NRL Players and family members in hot water

How the **** can Ben Barba sign a new contract??? Does this sport just not give a **** about drugs anymore?

Players can sign NRL contracts whenever they want. Milford could be charged with murder tomorrow and sign a 4 year extension with us on Friday. The only thing that matters is whether the NRL decide to register it, and under what stipulations.

I imagine they'll register Barba's under the provision that he doesn't train with the Sharks during his 12 week ban & that the contract is for the exact some monetary value as he was playing for in 2017 under his old contract (To avoid the Sharks registering him for half price and actually benefiting from this whole ordeal)

Players can sign NRL contracts whenever they want. Milford could be charged with murder tomorrow and sign a 4 year extension with us on Friday. The only thing that matters is whether the NRL decide to register it, and under what stipulations.

I imagine they'll register Barba's under the provision that he doesn't train with the Sharks during his 12 week ban & that the contract is for the exact some monetary value as he was playing for in 2017 under his old contract (To avoid the Sharks registering him for half price and actually benefiting from this whole ordeal)

No chance of the NRL doing that IMO. They allowed a team of admitted drug cheats to get away with serving only a 3 week suspension

although they did stop him training with the Sharks just recently, they also said that if he was still a Sharks player he could train with the team.

12 Weeks?! It should be 2 fucking years.

12 Weeks?! It should be 2 fucking years.

For a recreational drug after the season ended? Maybe slightly harsh, I could've lived with a full season ban. 12 weeks isn't THAT lenient for the crime at hand.

For a recreational drug after the season ended? Maybe slightly harsh, I could've lived with a full season ban. 12 weeks isn't THAT lenient for the crime at hand.

Rubbish. Drugs are drugs, he's a professional player, it's drummed into them. There are rules, he should sit out like those in the past have had to. We are either harsh on drugs or we aren't. Like everything in this dumbshit sport, there is absolutely no consistency. If there was one area you would think they would be, it would be drugs, but they still **** that up.

Rubbish. Drugs are drugs, he's a professional player, it's drummed into them. There are rules, he should sit out like those in the past have had to. We are either harsh on drugs or we aren't. Like everything in this dumbshit sport, there is absolutely no consistency. If there was one area you would think they would be, it would be drugs, but they still **** that up.

Like the 2011 Sharks?

There's no way celebrating a Grand Final win on mad Monday with recreational drugs is as bad as what those guys were up to.

Like the 2011 Sharks?

There's no way celebrating a Grand Final win on mad Monday with recreational drugs is as bad as what those guys were up to.

Your'e smart enough to know I didn't mean them, so why even suggest it. What about Sailor and Earl?

Your'e smart enough to know I didn't mean them, so why even suggest it. What about Sailor and Earl?

What about them? Earl was trafficking performance enhancing drugs and Sailor was using cocaine the day of a game. They're completely different circumstances.

I'm certainly not condoning what Barba did, but looking back at the bans handed down through history, 12 weeks for what he did isn't absurd by any stretch.

What about them? Earl was trafficking performance enhancing drugs and Sailor was using cocaine the day of a game. They're completely different circumstances.

I'm certainly not condoning what Barba did, but looking back at the bans handed down through history, 12 weeks for what he did isn't absurd by any stretch.

You're assuming I'm alright with the pathetic punishments handed out in the past.

You're assuming I'm alright with the pathetic punishments handed out in the past.

I wasn't assuming lol, you said a couple of posts up that "he should have to sit out like those in the past have had to". I thought that indicated that you were fine with the punishments of Sailor / Earl but thought Barba got off lightly.

If you think that Sailor & Earl should've got lifetime bans then that's another story.

I wasn't assuming lol, you said a couple of posts up that "he should have to sit out like those in the past have had to". I thought that indicated that you were fine with the punishments of Sailor / Earl but thought Barba got off lightly.

If you think that Sailor & Earl should've got lifetime bans then that's another story.

I didn't say that either.

I hope people don't really believe he just randomly decided mad Monday would be the perfect time to start doing coke and he didn't do it before or after that, but ok.

As long as it's not used during the season or in any performance enhancing capacity, what does it matter to the NRL? Bunch of hypocrites around here. 12 week ban for recreational drug use in the off-season is perfectly fine by me, especially when you weigh it up against previous drug offence punishments.

I would love to know how many professional athletes use recreational drugs in the off-season. Maybe we should be giving all athletes random drug tests twice a week in the off-season, just to be sure, you know.

Can you all sheath your e-peens back in please? Thank you!

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.