NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Gagai as a centre, Bird to fullback.

I'd take Gagai as a centre, Bird to fullback.

I would pass on Gagai.

Defensively, he will be a nightmare. Now you could forgive that if he was a prolific try scorer, but he isn't.

The most tries Gagai has scored in a season is 7. That was in 2015. Plus, in those crucial moments, he doesn't tend to score much. He just doesn't play at club level the same way he does at rep level. I don't think he's worth the money.

Now if Gagai could take his performances from Origin level and play like that at club level week in week out, then absolutely I would take him in a heartbeat. But he doesn't.

Bird, while not a noted try scorer, does bring more than Gagai.

Bird hasn't exactly been a brick wall in defense either tho.

You have to laugh.... Kyle Flanagan to the roosters.... "Sam walker we will put you first and you're the future".... But we will just sign a highly rated junior 2 years older than you just in case...

So now, instead of having someone 1 year older and with 4 games experience in front of him, he now has a player 3 years his senior with 7 games experience. I don't get how these young kids keep falling for the roosters bs. Yes they are a championship winning side, yes they can develop talent... But ffs you better hope you are winning nearly every game because if you're not you will be thrown to the scrapheap quickly.

The roosters do deserve credit though, they "manage" player rosters amazingly well though. Great for the game to see the salary cap can give strongly supported clubs with 5,000+ crowds every game and more than 9,000 members after a premiership year like the roosters in or near the gf every year, this is the salary cap working! Why not put the gf at an abysmal rugby league stadium that they use and waste money on a stadium only they play out of despite their poor crowds as an extra too! (sarcasm)..

Last edited:
You have to laugh.... Kyle Flanagan to the roosters.... "Sam walker we will put you first and you're the future".... But we will just sign a highly rated junior 2 years older than you just in case...

So now, instead of having someone 1 year older and with 4 games experience in front of him, he now has a player 3 years his senior with 7 games experience. I don't get how these young kids keep falling for the roosters bs. Yes they are a championship winning side, yes they can develop talent... But ffs you better hope you are winning nearly every game because if you're not you will be thrown to the scrapheap quickly.

The roosters do deserve credit though, they "manage" player rosters amazingly well though. Great for the game to see the salary cap can give strongly supported clubs with 5,000+ crowds every game and more than 9,000 members after a premiership year like the roosters in or near the gf every year, this is the salary cap working! Why not put the gf at an abysmal rugby league stadium that they use and waste money on a stadium only they play out of despite their poor crowds as an extra too! (sarcasm)..
1E86B07E B3C3 4AFB 9C59 BEFE94F78478

Don’t worry, you will only be stuck behind Drew Hutchinson, Sam Walker, Lachlan Lam, Luke Keary, Brock Lam and Maybe Mitchell

Last edited:
Good, I hope Walkers path is blocked and he never plays NRL.

View attachment 5579
Don’t worry, you will only be stuck behind Drew Hutchinson, Sam Walker, Lachlan Lam, Luke Keary, Brock Lam and Maybe Mitchell
Probably more like Hutchinson and Lamb have been tossed to the heap (Hutchinson only because of the ACL a few years back... he's actually looked pretty good the last couple weeks).

Lam has also been thrown into a fight for one spot with Walker and Flanagan.

Lam looks a pretty good player, but I suspect early on Flanagan will win the spot with Keary unless they intend to move Keary to 7.

Would be hilarious if they went 7. Keary 6. Mitchell with all the highly rated juniors playing out their days in reserve grade for about $600k a year... actually they could have about $800k in cap across Lamb, Lam, Hutchinson, Walker and Flanagan... will be some drug testing going on for these guys next year... gonna be like Hunger Games in Bondi.

Seriously how many times can these juniors be sucked in by the snake oil salesman that is Uncle Nick.

Waqa Blake to the Eels for 4 years effective immediately. I assume this will open the door for Peachey to the Panthers immediately as well.

Waqa Blake to the Eels for 4 years effective immediately. I assume this will open the door for Peachey to the Panthers immediately as well.

He should be a gun if coached right.

Going to be an interesting few days with player transfers I think.

Did I see a headline recently about the Turbo brothers "giving up huge money to stay at Manly"?

Surely this should be a red flag to the NRL Salary Cap auditors. Manly players' definition of "taking less" in recent times has meant being paid less for now, but being made up later via a back-ended deal. Hasler did this both at Manly and then at the Bulldogs, both times stacking a team short-term for a tilt at the premiership before destroying it. In this case we even have the deja vu of a Manly / Hasler / Brothers / Fullback & Back-Row combo.

Exciting Jersey Flegg prospect Josh Cook has re-signed with South Sydney until 2021

I thought Brisbane may have a crack at him. I don't think they're related, but he's a similar style of player as Damien and is one of the best dummy half prospects running around.

He's somebody I'd like to see have a full season of Canterbury Cup before going too crazy, but he's somebody to keep an eye on.

Also a couple of old Dessie favourites have popped up in the Manly lower grades. T-Rex is playing for Blacktown and Zac Saddler, the Bulldogs NRL squad player who couldn't even make the Dogs Jersey Flegg side, is starting for the Sea Eagles Flegg side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Redux
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • simplythebest
  • Wolfie
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • Charlesstor
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.