NRL Players and family members in hot water

I can turn a blind eye to most crime, drugs, violence and general bad behavior, but messing with kids is on another level and completely unforgivable.
I have a feeling Finch wont make it to the court date.
I seriously doubt if his wife will stay with him, and none of his old mates will have anything to do with him, his career will die and he is known for having mental health issues.
Suicide is a very real possibility.
I think you are right, he should be on suicide watch.

I can turn a blind eye to most crime, drugs, violence and general bad behavior, but messing with kids is on another level and completely unforgivable.
I have a feeling Finch wont make it to the court date.
I seriously doubt if his wife will stay with him, and none of his old mates will have anything to do with him, his career will die and he is known for having mental health issues.
Suicide is a very real possibility.

Having mental health issues is never an excuse, I know that you weren't trying to say that either I just want to make it clear.

You hear about crims who abuse children getting into prison and then getting physically harassed by other inmates, it's probably the worst sort of crime you can commit. Even crims have standards for the most part and messing around with kids is one of the worst things anyone can do.

I swear there were non stop finch feel good stories in the media all last week. Went from hero to zero pretty quick

Having mental health issues is never an excuse, I know that you weren't trying to say that either I just want to make it clear.

You hear about crims who abuse children getting into prison and then getting physically harassed by other inmates, it's probably the worst sort of crime you can commit. Even crims have standards for the most part and messing around with kids is one of the worst things anyone can do.

Fiddlers don’t get put in the general population for that reason

definitely something wrong with the system ... these people should be banned from protective custody

Fair enough too, I don't know much about prisons, just hear it on the news from time to time

I recall hearing Brett Peter Cowan getting boiling water thrown on his face or something like that

I never liked Finch as a player given the clubs he played for (Roosters, Eels, Storm). I thought he went alright as a commentator but the signs of the booze/drugs were there. You can't help but support someone, even if they're a dickhead, when they're trying to rebuild their life after hitting rock bottom when he was appearing on Bloke in a Bar.

But there isn't any comeback from this, he won't have a media career no matter how light the sentence may be. No way he'll be able to live a life in Sydney or anywhere where League has a profile, maybe he'll end up washing dishes or mowing lawns in WA or Tasmania.

New story out that Finch was lining up to coach junior footy next year.......

Pedo accusations aside......surely he's not of a suitable character to be coaching kids footy and someone would have put a stop to it. (?)

New story out that Finch was lining up to coach junior footy next year.......

Pedo accusations aside......surely he's not of a suitable character to be coaching kids footy and someone would have put a stop to it. (?)
Who would know. I'm a junior AFL coach, we have to have current working with children check in place,
but even then it only picks up previous issues. I'm not sure that I would coach if I didn't have a daughter in the team.

You'd think his well publicised drug issues would have raised a red flag......

For a working with children check or just being considered for the role? For the former, doubt it given he's not been before the courts before but the latter it should have.

Just a simple working with minors check
......I would have thought a very public history of drug abuse would raise a red flag.(?)

......I would have thought a very public history of drug abuse would raise a red flag.(?)

I'm no expert but going by the QLD blue card system, they only take into account convictions, charges (that have not been withdrawn) and negative notices. I have no idea what a negative notice is but I doubt it's going to be based on media reports of drunkness/possible drug use.

Lol what has drug use got to do with being a Catholic?

Youtube What GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Active Now

• Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.