NRL Players and family members in hot water

For a total of 15 minutes across two games.

Very different to a senior player who went onto become an assistant coach. Especially if reports are true that there were some major red flags surrounding Gordon.
Sure that's worse. I just don't think it entitles us to be laughing them

Last edited:
Maybe this is how they lure so many players without going over the cap......

De Belins case is expected to wrap up today and then the jury will retire.
Should be a verdict this week.
No doubt St George will be watching with interest.

The Jury has retired to deliberate in the de belin case.
Probably be a verdict later today or tomorrow.

The Jury has retired to deliberate in the de belin case.
Probably be a verdict later today or tomorrow.

The jury has told the judge that they've been unable to reach a unanimous verdict.

He's asked them to keep trying. I'm not 100% sure what the outcome will be if they're still unable to reach a unanimous verdict after retiring for a second time, if it's only 1 person holding up the verdict the judge may accept a majority verdict. If it's split down the middle, I guess the case will be thrown out.

The jury has told the judge that they've been unable to reach a unanimous verdict.

He's asked them to keep trying. I'm not 100% sure what the outcome will be if they're still unable to reach a unanimous verdict after retiring for a second time, if it's only 1 person holding up the verdict the judge may accept a majority verdict. If it's split down the middle, I guess the case will be thrown out.

I am no legal eagle but see the options as:
Accept a majority verdict as you said
Order a re-trial
Abandon the case altogether.

If it’s a retrial it will be interesting to see if the NRL keeps its ban on de belin playing.

Looks like a re- trial.
We’ll see what the NRL does now because I think his contract finnished this year and if the ban stays in place he won’t be getting paid anymore.
This ‘no play until the court case is finalised’ policy is getting complicated.

Probably true but there are plenty of other grubs playing NRL.
The question now is should he continue to be treated differently from them?
Some are treated as legends of the game......most cases dont make it to court involving nrl players.. suprised this went that far as well as the other fuckstick hayne

Apparently the earliest available trial date in the District Court at Woolongong is August next year. Case to be mentioned on Wednesday. Given the nature of the charges and the publicity surrounding it, I think the DPP will have to go again.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Volvo Driver
  • Battler
  • vertigo
  • Redux
  • simplythebest
  • Allo
  • Brotherdu
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.