NRL Players and family members in hot water

lol come on. I hate Luai as much as the next guy but let’s be reasonable. Every Samoan I know uses the word colloquially in the same fashion as Americans.

Whether or not that’s okay is beyond my place to comment on but he didn’t racially vilify anyone .

They arent high profile athlete's putting it out there on Instagram i guess. In his position you have to know when and when not is appropriate to use it.

Reading the Kent article about this Panthers side, the worrying thing is the people at the top running Penrith seem to be more focused on making excuses for these ***** than trying to educate them on how to show themselves and their club in the right light. There have been some sides i cant stand over the years for whatever reason, but this Penrith side are just a level above anything else in terms of being unlikable. As i said before, i think a fair few of them are just awful people.

Whats with some of these blokes that they just cant keep out of trouble.
Well, they've been essentially praised for their skills since a young age, are still young (think of yourself at 18-25), come into a lot of money and more hero worship... it's a pretty easy way to turn into a dickhead and think you're better than other people, couple that with alcohol and peer pressure/showing off to mates and poor decisions ensue.

It's also not like age actually matures these guys either anymore. Just take a look at the Johns brothers, entitled pricks that think they're God's gift, and have hype men to keep them there in that mentality.

Well there's a way the Cows will be able to relieve salary cap and get rid of a player they don't really want or need.
They signed him to play for them in 2023 and have been pushing to get a release since last off season.

He's someone Payten wants.

Well, they've been essentially praised for their skills since a young age, are still young (think of yourself at 18-25), come into a lot of money and more hero worship... it's a pretty easy way to turn into a dickhead and think you're better than other people, couple that with alcohol and peer pressure/showing off to mates and poor decisions ensue.

It's also not like age actually matures these guys either anymore. Just take a look at the Johns brothers, entitled pricks that think they're God's gift, and have hype men to keep them there in that mentality.

I think of my self at the ages you said and i had respect for people. These idiots dont. I was speaking to a player i know this morning and he said he reckons next year teams are going to be more focused on just basically bashing the panthers players rather than beating them. They have rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with their lack of humility ( look at Korisau and his comments towards the team he is joining for 2023 ) and i think the backlash might be coming.

I think of my self at the ages you said and i had respect for people. These idiots dont. I was speaking to a player i know this morning and he said he reckons next year teams are going to be more focused on just basically bashing the panthers players rather than beating them. They have rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with their lack of humility ( look at Korisau and his comments towards the team he is joining for 2023 ) and i think the backlash might be coming.

The blokes that end up playing footy are not that bright though. Lets be real. We praise these dumbshits then expect them not to be dumb.

Honey Yes GIF by VH1

The blokes that end up playing footy are not that bright though. Lets be real. We praise these dumbshits then expect them not to be dumb.

I dont doubt they make dumb decisions from time to time, but the majority are still respectful, decent blokes.

How boring. Bet the most offended are white.
The N word is generally accepted by African heritage people, no?

I doubt there'd be any outrage if he said 'My coconut' as that is the offensive word most used for Pacific Islanders. Luai should cop the same suspension that the last bloke done for racism got, 4 weeks from memory.

Is there are more unlikeable team then the Panthers, Fisher Harris Calling eels their sons saying they are best panthers team ever.

I’m surprised Brian To’o isn’t copping more shit for his get up and Chinese comments. The sort of thing I thought would get everyone up in arms.

Oh, absolutely agree in terms of respect. I meant to think about how you acted stupid around friends, or cocky, or didn't think through consequences in the same way because as a young person we feel more invincible, etc.

These guys have that PLUS they've had their egos stroked at an impressionable age. That's why when we see young leaders like Carrigan, who seem mature for their age, or DCE who also speaks so well, they stand out. It's because in the Rugby league world, there are less of them. Plus, the bad boys sell papers, so we hear about them more.

In any case, footballers behaving badly has been a norm for a long time.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Culhwch
  • Skathen
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • mitch222
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.