NRL Players and family members in hot water

Whether or not they harmed anyone is irrelevant.

Cocaine is illegal. Full stop.

Whether or not you or anyone else thinks it should be legal is irrelevant. Part of living in a civilised society is excepting the rules and legalities of the society you live in, whether you like the rules or not.
Well, that's not entirely true.
How would laws or rules ever be changed if everyone just accepts and abides by them like sheep?

Not all laws and rules are fair, and while arguing against them is the safest method, civil disobedience certainly brings change about as well. (not saying it's the case here)

Well, that's not entirely true.
How would laws or rules ever be changed if everyone just accepts and abides by them like sheep?

Not all laws and rules are fair, and while arguing against them is the safest method, civil disobedience certainly brings change about as well. (not saying it's the case here)

If you don't like a law you take the appropriate steps to try and change it, you don't break it just to prove a point.

In any case I highly doubt this is what these guys were doing or that it is even relevant to the discussion we are having.

Do you ever feel like you are just arguing for the sake of it?

Last edited:
edit: quotes deleted post

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it there fault when there are no signs saying don't do drugs

I'm wondering what that education includes? Do they teach you everything about the drug and how bad it can be?

So they also teach them how long it stays in your system for? Which if I was going to take drugs, that's exactly what I would be listening for so I would know when to take it, and what to do when I do.

If you don't like a law you take the appropriate steps to try and change it, you don't break it just to prove a point.

In any case I highly doubt this is what these guys were doing or that it is even relevant to the discussion we are having.

Do you ever feel like you are just arguing for the sake of it?

672.jpg

Why wouldn't they. They pretty much get away scot free with the whole thing in AFL. Their 3 strike policy is an absolute joke. Name and shame the dickheads and make them serve their penance. These guys are adults with plenty of training and education on these issues. How many chances do they get? Are clubs meant to baby sit them 24/7 to make sure they are being responsible adults? If we don't come down hard on them, then as a society are we saying, sure do drugs, we don't care about that as long as you can play football then its all good, hell everyone else is doing it. Its illegal and they are breaking the law. They deserve to be reprimanded and have their knuckles smacked a few times for the fuckup.

They're pretty similar actually.

AFL:

1. $5000 fine, counselling and target testing
2. Made public and four match suspension.
3. 12 match suspension.

NRL

1. Suspended fine, and treatment with targeted testing.
2. 12 match ban.
3. CEO or chief operating officer to decide appropriate action.

I'm wondering what that education includes? Do they teach you everything about the drug and how bad it can be?

So they also teach them how long it stays in your system for? Which if I was going to take drugs, that's exactly what I would be listening for so I would know when to take it, and what to do when I do.

It's about 5000 people a year that sit through it. From U16 level and their parents to NRL players, staff and referees. Compulsory on line course too that had to be done by round 1.

Gambling, on line responsibility, drugs, alcohol, and respectful relationships. It goes for about three hours.

Lovett got four weeks and $15,000 for possession earlier this year. Interesting to see what the difference is between the two.

Proctor 4 games and $20,000
Bromich 2 games and lost his $20,000 match fee, WC spot.

That's pretty similar for all three.

Proctor 4 games and $20,000
Bromich 2 games and lost his $20,000 match fee, WC spot.

That's pretty similar for all three.

I think it's the 2 weeks for Bromwich that most are scoffing at. Considering that his match fee would be pre-tax then his "fine" is half Proctor's too or thereabouts.

What is interesting that these blokes got done for the first time and copped a massive penalty with losing WC spot etc and blokes that fail their first time don't get named and just complete counselling etc. A big punishment for getting caught in the act rather than not. Just go down an alley way ya dickheads

What is interesting that these blokes got done for the first time and copped a massive penalty with losing WC spot etc and blokes that fail their first time don't get named and just complete counselling etc. A big punishment for getting caught in the act rather than not. Just go down an alley way ya dickheads

Or just don't do it in the first place. Have a bit of common sense

Seriously educating these blokes is a bit like this.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.