NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the $$ SBW has signed for at Toronto is true then that's where I'd be heading if I was in Latrelles shoes.
He's already won 2 GFs played rep at the highest level and still young enough to come back to NRL if he feels the need.
In the mean time I would be filling my boots for a few seasons , travelling and living in another country without media pressure.

If the $$ SBW has signed for at Toronto is true then that's where I'd be heading if I was in Latrelles shoes.
He's already won 2 GFs played rep at the highest level and still young enough to come back to NRL if he feels the need.
In the mean time I would be filling my boots for a few seasons , travelling and living in another country without media pressure.
Makes so much sense. Just don't let any of our guys read this!

Definitely don't let Darius, Andrew or Jordan read it 🙄
Not sure anyone - even the Wolfpack would be interested in Voyd, Spud, or JK rollin (it in) to be honest.

Not sure anyone - even the Wolfpack would be interested in Voyd, Spud, or JK rollin (it in) to be honest.
"A New York consortium has already identified veteran NRL stars, including Benji Marshall (34 years old), Kieran Foran (29), Brett Morris (33), Josh Morris (33), Darius Boyd (32), Sia Soliola (33), Aiden Tolman (30), Matt Prior (32), Jesse Bromwich (30), James Tamou (30) and James Graham (34), as potential marquee signings for when the team enters the third tier of the English Super League in 2021."

Someone in that New York consortium has been doing too much Colombian marching powder if they've included Darbs as a "veteran NRL star"

I think the super league has a marquee player allowance which is basically pay whatever you want and it doesnt fall in the cap.

If that's the case then SBW is their marquee player which means Latrell would be under the cap at Toronto if he went

Is SBW still a gun? He was one of the best forwards of this century so far, and has superb fitness...but still, at 35, is he still that good?.

Matterson has agreed to terms with Parra for next season on a 2(+1) years deal

Last edited:
Matterson has agreed to terms with Parra for next season on a 2(+1) years deal

They're gonna be hard to beat next season if they can get RCG playing good footy.

It was underrated how many injuries they had last year, Nathan Brown missed 12 games, Dylan Brown missed 10 games, Blake Ferguson missed 6 games, Waqa Blake arrived late. If they can stay healthy they're gonna be a top 4 side, guaranteed.

1. Gutherson (c)
2. Sivo
3. Jennings
4. Blake
5. Ferguson
6. D.Brown
7. Moses
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Mahoney
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Matterson
13. N.Brown

14. Takairangi
15. Niukore
16. Alvaro
17. Evans / Gower

Well if no one wants Latrell we should throw him a lifeline contract for 250k.

If St George could punt Mary, Mitchell would be a great fit. They have plenty of vacancies in the backline, so you could bring him in with the view of making him a fullback first and if that doesn't work out there's certainly room to play him in the centres. With a lot of contracts running out next year, they should be in the box seat to make a marquee signing like that.

Otherwise, I'd be keen to see what Maguire could get out of him. It'd almost be like the Tigers getting one back for Tedesco and again they have room at both fullback and in the centres.

the rumours are that the Cowboys will force Holmes to make a decision on returning to the NRL in 2020 pretty soon ... if he chooses to stay in the US, they'll try secure Mitchell with the money

The Cowboys might actually be a decent fit for him, it gets him out of Sydney as far away from Mundine as possible and the 'regional' culture might be an eye opener for him. The Cows need strike in the backline and I reckon he is worth a shot at fullback.

Last edited:
"A New York consortium has already identified veteran NRL stars, including Benji Marshall (34 years old), Kieran Foran (29), Brett Morris (33), Josh Morris (33), Darius Boyd (32), Sia Soliola (33), Aiden Tolman (30), Matt Prior (32), Jesse Bromwich (30), James Tamou (30) and James Graham (34), as potential marquee signings for when the team enters the third tier of the English Super League in 2021."

If Boyd phones it in for us imagine how bad he’d be over there. He’d probably have a no contact clause in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.