NRL Players and family members in hot water

Integrity Unit chief should be asking for a fucking raise. This is ridiculous now. Can someone post up a Rape / Assault in the offseason count? We'd be getting to the limits of what some of these guys could count to by this stage.

Last edited:
I love that this supposedly happened years ago but is leaked the season he leaves the roosters. What a coincidence

Yeah, nothing suss there lol.

Though to be honest, this is such a non-issue...the only insane way it could even possibly become an issue, is entirely because the news decided to report it and people MIGHT look it up and leave it for their kids or something?

I see that Moga has now been charged with an assault occurring on Boxing Day. Another one on the growing list.

another one,

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/f1bbed2cc9393e945f454eaed670d33e

Police investigating after entire Cronulla Sharks squad is banned from sailing club over fracas

e76adc4c059fab30da2b30da1a481c38

The Cronulla Sharks’ horror off-season has continued with this latest incident.
The entire Cronulla Sharks squad has been banned from a popular sailing club in the Sutherland Shire as a result of a late-night incident that the police are investigating.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported on late Friday night that the Cronulla Sailing Club took the extraordinary decision to ban the entire squad from its premises after a series of scuffles broke out at the venue on December 21 that involved several lower grade players.
Every Test, ODI & T20I live, ad-break free during play and in 4K. Only on Foxtel. SIGN UP NOW!
Police were called out to the club to deal with the disturbance and an investigation is ongoing. Sharks officials have also opened a probe to determine what happened on the night.
The Herald speculated that due to the seriousness of the decision to ban the entire squad that some first-graders may have also been involved — or at least failed to stop the fights.
However, Sharks chief executive Barry Russell declined to expand other than to say that they are treating the incident “very seriously”.
“I can confirm there was an incident, which is being investigated by the club. The club has informed the [NRL] integrity unit and is working with police with their investigation,” he told the Herald. “We will take the appropriate action once the investigation is concluded.”

How bad does it have to get before we bring back corporal punishment?

the Sharks are a disgrace ... Maybe the integrity unit need to hire an entire team dedicated to investigating the Sharks

Great leadership by the NRL Commission and Toddy with their strong stance against this stuff.

[emoji23]

Amateurs.

“The Herald speculated...”

Stopped reading there in terms of hoping to find any genuine details. Still, the Sharks need to be cut from the comp. They have no respect for the rules on and off the field and are getting Melbourne-like in their arrogance.

Last edited:
“The Herald speculated...”

Stopped reading there in terms of hoping to find any genuine details. Still, the Sharks need to be cut from the comp. They have no respect for the rules on and off the field and are getting Melbourne-like in their arrogance.

It’s the NRL, where there’s smoke there’s bush fires

I'd expect that the Sharks will actually cut those players that were involved if there was any genuinely serious breaches. According to my second hand sources since Barry Russell took over Cronulla has been determined to weed out and crush the behaviour that's brought them so much grief in recent years. I know the sentiment that Cronulla wasn't punished sufficiently for the drug saga from many years ago still lingers but the new guy can't unfuck that woman, so to speak. What he has apparently been doing is putting a new broom through (he did self report the current financial irregularities) and if his form holds he will come down heavily on any proven offenders.

I have no clue what happened other than what's in the media but as it happened publicly some time ago and hasn't been a big blowup till now it might be just a few lower graders getting pissed up and fighting amongst themselves and some senior players not bothered. No matter, I'm sure it will be reported on and we'll in due course learn more.

Like always I'll view it like any other indiscretion from any player or any club, that is I'll wait till I have the relevant facts and disregard the emotive media reporting before forming a view.

I'd expect that the Sharks will actually cut those players that were involved if there was any genuinely serious breaches. According to my second hand sources since Barry Russell took over Cronulla has been determined to weed out and crush the behaviour that's brought them so much grief in recent years. I know the sentiment that Cronulla wasn't punished sufficiently for the drug saga from many years ago still lingers but the new guy can't unfuck that woman, so to speak. What he has apparently been doing is putting a new broom through (he did self report the current financial irregularities) and if his form holds he will come down heavily on any proven offenders.

I have no clue what happened other than what's in the media but as it happened publicly some time ago and hasn't been a big blowup till now it might be just a few lower graders getting pissed up and fighting amongst themselves and some senior players not bothered. No matter, I'm sure it will be reported on and we'll in due course learn more.

Like always I'll view it like any other indiscretion from any player or any club, that is I'll wait till I have the relevant facts and disregard the emotive media reporting before forming a view.

Kick 'em out!

Let them stay, just take that one premiership away is all I want.

Yep, that rort is still ridiculous. Part of Gallen's contract - media career post retirement, free premiership, 3x get out of jail cards.

I would be furious if I were Russell. They have lost their sponsors, they are trying to attract new sponsors. Two days after their coach gets deregistered and they get hit with a $800K fine, the players get involved in this. It would do my head in.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • johnny plath
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Thelmus
  • achievedrap
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.