NRL Rumour and Movements - 2019

Tom

State of Origin Rep
WHy the long announcement? This dick wants a testimonial too doesn't he?
Well he is a cleanskin just like Smith and JT so I don't see the problem.

In all honesty though it's probably to take the media attention off the drink driving thing. I believe he was recently sentenced.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Well he is a cleanskin just like Smith and JT so I don't see the problem.

In all honesty though it's probably to take the media attention off the drink driving thing. I believe he was recently sentenced.
He escaped conviction though, so it's not even like he copped anything bad for the DUI. Some saying he's fucked up cause he doesn't know the difference between 1 and 2.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Why would someone announce retirement 2 seasons out? Seems odd to me but good luck to him.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Why would someone announced retirement 2 seasons out? Seems odd to me but good luck to him.
Because it gives him 2 full season of being wanked by the media and opposition players instead of 1.

Also gives him an additional year of the fairy tale win% boost. If it's a fairy tale season for a team / player, it's an extra 25% win probability for the premiership, that's a fact.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Because it gives him 2 full season of being wanked by the media and opposition players instead of 1.

Also gives him an additional year of the fairy tale win% boost. If it's a fairy tale season for a team / player, it's an extra 25% win probability for the premiership, that's a fact.
Ahh yes, this close out the fairytail work can't be changed, he's just booked his ticket in line.

Paragraph today in slothfields section saying Corey Allan is the next superstar.... Now he has left the broncos of course... I didn't get to see a lot of him but everytime I seen him play he was almost invisible. He may turn into a good first grader but he is turning 21 next year and hasn't even played nrl yet (not old at all but he would have forced the coach to put him in at some point if he is the future superstar fullback they keep claiming I'm sure).
Also, they keep saying that he was soooo good that he forced meninga to pick him in the pm's 13 against png.. Haha 1. Scott Morrison had a big say on that team 2. meninga isn't exactly renowned for being a great judge in young players potential anyway (just coaches immortals) 3. Gehemat shibasaki also made the exact same team, no mention of him of course and he's actually played an nrl game. On that evidence it seems the broncos rated Shibasaki higher then Allan, and Shibasaki isnt some once in a generation player himself.

Am I missing something here? Did I just coincidentally watch games he didn't turn up for? Did he destroy the QLD cup last year or something? It just gets so boring when every young player that leaves the broncos all of a sudden becomes the best prospect since lockyer.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Paragraph today in slothfields section saying Corey Allan is the next superstar.... Now he has left the broncos of course... I didn't get to see a lot of him but everytime I seen him play he was almost invisible. He may turn into a good first grader but he is turning 21 next year and hasn't even played nrl yet (not old at all but he would have forced the coach to put him in at some point if he is the future superstar fullback they keep claiming I'm sure).
Also, they keep saying that he was soooo good that he forced meninga to pick him in the pm's 13 against png.. Haha 1. Scott Morrison had a big say on that team 2. meninga isn't exactly renowned for being a great judge in young players potential anyway (just coaches immortals) 3. Gehemat shibasaki also made the exact same team, no mention of him of course and he's actually played an nrl game. On that evidence it seems the broncos rated Shibasaki higher then Allan, and Shibasaki isnt some once in a generation player himself.

Am I missing something here? Did I just coincidentally watch games he didn't turn up for? Did he destroy the QLD cup last year or something? It just gets so boring when every young player that leaves the broncos all of a sudden becomes the best prospect since lockyer.
I agree. I’ve seen him play quite a few times and never really got the hype. He can sometimes carve up poor defence but wasn’t consistent enough for me. He might make first grade but didn’t look like he would be a superstar against men to me.

Thelmus

NRL Player
Why would someone announce retirement 2 seasons out? Seems odd to me but good luck to him.
In fairness, it's probably something imposed on him (similar to thaiday, Parker etc) to allow the young guns their trying to keep to see a clear pathway.
Bennet has done it before, some players but into it (webke, miles etc), some don't (Tallis would be a good example). On the one hand it offers opportunity and gives promising young players a reason to play for "unders" but it can also cut short a club favourite's career.
One thing though it clears the air for all concerned. The only question will be who Bennet sees as the heir apparent for that fullback spot and whether he plays for South's or the broncos at the moment.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
In fairness, it's probably something imposed on him (similar to thaiday, Parker etc) to allow the young guns their trying to keep to see a clear pathway.
Bennet has done it before, some players but into it (webke, miles etc), some don't (Tallis would be a good example). On the one hand it offers opportunity and gives promising young players a reason to play for "unders" but it can also cut short a club favourite's career.
One thing though it clears the air for all concerned. The only question will be who Bennet sees as the heir apparent for that fullback spot and whether he plays for South's or the broncos at the moment.
I would like to know who you think is the heir apparent to fullback?

Thelmus

NRL Player
I would like to know who you think is the heir apparent to fullback?
Well I'm not sure Allen is the man Bennet wants (since he got let go by Bennet himself). Bennet has favoured more creative players rather than runners, so for Johnston would be out of the picture too.
If he goes on the outer this year , and isn't offered big money elsewhere, Kahu would be an obvious choice. It depends on how his body holds up. And with ingliss currently slotted in there, there's a whole season to monitor his progress on that front.
Otherwise whoever is killing it at under 20's, regardless of their affiliation. They'll need to be able to pass and kick. Good returns alone won't cut it.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich

Thought I'd fix it for you but it was so pretty. The word should be banned from this forum, it's apparent it's usage is just too complex !

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter