NRL Players and family members in hot water

Me, I couldn't care less. I'd be happy if they said ' sorry about that ' and then move on. I also don't give a **** about this role model shit that people bri g up. The only disrepute that they have brought on is on themselves, nobody with half a brain can think rugby league is somehow damaged. It's endured dramas thousands of ti mes worse than this. I think this way because I'm out of touch with this pc world and way of thinking. I want to stay that way.

Cube nightclub is a well known gay bar here. The security is pretty good there to keep dickheads who might see it as an easy target away.

They were at a gay bar now?.....What do you mean an easy target?

Well it's not only a gay bar, but yes.

As to easy target, people who want to pick on gay folks might see it as an easy way to identify them. There have been a few incidents there, but like I said, security is really good these days. Hence why they have good cameras, I assume.

I googled the place and a picture of the entrance came up. I lived in Canberra for about 7 months in '13. I seem to remember sitting at a large bus stop over the road from the place and seeing heaps of people going in and thinking I should go there sometime too lol.

I'll stand behind Sammy any time in this. Anyone thinking that Thaiday is racist, or feels justified in complaining about a less correct joke, is a fucking moron.

**** the PC brigade, whom are single-handedly responsible for the rise of alt right movements that led to things like Brexit, Trump, Marianne Le Pen and our very own Pauline Hanson to become significant...

As to Proctor, he's stupid for his admission. Not that I don't admire him for it, but it's the fucking NRL, so you do your best to sweep it under carpet mate. Look at Bromwich with his 2 weeks laughable suspension.
Gonna be another guy who will cop a bigger punishment for being upfront, than those who deny and cheat and lie, until they're offered a deal to tell the truth... right Cronulla?

“I have never failed a drug test,"

That is the most damning thing in what Proctor has said post the weekends drug scandal IMO.

He didn't say I don't do drugs or I have never done drugs before, it suggests he does stuff in private and knows how to be drug free by being smart with consumption.

“I have never failed a drug test,"

That is the most damning thing in what Proctor has said post the weekends drug scandal IMO.

He didn't say I don't do drugs or I have never done drugs before, it suggests he does stuff in private and knows how to be drug free by being smart with consumption.

That's what I don't like about this, it's pretty obvious that this wasn't the first time these guys "dabbled". Acting like it was a one-off poor judgement while intoxicated is an insult to our intelligence.

And **** off to the "they shouldn't be role models" argument. Let's end that bullshit immediately. They are, like it or not, just like anyone involved in something high profile and public (ie, Sharks Chairman), and they all need to be able to set an example. Don't want that responsibility? Don't take on the role.

That's what I don't like about this, it's pretty obvious that this wasn't the first time these guys "dabbled". Acting like it was a one-off poor judgement while intoxicated is an insult to our intelligence.

And **** off to the "they shouldn't be role models" argument. Let's end that bullshit immediately. They are, like it or not, just like anyone involved in something high profile and public (ie, Sharks Chairman), and they all need to be able to set an example. Don't want that responsibility? Don't take on the role.
Bad luck indeed..that is if you're so poor at parenting that you train your children to look up to some gorilla, barely able to read and write who's sole strength is that they are able to kick a football. Fucking role model, lol. Why don't you apply that retarded logic to rock stars and entertainers ? A rock star does drugs and you say nothing yet that role model may have a world wide audience but you don't say boo.

Kids look up to sportsmen because society looks up to them, we do, adults. I don't, I admire their skillset, if they happen to be good people then great but I taught my son that real role models were people LIKE Fred Hollows not Andrew Johns who, like Lockyer wanted to do the best they could for THEMSELVES and co incidentally made a club and its supporters happy. A real role model should be a an unselfish person and not some self obsessed sporting champion. Expecting them to be role models is ambitious and misguided.

And don't take the pay cheque that comes with the role. I'm sick of players whinging and bitching about always being in the publics eye. Hello, there is a reason why you get paid so much in the first place. Its compensation for having to live your life in the public. Don't like it, get a job as a builder and do what ever the **** you want on weekends whether it be drink drive, take drugs, bash people etc. But also learn to accept the builders wage that comes with his work which isn't 800k a year.

So, should that apply to entertainers ? After all, footballers are in the entertainment business too.

So, should that apply to entertainers ? After all, footballers are in the entertainment business too.

It does apply to entertainers. In the public eye, image is everything to their business.

It does apply to entertainers. In the public eye, image is everything to their business.
Ha ha ha ...as if ! When an entertainer, rock star starlet does drugs, no one bats an eyelid, off to rehab....new album out next week, not a word about role model...ludicrous claim that there aren't two standards. The only reason most bleat about role models is the adult who feels let down. Why do people expect such totally ridiculous levels of excellence from some boofheaded sportspeople ? If we stopped deifying them then we wouldn't be so hurt if they, the .01% of them that offend, go off script occasionally. It's our fault for choosing the wrong people to glorify.

Ha ha ha ...as if ! When an entertainer, rock star starlet does drugs, no one bats an eyelid, off to rehab....new album out next week, not a word about role model...ludicrous claim that there aren't two standards. The only reason most bleat about role models is the adult who feels let down. Why do people expect such totally ridiculous levels of excellence from some boofheaded sportspeople ? If we stopped deifying them then we wouldn't be so hurt if they, the .01% of them that offend, go off script occasionally. It's our fault for choosing the wrong people to glorify.
I have to say, I've always felt this way about it. I don't think they are role models, sure they should do their best, as anyone should, but I don't agree with the argument that they are role models and should be looked up to. They're footy players, just because they're good at that, it doesn't make them some sort of moral compass for society. They're not elected to represent society, and they don't get where they do through anything but foot-balling ability. The way I see it, they are role models for footy, nothing else.

I have never seen young children at a rock concert. The footy on the other hand...

They signed a contract which states they cannot take recreational or performance enhancing drugs.

They signed away their rights to 'party'.

Breaking a contract is a very serious issue, and not only that they took illegal drugs and broke the club's code of conduct.

They need to have the book thrown at them and sit out for a considerable amount of time. The NRL needs to stop being so piss weak in all of this and come down hard.

In this context, the issue isn't about them being role models for children. It's about them representing the code, their nations and their clubs. While you may not care about their drug issues, business men and marketing teams do, so I don't have an issue with them facing heavy sanctions.

That isn't to say the role model aspect doesn't play apart whatsoever. It does but not to the extent that others make out. When it comes to being a role model, off-field behaviour isn't as important as on-field behaviour where from my experience players have a tremendous influence on juniours. However, that's another story altogether, as far as this incident is concerned, these guys have made some poor life choices and they've got to face the consequences of their actions.

They signed a contract which states they cannot take recreational or performance enhancing drugs.

They signed away their rights to 'party'.

They need to have the book thrown at them and be rubbed out for a considerable amount of time.

This so much. Its in their contracts. Its part in parcel to why they earn such good money.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.