

I'll put it in here for lack of a better place to put it at this stage.

Klemmer was not named by the Knights today (there was speculation about a move to the Eels)

the Knights have said that Klemmer has been issued a show cause notice for on-field disciplinary reasons from their last game against the Bulldogs. (source: NRL Tonight)

didn't see the game can anyone enlighten me to what that could be

I'll put it in here for lack of a better place to put it at this stage.

Klemmer was not named by the Knights today (there was speculation about a move to the Eels)

the Knights have said that Klemmer has been issued a show cause notice for on-field disciplinary reasons from their last game against the Bulldogs. (source: NRL Tonight)

didn't see the game can anyone enlighten me to what that could be

NRL 360 say it is because he refused to leave the field around the 70th minute. gave the trainer a bit of a spray as well

Manase Fainu has been found guilty of stabbing a church youth leader during a violent and bloody brawl outside a Mormon church dance.

he was found guilty of one count of wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and is facing a maximum of 25 years in prison.

this will likely aid the NRL's defence of their no fault stand down policy

Manase Fainu has been found guilty of stabbing a church youth leader during a violent and bloody brawl outside a Mormon church dance.

he was found guilty of one count of wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and is facing a maximum of 25 years in prison.

this will likely aid the NRL's defence of their no fault stand down policy

In terms of contracts, does this make his Manly contract null and void and would they get compensation for carrying his salary the last few years?

64855CA3 C53D 4FD4 877F A898B28E8095

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Porthoz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • TimWhatley
  • maddo
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.