NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Taylor's stint, the Tigers have historically been kind to a lot of careers.

Matulino, Packer, Mbye, and Reynolds have all seen their careers go backwards in the past 2 years at the club.

if Mitchell ends up at the Titans, I predict he will have a massive off-field meltdown and will be moving back to Sydney on a cut-price deal within 3 years.

I reckon he will do a Idris part 2 on the Gold Coast.

4 * $1M players (Mitchell/Morgan/JT/Holmes) that's a pretty good way to commit salary cap suicide.

Not to mention having McGuire, Cooper & McLean on decent coin too. The rest of the side would be horrendous to say the least especially at hooker where it all starts from. If Green is trying to imitate the Storm big 4 he needs to go about it how they did. They had an elite player in each spine position. The Cowboys don't have a Cameron Smith is the most important piece of the puzzle to that system.

Not to mention having McGuire, Cooper & McLean on decent coin too. The rest of the side would be horrendous to say the least especially at hooker where it all starts from. If Green is trying to imitate the Storm big 4 he needs to go about it how they did. They had an elite player in each spine position. The Cowboys don't have a Cameron Smith is the most important piece of the puzzle to that system.

......Hess and now Masters as well......

Matulino, Packer, Mbye, and Reynolds have all seen their careers go backwards in the past 2 years at the club.

Most of those players were DOA. Matulino and Reynolds were dogged by injury and Packer is caught up in the middle of a coaching swap. Mbye is the exception and considering he played Origin this year I don't think you can objectively say the move killed his career.

If Latrell was to sign, he'd become the biggest signing in Tiger's history. If you look at their history, the bulk of their recruitment has been offered at under-valued players or promising rookies. They've rarely gone after a player of Latrell's status. The closest example would be players like Brett Hodgson, Lote Tuqiri and Gareth Ellis. In the case of the former two, they were coming from different competitions so they weren't in demand like Latrell. Hodgson was somebody who had been a star but his stock was beginning to fall the year he signed.

So from that perspective, I could understand why Latrell's camp would be hesitant.

Last edited:
3 years is very generous
I know. I wanted to say 2 but normally it goes

1st season - underwhelming, positive signs albeit inconsistent, put down to "new team/teething issues"
2nd season - the unravel beings, poor games are pointed out by coaches/media, questions over price tag grow louder as ROI drops.

usually it's around this time that it all goes to shit and they request a release, but sometimes it spills over to season 3.

Cows still in for Mitchell, they just need to move a few pieces around to make it happen.
I think that's a really good move for both parties. They have huge potential if they can make this work.
[automerge]1574651910[/automerge]
Possibly, although, if they all fire and they supplement them with a group of solid performers they could do what Melbourne have done for years with their big 3. Also, Morgan is apparently only a few more bad concussions away from retirement.
Yep, it's not like it's a million bucks each on four duds. Those guys are all seriously good players in their own right. Also, I doubt Latrell will get a million bucks at the Cowboys as a Centre. Surely they're looking to pay less than that.

Last edited:
Most of those players were DOA. Matulino and Reynolds were dogged by injury and Packer is caught up in the middle of a coaching swap. Mbye is the exception and considering he played Origin this year I don't think you can objectively say the move killed his career.

If Latrell was to sign, he'd become the biggest signing in Tiger's history. If you look at their history, the bulk of their recruitment has been offered at under-valued players or promising rookies. They've rarely gone after a player of Latrell's status. The closest example would be players like Brett Hodgson, Lote Tuqiri and Gareth Ellis. In the case of the former two, they were coming from different competitions so they weren't in demand like Latrell. Hodgson was somebody who had been a star but his stock was beginning to fall the year he signed.

So from that perspective, I could understand why Latrell's camp would be hesitant.

I would be more hesitant to sign with them because they haven't played finals in 10 years. All their talented players soon clear out for green pastures elsewhere.

3 year extension for Brimson at the Titans, so we can put that idea to bed.

Possibly, although, if they all fire and they supplement them with a group of solid performers they could do what Melbourne have done for years with their big 3. Also, Morgan is apparently only a few more bad concussions away from retirement.
I really like Morgan as a player and a person but I hope for his sake he retires.

English billionaire crushes Russell Crowe’s bid to sign Semi Radradra to South Sydney
An English billionaire has crushed South Sydney’s hopes of securing the signature of barnstorming winger Semi Radradra.
Stephen Lansdown, owner of Bristol Rugby in England, has blown the Rabbitohs out of the market with a $3 million two-year offer for the Fijian superstar that is too good to refuse.

UK rugby clubs have a salary cap of $16.5 million.

Stream over 50 sports Live & On-Demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >

Semi Radradra‘s NRL return looks highly unlikely. Picture: Charly Triballeau
Semi Radradra‘s NRL return looks highly unlikely. Picture: Charly Triballeau
Lansdown has a personal wealth of $3.5 billion compared to Souths owner Russell Crowe ($95 million).

The UK finance guru also owns the Bristol soccer club.

The $3 million is his first offer, according to UK sources, and may even be increased.

The offer is more than double the $700,000 Souths were prepared to pay for arguably the best winger in either code.

Russell Crowe’s bid for the Fijian star appears to have been thwarted. Picture: Brett Costello
Russell Crowe’s bid for the Fijian star appears to have been thwarted. Picture: Brett Costello
He would have become the highest paid winger in the NRL.

Radradra was in Sydney three weeks ago to meet with South Sydney officials and expressed a strong desire to return home to the NRL.

They met at the home of a third party, art dealer Steve Nasteski, who is a Rabbitohs tragic.

However the money in English rugby union is too good to turn down.

Billionaire Stephen Lansdown is ready to launch a huge offer for Radradra. Picture: Nathan Stirk
Billionaire Stephen Lansdown is ready to launch a huge offer for Radradra. Picture: Nathan Stirk
The 27-year-old winger scored 26 tries in his last season of NRL with the Parramatta Eels.

The Rabbitohs’ major signing priority is a middle forward replacement for Sam Burgess. They are favourites to sign highly regarded Gold Coast Titans forward Jai Arrow, but won’t have him on deck until 2021.

I really like Morgan as a player and a person but I hope for his sake he retires.

I think another couple of bad head knocks and he may well have to.

Huge shame if that's the case. He would make an excellent Maroons Captain at some point.

Iirc, I think he got knocked out 3 games in a row or something like that didn't he?

Iirc, I think he got knocked out 3 games in a row or something like that didn't he?
Yeah 3 in 4 games or 3 in 3 games or something like that. Just so unlucky.

Getting a little concerned the Cows may get Mitchell. They would have a very decent team then. If it happens, I think you will see Scott to the Raiders, Opacic to the Storm.

Huge shame if that's the case. He would make an excellent Maroons Captain at some point.
From the bench? Apart from that finals run where everyone fell over he’s been average. Would have made a good fullback or centre but a half he is not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.