NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think like a lot of wannabe fullbacks, he needs to accept that he's a winger. That's where he played his best footy and looked most quality.

Dallin actually reminds me of Michael Gordon, who was strong on the wing but was actually better at fullback. Like Gordon, it's just a matter of whether he can physically handle it and coming off of major surgery, that wasn't the case at the beginning of the season.

Apparently Drinkwater has signed with the Cowboys effective immediately. Might even play for them this week. A real bummer. I would have loved to get him here.

Stimson to the Dogs too. Coz they were short of second-rowers

Apparently Drinkwater has signed with the Cowboys effective immediately. Might even play for them this week. A real bummer. I would have loved to get him here.

Good signing for them. I can actually see him switching back to 5/8 when Kahu is fit.

Good signing for them. I can actually see him switching back to 5/8 when Kahu is fit.
I haven’t seen it announced officially yet but I’ve been busy today. They certainly need him that’s for sure.

Cowboys are making some decent signings. Robson and Drinkwater could really strengthen up their spine. They just need a strike outside back or two.

The Bulldogs have released Zac Saddler.

Funny story about Zac, the Bulldogs went all in on him when he was 17, signed him up to a multi-year NRL deal with the belief that he'd become one of the best prop forwards of his generation. After a couple of injuries, Zac couldn't even make the Jersey Flegg side and was playing local football. Of all the players in the NRL system, there wasn't a bigger bust and yet nobody is any of the wiser outside of Canterbury.

Last edited:
Cowboys are making some decent signings. Robson and Drinkwater could really strengthen up their spine. They just need a strike outside back or two.

Interestingly, their backline, disrupted as it has been, have scored more tries than us even without what you would call real strike players. Oates and Boyd are the only current Broncos playing with a try to their names, and Staggs, Issako, and Shibasaki have 0. Bird and Roberts are our only other try scoring backs, and we wont be seeing either again this year. Staggs has really surprised me, i expected him to be on 3 or 4 tries at least by now.

Interestingly, their backline, disrupted as it has been, have scored more tries than us even without what you would call real strike players. Oates and Boyd are the only current Broncos playing with a try to their names, and Staggs, Issako, and Shibasaki have 0. Bird and Roberts are our only other try scoring backs, and we wont be seeing either again this year. Staggs has really surprised me, i expected him to be on 3 or 4 tries at least by now.

Oh I definitely feel like our strike power is low now too, but it didn't look like it would be at the start of the year. Staggs will hopefully come good soon too.

I don't think we have much to worry about. This team has a winning feeling about it and we'll score plenty more tries because of it. The tough start to the year will stand them in good stead and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic. The way the team rallied around Boyd and what I believe is a sense of fun and enjoyment make me think that this a team working for each other. The old heads Boyd, Gillett and Glenn are essential for continuing success I believe.

Tim Grant has made the selfless decision and sought a release from Penrith on compassionate grounds as he rehabs his pec.

Grant hasn't called time on his career, but since he's long odds to return and only has a year to run on his deal, he's decided to step down now and allow Penrith to sign somebody else to the senior squad.

I've only heard good things about Grant, this is just another example of the person he is.

Tim Grant has made the selfless decision and sought a release from Penrith on compassionate grounds as he rehabs his pec.

Grant hasn't called time on his career, but since he's long odds to return and only has a year to run on his deal, he's decided to step down now and allow Penrith to sign somebody else to the senior squad.

I've only heard good things about Grant, this is just another example of the person he is.
Good on him I think it's a bit dumb though as noble as it is. He risked his good health playing for the club, he deserves a payout. Imagine getting a serious injury at work and not even getting paid your regular salary. Any idea if he'll get some compensation? Or does he need to give up any money to do the right thing.

Good on him I think it's a bit dumb though as noble as it is. He risked his good health playing for the club, he deserves a payout. Imagine getting a serious injury at work and not even getting paid your regular salary. Any idea if he'll get some compensation? Or does he need to give up any money to do the right thing.

I reckon the club will offer him an administrative type position.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak granted an immediate release from the Panthers. Expected to sign with Tigers in the coming days.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak granted an immediate release from the Panthers. Expected to sign with Tigers in the coming days.

Further confirmed by the fact that Mbye has been overlooked at Fullback for the Tigers this week, will play Centre.

Great news for the Titans if they don't have to pay too much of his salary, he's been shocking this season.

KNIGHTS IGNORE PONGA
NEWCASTLE Knights have still done nothing about upgrading the contract of superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga.
His manager Wade Rushton has not heard from the club for more than three weeks.
The champion fullback is on $600,000 a season at the Knights — about half of what the highest-paid players in the game are earning.
Many good judges now rate Ponga the No.1 player in the NRL.
The Queensland fullback is not off contract for another two years but his agent feels there is a genuine case for an immediate upgrade and negotiations for a long-term deal.
Knights chief executive Phil Gardner is notoriously difficult in contract negotiations.
Yet Ponga is their biggest star since Andrew Johns and there would be a huge backlash in Newcastle if he were to leave.

Come on Broncs, get in their ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.