NRL Players and family members in hot water

Not gonna lie, i am loving the implosion at souths right now.
Absolutely fucking loving it:happy: & with WB being the cuddles coach I doubt they'll be the fittest team when we restart either.

I'm thinking they'll finish the season between 11th & 14th on the ladder:popcorn:

I like that:rooock:

it is being reported by the SMH that Bennett was one of the few people at Souths that knew about the incident involving Walker

Absolutely fucking loving it:happy: & with WB being the cuddles coach I doubt they'll be the fittest team when we restart either.

I'm thinking they'll finish the season between 11th & 14th on the ladder:popcorn:

I like that:rooock:
Then Demetriou cuts his throat in a backroom deal to take the reins early.

So apparently another player manager has been linked to the extortion attempt...

Player managers seem like a top notch bunch of guys.
Yeah spot on Nashy. PV has a bit on his plate but I wouldn't mind betting he has these losers in his sights.
It's another issue Greenbug left in the too hard basket

Last edited:
I see a headline on NRL.com “Cook goes into bat for Walker”.

Poor Damian must be tired of saying the same thing.

Maybe he should record the same message of support and then record each of his teammates names so they can just edit it in accordingly, save him time for whoever is in the shit next next week down at that rabble.

I see a headline on NRL.com “Cook goes into bat for Walker”.

Poor Damian must be tired of saying the same thing.

Maybe he should record the same message of support and then record each of his teammates names so they can just edit it in accordingly, save him time for whoever is in the shit next next week down at that rabble.

maxresdefault.jpg

SMH is reporting that Bennett is facing a fine for failing to inform the integrity unit about the incident involving Walker

Seems like Souths have been doing whatever they like these last few years. Few cracks starting to show now.
Few cracks?

It’s the Grand Canyon down there at the moment.

Last edited:
It's the Bennett effect. I was a huge fan of him but he has lost the plot over the last few years.

It is hard to argue he hasn't been willing to tap himself on the shoulder when he did it to many before...except Thaiday and Boyd for some reason. Maybe those two were the start of the downfall?

Few cracks?

It’s the Grand Canyon down there at the moment.

Yeah. What didn’t get much attention given everything going on in the NRL and beyond as of late was Shane Richardson suddenly quitting and having a falling out with Burgess.

Bennett seemed to have had a pretty big shift in attitude after Alex Mckinnion. He always supported his players but after that he seemed to be more about providing good lives to young men from troubled backgrounds, and making sure they are getting as much from the game emotionally and financially as possible. He seems like he no longer cares about on field legacy and cares far more about how many young men he can assist to take full advantage of the opportunities the NRL provides off of the field with little regard to what happens on it.

Really this might make him an even better bloke than I once considered him but it does not make for a successful team culture or foster on field success. It’s a nightmare to front office and a headache for fans. Can’t say I blame him though, how many players must he have witnessed be chewed up and spat out from the intrinsic harshness of professional sport. He has witnessed himself and players be consistently trashed by unethical media, and knows better than anyone the fickleness of fans. Why wouldn’t you try to rinse the system for all that you can for yourself and the disadvantaged young men who everyone turns their backs on the second they stop playing well.

because I am a fan of the sport and want our team to do well, I’m very glad Bennett left but in playing devils advocate, if I put myself in a players shoes and think of the NRL as just another job, i can appreciate him from this perspective.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • bazza
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • RolledOates
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.