NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the face of a man who knows he has played this situation perfectly.

5 year deal lol. I do think Ivan is a reasonable coach, without being great, but 5 years is a long time in rugby league to sign someone who's in all reality, done **** all.

5 year deal lol. I do think Ivan is a reasonable coach, without being great, but 5 years is a long time in rugby league to sign someone who's in all reality, done **** all.

it doesn't seem like Phil Gould has a problem spending the Panthers money ...

He re-signed Griffin on a 2 year deal, only to sack him 6 months later before the new deal even started, free cash for Griffin

then he had to negotiate a settlement with the Tigers to get them to release Cleary 2 years early, and if i was the Tigers, i would have held out for some big $$$.

However, as long as Nathan is playing at the Panthers, Ivan is 1000000000000000% safe

The 5 years would see him out to 2023, whereas Nathan is signed to 2024. No surprises why Ivan's deal is that long. I just can't believe that Gould is doing everything possible to appease a halfback who has done little more than avoid fucking up in one Origin series.

Eels have signed Shaun Lane, Maiko Siva and Andrew Davey.

Lane is a good pick-up for them. He runs good lines and knows how to find the try line, put him next to Moses and I can see that combination causing opposition defences a lot of headaches.

Apparently Roosters are chasing SJ. If they sign yet another fucking rep player, and they aren't investigated, I'm going to call someone a ****.

Apparently Roosters are chasing SJ. If they sign yet another fucking rep player, and they aren't investigated, I'm going to call someone a ****.
It's just amazing. Every other club in the game has to miss out on players because of salary cap pressures. But the Roosters? Never. We want this player, we magically have X amount in the cap to make the signing. How the ****.

After signing Tedesco AND Cronk in one fucking year, the CEO himself claimed they have 750k left under the cap. BULLSHIT.

It's just amazing. Every other club in the game has to miss out on players because of salary cap pressures. But the Roosters? Never. We want this player, we magically have X amount in the cap to make the signing. How the ****.

After signing Tedesco AND Cronk in one fucking year, the CEO himself claimed they have 750k left under the cap. BULLSHIT.
It would have been like us adding Smith and DCE to last years team. It's ridiculous. They're also after Taupau apparently

It would have been like us adding Smith and DCE to last years team. It's ridiculous. They're also after Taupau apparently
That's the crazy thing, it's not that they're signing players on big money that bothers me so much, it's that they're signing arguably the most sought after players in the game without any issue. Taupau is another player who would be wanted by 10+ clubs, he's a beast of a player and very marketable, if they want him though, magically he'll end up there. It must be the 5k crowds they get that is super appealing.

1. Tedesco (on huge money)
2. Hall (He'd be getting paid handsomely to come over)
3. Mitchell (Was chased by everyone, he would be on big money)
4. Manu (Everyone wanted this kid too, he'd be on a bit)
5. Morris/Tupou (Admittedly may not be a huge amount either of them)
6. Keary (He would be on a bit and would have no doubt activated a few performance incentives)
7. Cronk (On huge money) / SJ (Would be on big money)
8. Napa (On big money)
9. Friend (May not be on a huge amount)
10. Taupau (Would be on huge money)
11. Cordner (On huge money, everyone seems to brush over his upgraded contract)
12. Crichton (Wanted by Souths, would be on heaps)
13. TPJ (They are chasing him too after all)

I mean this is just their starting side, let alone all the kids they sign on ridiculous money as well. But no worries, they'd still have a million left over cos you know, when you play for the Roosters, you pay them.

Eels have signed Shaun Lane, Maiko Siva and Andrew Davey.

Lane is a good pick-up for them. He runs good lines and knows how to find the try line, put him next to Moses and I can see that combination causing opposition defences a lot of headaches.
That's a bit old..
Lane signed with them ages ago.
However I agree with you heartily. Great pick up for Parra. Pencil Parra in for next year's premiership

Jarome luai apparently being offered a 4 year deal at penrith as they see him and clearly as the future. Maybe Maloney is on his way out.

Gold Coast Titans announce Mal Meninga will join them as head of performance and culture
16 minutes ago
2e97f6c45affbe301f64a9484e1e0e49

Seibold talks coach swap
THE Titans have made a major signing ahead of the 2019 season, after this morning unveiling Mal Meninga as their head of performance and culture.
bd0094e597af41e6049650f4dd09fcf6

Mal Meninga will join the Gold Coast Titans next season.
In a shock move, but one that is sure to boost their potential for next year, Meninga will join the Gold Coast in the new role.
He will remain as the Australian coach but help the team achieve a “winning culture”.
Executive chairman Dennis Watt made the announcement this morning alongside Meninga, calling the former Queensland mentor “a winner”.
He said given the Titans were a “bottom of the table club”, Meninga’s influence would be crucial.
Meninga will move from Canberra to commence his duties immediately.
He said he met with Watt and owners Darryl and Joanne Kelly and Rebecca and Brett Frizelle and immediately sensed their passion to make the Titans thrive.
“It’s a rugby league heartland,” Meninga said of the Gold Coast.
“Their desire to have a successful and prominent club in the NRL ... I got that right from the beginning.
“It was pretty hard not to engage in further discussions.
“I believe the Titans is the right club for me.”
He said his role would be to “assist” coach Garth Brennan and the leadership group.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...e/news-story/15a628eff2a45c24380f72de332cb38d

Last edited:
The were closer to the mark when they had Greg Bird as the head of performance and culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • something
  • MrMoore
  • Skathen
  • thenry
  • johnny plath
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.