NRL Players and family members in hot water

Which brings us to the actual point no one has spoken about yet, if her friend says she was drunker than she's ever been (or something to that effect, I don't remember the exact wording), why didn't they stick up for her and take her with them instead of letting her go with the unknown jock in the room?

Because she was drunk and horny at the time. She wanted to have sex with Hayne. She consented. The next day though she woke up, the alcohol having worn off, and she felt regret.

My only issue in this thread was with CaptainHook's language, and the initial assumptions that this was another 'drunk skank making shit up'.

I didn't put words in his mouth, I asked him to clarify and he did not do so satisfactorily. What I was left with was a limp dick justification for women being raped, due to them putting themselves in such a position due to being too drunk, and then a bunch of people that don't want to be seen to be 'left wing, all women are special snowflakes' piling on.

I guess to sum up, I am saying whether a woman is drunk or not really plays no role in the outcome of her being raped. From her perspective.

Consentually agreeing to sex and then trying to falsely accuse someone of rape afterwards is a different story. Obviously what we are discussing here is mainly to do with 'drunk consent'.

This is a pointless argument/discussion though.

The only guy who used words remotely to that effect was Nashy...

Sounds like yet another drunk football slag who claims rape after she felt regret the next morning. No evidence, so drag his name through the mud to get some cash.

But anyway mate don't let facts get in your way and keep projecting. It's amusing.

Here...I'll get you started.

Blah blah...Trump...blah blah evil white males...something something...patriarchy.

But anyway mate don't let facts get in your way and keep projecting. It's amusing.

Blah blah...Trump...blah blah evil white males...something something...patriarchy.

"Man up" and respond to the rest of it, instead of just pointing out the tiny bit at the top.

My issue wasn't really with Nashy's choice of words, and I've already addressed the fact that what he was saying was a distinct possibility. As far as I'm concerned, I've already dealt with you, and you responded with typical garbage. So I'll let it be.

Because she was drunk and horny at the time. She wanted to have sex with Hayne. She consented. The next day though she woke up, the alcohol having worn off, and she felt regret.
Wow, you must have a really good source. Tell us more please!

So NRL gender adviser Catharine Lumby is calling for Hayne to step down or be stood down until he is cleared, claiming that's what she would do if she was accused of something so serious.

I find that bullshit.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Until he is proven guilty then I don't see why he should have to sit out.

The fact that the DA rejected it shows how piss weak the case is. It shows that she has nothing on him.

The NRL should learn from the Brett Stewart case. They handled that very poorly. They can't do the same here.

And for Christmas, Haynesus gave the Broncos a handy distraction from the Matt Lodge signing controversy.

From the Fox sports site: "The woman claims in the lawsuit that she recalled little about that night but woke the next morning, naked and draped in a sheet in Hayne’s bed."

This is the core of my problem with this case and others like it.

She has no memory of being forcibly raped whatsoever

She simply doesn't remember saying "yes", but how does she know she didn't?

I am sensitive to genuine rape, I have close family who have experienced it and it's horrible and disgusting and I am not playing it down in any way

But to call being forcibly held down while screaming out "no" the same offence as shagging a drunk girl who simply can't remember if she consented or not, is an absolute disgrace

Clearly, we need more information to come to light before we really get an idea what happened, I am sensing that people are simply just blaming the alleged victim, without knowing all the facts first.

It is entirely possible that this was buyer's remorse from the alleged victim.

it is also entirely possible that what she alleges regarding Hayne is 100% true and he did exactly what he has been accused of.

I don't like what has been said in here many times that if she was raped she bares some of the blame because she was drunk ... i'm sorry but that is total BS. she has just as much right to get totally blind drunk as the rest of us, and any scumbag that takes advantage of her (sexually or otherwise) is 100000000% to blame. We can't be giving these type of sub-humans any sort of excuses ... there is none.

I'm also not sure I buy the fact that she was a athlete groupie (for lack of a better term) and that was the reason she was with Hayne that night, as while he is a big star in Australia and received intense media coverage for his attempt at the NFL; he would have been an unknown or at least lessor name in the US.

From Haynes public image over here it is possible that his ego couldn't handle either the rejection or the fact that she passed out before he got some, so he just took it anyway.

now there is the other side that either she had buyer's remorse or decided that she could make some easy money from Hayne by laying a complaint/commencing a civil lawsuit against him. and if that is the case that is a really low act that can ruin a mans reputation and/or family.

although if she was looking for a quick buck, her choice of target was surprising because he was on a low wage over in the NFL.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.