NRL Players and family members in hot water

Jamil Hopoate is without doubt most unlikely and 'un-Broncos' Bronco in Broncos history.. yet we and he are stuck with the tag 'former bronco...' because someone thought it was a sound idea to sign him.. and un-fucken-fortunately he hasn't played anywhere else

Jamil Hopoate is without doubt most unlikely and 'un-Broncos' Bronco in Broncos history.. yet we and he are stuck with the tag 'former bronco...' because someone thought it was a sound idea to sign him.. and un-fucken-fortunately he hasn't played anywhere else

Matt Lodge for mine is one I never thought we'd ever have at the club.

At least the footage of Jamil Hopoate isn't so bad.

Matt Lodge for mine is one I never thought we'd ever have at the club.

At least the footage of Jamil Hopoate isn't so bad.
For some reason I always had Willie Mason pegged as THE most unlikely and 'off-brand' signing the Broncos could potentially ever make.. And yeah then along came Lodge in 2018 and Hopoate a couple of years later :sick:

I'm no crime expert and I certainly won't pretend to be one but having watched the crime documentaries I have seen.. they usually end up dead or in jail.

I just don't get the appeal, do they think they can buck the trend or something?
Jail or dead....most def. Not too many retire from the life as wealthy old men, enjoying their twilight years in style.

That said....most make the decision early in their life/careers, that they don't expect to live much past 25....if they aren't already rotting away in jail.....
soooo........the don't give a **** attitude is high.

Live life in the light of a candle..... burning from both ends. Burns bright for a while....its great (I'm sure)
but.......
it can only end one way.......

They know and accept it.....even wear it as a badge of honour.
You’d be surprised how many get their ideas of the lifestyle from movies.
Those Melbourne turf wars in the 90's.....most of those young clowns got their ideas/motivation from watching "Scarface" and "The Godfather".

For some reason I always had Willie Mason pegged as THE most unlikely and 'off-brand' signing the Broncos could potentially ever make.. And yeah then along came Lodge in 2018 and Hopoate a couple of years later :sick:
We signed Josh Dugan once

We signed Josh Dugan once

did we actually sign him?

I thought we had offered him a contract, which he verbally indicated that he would accept ... but before he actually put pen to paper, he did something dumb on social media once again and we rescinded the offer

did we actually sign him?

I thought we had offered him a contract, which he verbally indicated that he would accept ... but before he actually put pen to paper, he did something dumb on social media once again and we rescinded the offer
I think the story goes that he had a signed contract that just needed to be submitted to the nrl for salary cap auditing and registration but the broncos decided to not lodge it so it was never registered and therefor not valid.

Something like $800k per year for 3 years

I think the story goes that he had a signed contract that just needed to be submitted to the nrl for salary cap auditing and registration but the broncos decided to not lodge it so it was never registered and therefor not valid.

Something like $800k per year for 3 years

Yep we certainly dodged a bullet there and had a massive win getting Barba instea...never mind.

Yep we certainly dodged a bullet there and had a massive win getting Barba instea...never mind.
Look fair point about Barba but we were able to move Barba on and get Dariu…well look there was a rough patch with fullbacks for awhile but it all started to improve when we got Isaak…Niu… uhh okay fullback isn’t our strong point but at least we had a great spine player to make up for it in Milfo…Crof…Macc…Turp… um Billy Walters

Dragons are a shambles

Its not really a "mistake" you make....no matter how fucked up you get.

unless you're a kiddie fiddling scumbag
who deserves the harshest of penalties that hell's deepest fires can deliver.

Look fair point about Barba but we were able to move Barba on and get Dariu…well look there was a rough patch with fullbacks for awhile but it all started to improve when we got Isaak…Niu… uhh okay fullback isn’t our strong point but at least we had a great spine player to make up for it in Milfo…Crof…Macc…Turp… um Billy Walters
Darius’ motivation and form fell off a cliff towards the end but his first two seasons back with us were pretty elite.

Surely the chairman of an NRL club could get someone to proofread his statement? Grammar skills lacking bruh.

Its not really a "mistake" you make....no matter how fucked up you get.

unless you're a kiddie fiddling scumbag
who deserves the harshest of penalties that hell's deepest fires can deliver.

It's alleged by him that he only spoke about performing sexual acts to underage boys to score drugs.

He alleged that he was addicted to cocaine, talked about going on 5 day benders, and all of the dealers on his phone didn't have any supply due to COVID being rampant at the time, but one of his dealers told him he could score drugs on a shady gay sex chat room. He went in there and saw they were the types interested in little boys and started talking about performing sexual acts on boys to strike up enough of a friendship with one of the people in the chat room to score cocaine.

Apparently when one of them responded with similar messages, he felt disgusted and stopped it then and there.

Whether that's bullshit or not, who knows? That's just what he is saying is the real story. Even if it is true, it's a pretty shit excuse. I know that when addicts are desperate, their moral compass goes right out the window and they would do anything for a fix, but what he is saying is a bit extreme. That's just too far.

I at least buy the addicted to drugs part of the story. Watching him on Matty Johns podcast etc, he was quite erratic. He was showing all of the signs of an addict.

It's alleged by him that he only spoke about performing sexual acts to underage boys to score drugs.

He alleged that he was addicted to cocaine, talked about going on 5 day benders, and all of the dealers on his phone didn't have any supply due to COVID being rampant at the time, but one of his dealers told him he could score drugs on a shady gay sex chat room. He went in there and saw they were the types interested in little boys and started talking about performing sexual acts on boys to strike up enough of a friendship with one of the people in the chat room to score cocaine.

Apparently when one of them responded with similar messages, he felt disgusted and stopped it then and there.

Whether that's bullshit or not, who knows? That's just what he is saying is the real story. Even if it is true, it's a pretty shit excuse. I know that when addicts are desperate, their moral compass goes right out the window and they would do anything for a fix, but what he is saying is a bit extreme. That's just too far.

I at least buy the addicted to drugs part of the story. Watching him on Matty Johns podcast etc, he was quite erratic. He was showing all of the signs of an addict.
That sounds like.......I'm better off admitting I've got a drug problem and overplay that,
than admitting I'm really a paedophile.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • armchair
  • Fatboy
  • broncoscope
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • kiwibronco
  • Spoon
  • Mister Wright
  • Morkel
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Tim K
  • Stix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.