NRL Players and family members in hot water

Bulldogs say it was a mutual agreement for both to go their separate ways
Haha yeah mutual...

Dogs: mate we've got no cap left so you're sacked for whatever alcoholic crap you did this weekend

Elliot's manager: Adam you have no recourse here... I'll start finding you a new club

#mutual

the Courier Mail has named Chris Lewis as the 3rd player to be interviewed by the NRL in regards to the Storm's drug saga

You would think they would just say they were just mucking around - it was only sugar on the table.
How can they prove otherwise?

You would think they would just say they were just mucking around - it was only sugar on the table.
How can they prove otherwise?
They don’t need to prove it’s coke, even just pretending it’s coke and having a video go public is bringing the game into disrepute

They don’t need to prove it’s coke, even just pretending it’s coke and having a video go public is bringing the game into disrepute

But then you just have to show pictures of Graham Annersley and state he is employed in a management role and claims of disrepute get thrown out of court.

Sure but that’s better than possessing and using coke.

so the Courier Mail (Badel, Read, Rothfield) is reporting that:
  • Munster and Smith are facing 40k fines and 2 game suspensions.
  • Munster and Smith are set to avoid a strike being registered against their names due to a loophole in the game’s illicit testing policy that prevents the NRL from testing players outside the season.
  • Lewis was also talked to by the NRL (they don't say if he is facing any sanctions)
  • Walsh is also expected to be suspended for the start of next season, in addition to having a strike registered against his name under the illicit testing policy. (they don't say what fine or suspension length Walsh is facing)
p.s. sanctions won't be handed down until next week

a few other things:
  • Munster took his lawyer with him to his integrity unit interview and is playing the "I don't remember anything from that night" card
  • Under the games illicit testing policy the NRL isn't permitted to test players without their permission during the offseason. typically it has to be when they are in a group at the club ... and the Storm have disbanded after their finals loss.
  • The NRL can, however, sanction players for bringing the game into disrepute.

Storm CEO Justin Rodski said:

Munster, Smith and Lewis had “all cooperated fully with the NRL Integrity Unit investigation”.

“The club is taking this matter extremely seriously. We are very disappointed to be in this position and will be thorough in our response,” Rodski said.

“The players involved have fully cooperated with the NRL and the NRL Integrity Unit investigation. It is our understanding this investigation is unlikely to be concluded this week.

“Melbourne Storm unashamedly sets high standards and makes no apologies for protecting and upholding the professionalism and values of our organisation.

“The club is conducting its own investigation into the matter and will provide an update on our findings in conjunction with the NRL when both processes have concluded.”

Andrew Abdo says:

“I am very disappointed,” Abdo said.

“I am not going to take any pre-judgements about any particular incidents until the integrity unit has the opportunity to hear the players’ accounts and form a view, but speaking generally anything that brings the game into disrepute is a serious matter for us.

“Why this is so frustrating is that everybody has worked so hard to keep the season going and here we are at the climax of the season in grand final week and 99 percent of the players are doing the right thing and a small group of players have made some poor choices.

“Those choices impact everyone including the playing group. That comes at a cost. It is not what the community expect of its or what we expect of ourselves.

“So if there have been breaches of our rules we will take action. But it is disappointing that we are talking about this now.”

Peter Vlandys says:

“I don’t believe we have a drug problem, no more than what’s happening in the community.

“I can’t fathom why players would want to put drugs into their body, hurt their body and fry their brains.

“That’s why I say to players ... ‘Why would you want to jeopardise your health and fry your brain?’ The players are part of society and drugs are in the community, so naturally that will translate to rugby league as well.

“The only difference between us and the community is our players are high-profile. People are more aware of it, but on a percentage basis, it’s probably worse in the community than what it is in rugby league.

“No-one reads about their next-door neighbour doing drugs. There is a drug issue in the whole community, it can’t just be isolated to rugby league.

“We have more than 400 NRL players and I would argue on a percentage basis we are much lower than the general community. There are a lot of players doing the right thing, but drugs can migrate into our industry because it’s out there in society.”

The only people that use the term “fry your brain” are people that fry their brains.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.