NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Knights side only looks 'ok' for mine. They'll be 7-10th imo.

I have a sneaking suspicion that's where they'll finish as well. However, that's not based on the roster - which for mine if you're going to write up, you've got to include the bench which is a huge point in their favour - it's the culture at the club. Going back to the days of Hagan, the Knights allowed themselves to adopt a victim's mentality where close enough was good enough and being over-achievers meant more to them than any real success. Now they've got the likes of Ponga, Pearce, Klemmer, Ramien to build a successful culture around and if they're not held to those standards, I can't ever see them doing well in this current set-up.

As Seymour Skinner would say 'Prove me wrong, gids, prove me wrong'.

Penrith - Waqa Blake, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Nathan Cleary, Christian Crichton, Dylan Edwards, Wayde Egan, Kaide Ellis, Isaah Yeo, James Fisher-Harris, Corey Harawira-Naera, Jack Hetherington, Moses Leota, Tyrone May, Sione Katoa, Peter Wallace, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

A very impressive list.

Here's the Warriors for comparison.

Warriors - Bunty Afoa, David Fusitu'a, James Gavet, Peta Hiku, Shaun Johnson, Solomone Kata, Mason Lino, Sam Lisone, Simon Mannering, Ken Maumalo, Agnatius Paasi, Isaiah Papalii, Ligi Sao, Tevita Satae, Jazz Tevaga.

Good stuff from the Warriors. The fact four of those players got their start elsewhere highlights how impressive the Panthers effort has been (all 16 came through the Panthers pathways).

This has reminded me of a fairly unrelated topic about the Warriors that has come to a head in recent days.

I remember finding it very interesting that RTS was handed captaincy of the club over Johnson. 23 at the time; RTS had only been there for 1 year and played but 7 games due to injury. Johnson had been the face of the club for 7 or 8 years and their leading playmaker but was overlooked.

Of course, RTS seems like an incredible young man and a great captain but i still think it says something about Johnson. Which has again been highlighted in the warriors willingness to push him out of the club.

I dunno where the Knights will finish, but I'll still enjoy watching them play - I really enjoy the way Pearce plays, he's an organiser that's full of unlimited energy and great short passing game...and obviously Ponga has the potential to be anything right now. He also seems to have an excellent short pass too.

So where is he playing? I thought Widdop said he'll be there for at least 2019. Fullback?

There will be mass acres of lost shit on this site if Hunt gets moved to Hooker.

So where is he playing? I thought Widdop said he'll be there for at least 2019. Fullback?

There will be mass acres of lost shit on this site if Hunt gets moved to Hooker.

Going by some comments I've heard from Hunt, the hooker option may be on the cards. But then again, I think they have a perfectly good hooker in Cameron McInnes.

If Hunt does move to hooker, I would love the club to make a play for McInnes. But I think Norman will be fullback and Dufty will be put back down to reserve grade. Apparently he has an attitude problem.

Norman and Hunt in the spine lol. Deary me.

Imagine having Hunt AND Norman in your team. Wouldn't you feel like a right loser.

1. Dufty
6. Norman
7. Widdop
9. Hunt

14. McInness

That’s a very handy spine

1. Dufty
6. Norman
7. Widdop
9. Hunt

14. McInness

That’s a very handy spine

Norman has to be one of the most overrated players to ever strap a boot to his foot.

This is dumb, even by Dragons standards.

Surely puts to bed the talk of Moses to the Broncos.

Maranta is BACK. One year at the Dragons.

Tariq re-signs for three more also

Maranta back? The fastest man in rugby league! Can't wait to see him in open space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.