NRL Rumour and Movements - 2019

theshed

NRL Player
What is he like as a fullback? I know he has played there but can't remember if he was any good.
Terrible. There’s a reason an origin motm back is behind a squid like Johnston and the rookie Allen in the Rabbitohs fullback pecking order.

His best position is definitely wing but I’d consider him on low coin if it allows us to shuffle out Boyd. Isaako to fb maybe.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'd take Gagai as a centre, Bird to fullback.
I would pass on Gagai.

Defensively, he will be a nightmare. Now you could forgive that if he was a prolific try scorer, but he isn't.

The most tries Gagai has scored in a season is 7. That was in 2015. Plus, in those crucial moments, he doesn't tend to score much. He just doesn't play at club level the same way he does at rep level. I don't think he's worth the money.

Now if Gagai could take his performances from Origin level and play like that at club level week in week out, then absolutely I would take him in a heartbeat. But he doesn't.

Bird, while not a noted try scorer, does bring more than Gagai.

You have to laugh.... Kyle Flanagan to the roosters.... "Sam walker we will put you first and you're the future".... But we will just sign a highly rated junior 2 years older than you just in case...

So now, instead of having someone 1 year older and with 4 games experience in front of him, he now has a player 3 years his senior with 7 games experience. I don't get how these young kids keep falling for the roosters bs. Yes they are a championship winning side, yes they can develop talent... But ffs you better hope you are winning nearly every game because if you're not you will be thrown to the scrapheap quickly.

The roosters do deserve credit though, they "manage" player rosters amazingly well though. Great for the game to see the salary cap can give strongly supported clubs with 5,000+ crowds every game and more than 9,000 members after a premiership year like the roosters in or near the gf every year, this is the salary cap working! Why not put the gf at an abysmal rugby league stadium that they use and waste money on a stadium only they play out of despite their poor crowds as an extra too! (sarcasm)..

Last edited:

Ponga01

QCup Player
You have to laugh.... Kyle Flanagan to the roosters.... "Sam walker we will put you first and you're the future".... But we will just sign a highly rated junior 2 years older than you just in case...

So now, instead of having someone 1 year older and with 4 games experience in front of him, he now has a player 3 years his senior with 7 games experience. I don't get how these young kids keep falling for the roosters bs. Yes they are a championship winning side, yes they can develop talent... But ffs you better hope you are winning nearly every game because if you're not you will be thrown to the scrapheap quickly.

The roosters do deserve credit though, they "manage" player rosters amazingly well though. Great for the game to see the salary cap can give strongly supported clubs with 5,000+ crowds every game and more than 9,000 members after a premiership year like the roosters in or near the gf every year, this is the salary cap working! Why not put the gf at an abysmal rugby league stadium that they use and waste money on a stadium only they play out of despite their poor crowds as an extra too! (sarcasm)..
1E86B07E-B3C3-4AFB-9C59-BEFE94F78478.jpeg
Don’t worry, you will only be stuck behind Drew Hutchinson, Sam Walker, Lachlan Lam, Luke Keary, Brock Lam and Maybe Mitchell

Last edited:

BroncsFan

NRL Player
View attachment 5579
Don’t worry, you will only be stuck behind Drew Hutchinson, Sam Walker, Lachlan Lam, Luke Keary, Brock Lam and Maybe Mitchell
Probably more like Hutchinson and Lamb have been tossed to the heap (Hutchinson only because of the ACL a few years back... he's actually looked pretty good the last couple weeks).

Lam has also been thrown into a fight for one spot with Walker and Flanagan.

Lam looks a pretty good player, but I suspect early on Flanagan will win the spot with Keary unless they intend to move Keary to 7.

Would be hilarious if they went 7. Keary 6. Mitchell with all the highly rated juniors playing out their days in reserve grade for about $600k a year... actually they could have about $800k in cap across Lamb, Lam, Hutchinson, Walker and Flanagan... will be some drug testing going on for these guys next year... gonna be like Hunger Games in Bondi.

Seriously how many times can these juniors be sucked in by the snake oil salesman that is Uncle Nick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter