NRL Players and family members in hot water

Agree with nearly everything Matt has said here, although I can't go with 'no worse sin than this' I take his point.

I don't like Barba, hate what he has done and am glad he is out of the game for good; but enough is enough. Leave the guy alone, he has lost basically everything so just let him get on with his life. I can understand Ben's outburst, his life could probably not be lower at the moment and this vulture is following him around poking him.

This. I was just saying to someone today. He hasn't complained, he hasn't kicked up a stink, he hasn't said poor him in anyway. He packed his shit, moved to the shithole that is Mackay, and got a job.

I hope more players start to call journo's out. Unfortunately, the types of players we need saying this shit are either trying to get premierships back, or too busy talking about how they don't film themselves jerking off with their mates.

Payne Haas in court for off field action

1bd14607b7b3e5e404eedd1bd57af2ed

Bronco player Payne Luckee Haas leaves Ipswich Courthouse after a brief appearance for driving unlicensed.
BRONCOS recruit Payne Luckee Haas found himself off the field and seated in an Ipswich courtroom after being charged with two driving offences.
Haas, 20, from Redbank Plains, wore white Puma shoes to court, where he waited for nearly two hours before his case got a brief mention before Magistrate Virginia Sturgess.
Prosecutor Senior Constable Dave Shelton said he was charged with driving when unlicensed; and with using a mobile phone.
The charges stem from an alleged offence at Redbank Plains on Friday, March 1.
Haas' lawyer Shaune Irving sought an immediate adjournment to allow legal submissions be prepared on Haas' behalf.
No pleas were made, and Ms Sturgess adjourned the case to April 15.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...n/news-story/53d4e2ad7f803d336930790cd9088283

Bouncers probably told him to wipe the chocolate milk off his face.

Hah! He plays for the Roosters and they want to keep him, so nothing to see here in 3...2...

Doesn't seem like he did anything wrong based on the reports. Arguing with a bouncer isn't headline worthy, I imagine some of them could turn into massive wankers when they have power over a famous person.

So Jack de Belin's case may not proceed until midway through next year. If he is not guilty that is harsh af. If he is guilty but allowed back in the game in the meantime we will have had a rapist playing. Glad I'm not the judge in his case to be allowed to play in the meantime.

Last edited:
So Jack de Belin's case may not proceed until midway through next year. If he is not guilty that is harsh af. If he is guilty but allowed back in the game in the meantime we will have had a rapist playing. Glad I'm not the judge in his case to be allowed to play in the meantime.

And the chances of him being found not guilty are quite high.. In fact, I think there is a very slim chance he will be found guilty. Unless his cousin (is that the other person he was with) decides to turn on him if JDB did in fact rape her, which likely would have happened by now if that was the case.

there is a very good chance he will be found not guilty, whether he did it or not.

in fact sexual assault is notoriously hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt ... in fact the conviction rate for sexualt assault offences sits at around 17%

http://www.casa.org.au/casa_pdf.php?document=statistics

And the chances of him being found not guilty are quite high.. In fact, I think there is a very slim chance he will be found guilty. Unless his cousin (is that the other person he was with) decides to turn on him if JDB did in fact rape her, which likely would have happened by now if that was the case.

I am actually wondering that IF he is found not guilty, would he possibly have a case for lost earnings? I know he gets paid but he has no chance to increase his value for his next contract if he is on the sidelines.

I am actually wondering that IF he is found not guilty, would he possibly have a case for lost earnings? I know he gets paid but he has no chance to increase his value for his next contract if he is on the sidelines.

doubtful

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.