NRL Rumour and Movements - 2019

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Did I see a headline recently about the Turbo brothers "giving up huge money to stay at Manly"?

Surely this should be a red flag to the NRL Salary Cap auditors. Manly players' definition of "taking less" in recent times has meant being paid less for now, but being made up later via a back-ended deal. Hasler did this both at Manly and then at the Bulldogs, both times stacking a team short-term for a tilt at the premiership before destroying it. In this case we even have the deja vu of a Manly / Hasler / Brothers / Fullback & Back-Row combo.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Exciting Jersey Flegg prospect Josh Cook has re-signed with South Sydney until 2021

I thought Brisbane may have a crack at him. I don't think they're related, but he's a similar style of player as Damien and is one of the best dummy half prospects running around.

He's somebody I'd like to see have a full season of Canterbury Cup before going too crazy, but he's somebody to keep an eye on.

Also a couple of old Dessie favourites have popped up in the Manly lower grades. T-Rex is playing for Blacktown and Zac Saddler, the Bulldogs NRL squad player who couldn't even make the Dogs Jersey Flegg side, is starting for the Sea Eagles Flegg side.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Did I see a headline recently about the Turbo brothers "giving up huge money to stay at Manly"?

Surely this should be a red flag to the NRL Salary Cap auditors. Manly players' definition of "taking less" in recent times has meant being paid less for now, but being made up later via a back-ended deal. Hasler did this both at Manly and then at the Bulldogs, both times stacking a team short-term for a tilt at the premiership before destroying it. In this case we even have the deja vu of a Manly / Hasler / Brothers / Fullback & Back-Row combo.
I can clearly remember they wouldnt let Folau return because they thought he should be paid more.

Old Mate

NRL Player
I can clearly remember they wouldnt let Folau return because they thought he should be paid more.
Yeah there was something like that, like an agreed on value or some shit which is fucking stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I can actually understand that since Parramatta had pretty much spent their entire cap and wanted to sign him for a can of coke and a Mars bar

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
That's because they were trying to get him on the cap for like $150k, but have $600k+ in 3rd party deals. Dodgy as.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
That's because they were trying to get him on the cap for like $150k, but have $600k+ in 3rd party deals. Dodgy as.
Does sound dodgy, but if they can come up with the correct paperwork, should they have been allowed to stop it?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Does sound dodgy, but if they can come up with the correct paperwork, should they have been allowed to stop it?
History shows that the paperwork was indeed dodgy. Eels got done for messing with fake 3rd party stuff that occurred around that time.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Just asked into a cafe and saw saw Arrow reading the article about himself going to Sydney in the paper. Pretty lol.

On another note his mrs is probably the hottest chick I have ever seeen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter