NRL Players and family members in hot water

Careful mate....I think I lust heard that limb you've climbed out onto, crack. 🙃

You can't use, "I was only pretending to do something illegal" as an excuse to get away with it.
"I was only pretending to rob that bank officer.......I was on my way to give the money back, when you arrested me....." :kimlo:

The best way to hurt these dumb ***** is for them to lose game time. Player suspensions hurts the player, the coach ...the club...everyone who has a stake in the outcome of a game. Maybe the clubs might start to take a little responsibility for their employees.

What I find incomprehensible......is that they (players) do this shit, whilst someone is filming them.

"Oh...they didn't know they were being filmed"........ you say
...... then what are they doing ....doing illegal stuff, in a room full of people they don't know??

Even a borderline recluse like myself......who has no fear of being plastered all over social media doing the "bubbler" (for example)......would still be mindful of just who was watching my illegal activities.

I just don't get it......

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF
Mate footballers are dumb *****. I feel sorry for the real minority of players who seem to have their head switched on because the other 98% of them give them such a bad name

Pearce was dumb too and he got 8 weeks and 75k.
The Storm thing is much worse than Pearce all things considered.

it is much worse than Tevita visiting a barber shop

and much worse than a squad of players having a BBQ

That the pair haven’t fronted the media and explained it and gotten lawyers involved means also their suspension should be more than Reece’s

Pearce was dumb too and he got 8 weeks and 75k.
He was fined 125k was he not? 50k suspended.

Then I've been reading recently that 50k is the max fine the NRL can impose so I don't know what the go is.

We all know how this will play out. Storm will sweep it under the carpet and the NRL and media will look the other way.

I dont disagree with what you are saying, but you also cant prosecute somebody without any solid evidence either.
Probably not in a court of law......RE this incident.

Doesn't stop the NRL or the club from disciplining the players involved regardless if they were "pretending" or....innocent/guilty.

Guess what boys.......somebody's dickhead mate just cost our team it's two best players for the next 6 weeks.

Maybe it'll get through.......??

the CM reporting that Munster and Smith will also be sanctioned by the Storm ... although these sanction will likely be fines only, they won't suspend the players because the Storm reluctant to impose any penalties that harm the team or deprive their supporters of the chance to see their players when they return to AAMI Park next year.

In other words we are the only team that shoot ourselves in the foot. Hopefully dd puts an end to that.

In other words we are the only team that shoot ourselves in the foot. Hopefully dd puts an end to that.

Except if we don’t suspend our players (assuming it’s warranted) then you can be 100% sure the NRL will. But it won’t happen to the Storm or Penrith

the CM reporting that Munster and Smith will also be sanctioned by the Storm ... although these sanction will likely be fines only, they won't suspend the players because the Storm reluctant to impose any penalties that harm the team or deprive their supporters of the chance to see their players when they return to AAMI Park next year.

**** I hate them. What a bullshit narrative, but what's more, the media will back it up. If the NRL now do suspend them, the Storm will once again play the victim card.

This is a team that shows nothing but contempt for the rules, for safety, for anything but themselves, and the NRL allow it because they need a presence in Melbourne.

Honestly other clubs need to call the Storm out for that. That’s a cop out. We don’t want our players missing out after they do a high tackle either, so we just aren’t going to enforce the NRL’s bullshit rules regarding them.

Honestly other clubs need to call the Storm out for that. That’s a cop out. We don’t want our players missing out after they do a high tackle either, so we just aren’t going to enforce the NRL’s bullshit rules regarding them.
It is. If they were serious about their standards they would be hammering these two.

The Storm are just taking advantage of the very soft rules for illicit drugs that aren't performance-enhancing.

If you compare it to Naden- who was the first under the new ASADA code. I know he tested positive so that makes it slightly different and takes ASADA out of this punishment.

ASADA gave him a month and he couldn't train until January 1 and Penrith sat him out for the first four rounds.

Under the new code if you can prove it's recreational use and not performance enhancing which Naden did then you're looking at a 1-3 months down from 2-4 years as of this year and a rehab course.

Obviously these three can prove it's not performance enhancing they weren't going to play for six months.

If the Storm three did the first four weeks of next year, fined and had to do rehab I think that's the best we can hope for.

Bromich did two games and lost his leadership role and a strike under the drugs policy- no positive test either so similar to this Storm issue.

I hate the storm as much as the next bloke but honestly the entire league and media couldn’t stop guffawing at munsters loose antics after the finals/origin last year would be a bit rich to just get on the high horse now and demand a suspension

How can they say they are cooperating fully with investigators and then come up with the old, “I don’t remember” line? What a crock of shit.

Storm CEO - We are disappointed. They are extremely apologetic. You will see on Tuesday how remorseful they are. “It’s actually become about their welfare and we have to look after these boys. They’re upset because they know they made a bad choice and the ramifications are greater than they ever anticipated.
It seems mental health is the go to reasoning for every Storm issue now.

First Coates, now these 3 players. What a cop out.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.