NRL Players and family members in hot water

Tony Williams made comments supporting Hayne and blaming the victim and now his contract with the New York Freedom has been terminated.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed..

Tony Williams made comments supporting Hayne and blaming the victim and now his contract with the New York Freedom has been terminated.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed..
T.Rex by name dinosaur by nature.

Surprise surprise, Hayne is appealing the conviction.

The comments don't seem TOO terrible from what I've read. Something along the lines of 'so called victim'. Hardly seems shocking but I suppose that's today's society. His friends, unsurprisingly don't think justice was served and I suppose they don't believe the victims statements. Pretty normal reactions but pretty stupid to tell the world what their private thoughts and views are.

@tommy - Just read an article that stated he was remanded in custody same day.

Isn't there a risk with appeal that the sentence might be higher?
Only if there were to also appeal on the ground that the sentence as being manifestly excessive and there is no way that the sentence was excessive.

If I were in his legal teams' shoes I would be just appealing the conviction.

Only if there were to also appeal on the ground that the sentence as being manifestly excessive and there is no way that the sentence was excessive.

If I were in his legal teams' shoes I would be just appealing the conviction.
Wish I knew all the facts. He might genuinely believe he is largely innocent. I acknowledge you're much better qualified to comment.

Inu the second former Hayne team mate in strife with his club for victim shaming in support of Hayne.

this is what he said:

“Not enough words can express how I’m feeling for my lil bro,” Inu wrote.

“Don’t think justice was served to it’s proper intent (sic). To the so called victim. Hope you actually get the help you need, because the things that was said about my boy, wasn’t what he’s about. Never has, never will be.

“I’m praying for you my Uso. Keep your faith strong like it has been, and let your loved ones come together to help look after your family. Love you Bula.

“And to his loving family, if there’s anything youse (sic) need, I got youse (sic).”

Inu the second former Hayne team mate in strife with his club for victim shaming in support of Hayne.

this is what he said:

“Not enough words can express how I’m feeling for my lil bro,” Inu wrote.

“Don’t think justice was served to it’s proper intent (sic). To the so called victim. Hope you actually get the help you need, because the things that was said about my boy, wasn’t what he’s about. Never has, never will be.

“I’m praying for you my Uso. Keep your faith strong like it has been, and let your loved ones come together to help look after your family. Love you Bula.

“And to his loving family, if there’s anything youse (sic) need, I got youse (sic).”

No where near as bad as Tony’s post. The “so called victim” part is pretty tasteless though.

No where near as bad as Tony’s post. The “so called victim” part is pretty tasteless though.
I didn't see all of that post apparently then. What exactly did he write ?

I didn't see all of that post apparently then. What exactly did he write ?

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Porthoz
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.