NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If St George could punt Mary, Mitchell would be a great fit. They have plenty of vacancies in the backline, so you could bring him in with the view of making him a fullback first and if that doesn't work out there's certainly room to play him in the centres. With a lot of contracts running out next year, they should be in the box seat to make a marquee signing like that.

Otherwise, I'd be keen to see what Maguire could get out of him. It'd almost be like the Tigers getting one back for Tedesco and again they have room at both fullback and in the centres.

Interesting thoughts BP, always appreciate your insight
Crash Craddock (FWIW) doesn't think Latrell and Maguire would work as Maguire is a disciplinarian, with the unspoken rest of the sentence being that Latrell is not a hard worker, and just turns up when he wants to

Manly crown Trbojevic bros as club royalty with lucrative deals

Manly have made a seismic move towards keeping Tom and Jake Trbojevic in maroon and white for their entire careers by re-signing the pair on six-year deals.

The Sea Eagles confirmed two of the biggest contracts in the club's history on Friday afternoon, announcing the Trbojevics retention at a press conference with coach Des Hasler and new CEO Stephen Humphreys in attendance.

NRL.com understands Manly have outlaid over $12 million across the two contracts, tying the two brothers to their local club until at least the end of 2026.

"The Sea Eagles mean the world to Tom and me. We’re proud to be Manly men," Jake Trbojevic told the Manly club website.

"To know that we will be playing together for the Sea Eagles for a further six years after next season is an incredible feeling.

"I believe this club is certainly heading in the right direction. I can't wait to get back to Lottoland and play in front of our great Members again next season."

As one of the game's truly elite fullbacks Tom is tipped to earn over $1 million a season, with Jake's salary coming in just under the seven-figure mark – still making him one of the highest-paid forwards in the NRL.

By the end of the deals, Tom will be 29 while Jake will be 31 and both will have played over a decade in Sea Eagles colours.

Younger brother Ben, a NSW under 18s back-rower/centre this year, has also been signed on a development deal that keeps him at Narrabeen for the next two seasons.

Manly's retention of the two eldest Trbojevic siblings has been oft-discussed throughout 2019, with the club originally intending to have their futures sorted before November 1, when they could officially receive offers.

It's believed at least two rival Sydney clubs expressed interest in luring the pair away from Manly, but the Trbojevics never genuinely entertained leaving the Northern Beaches.

Jake will spend the summer recovering from shoulder surgery that is expected to rule him out of the first two rounds of 2020 while Tom is slated to return to pre-season training in December.

Tom Trbojevicis now looking forward to his future in maroon and white.

"I know this team can certainly be finals contenders for many years to come, and hopefully, we can lift that NRL premiership trophy in the near future," he said.

"I'm really looking forward to returning to the field next season and playing in front of our fantastic Members at Lottoland."

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/15/manly-crown-trbojevic-bros-as-club-royalty-with-lucrative-deals/

Good players both but for me the contracts are silly money. It simply buys complacency. Mind you, I'm not in possession of all the facts and it could easily prove to be a masterstroke. I could be totally wrong. They may prove to be great value over the distance.

Mitchell clearly wants to be a fullback and i think he could do well in that role up North. He isnt going to leave the Rorters to play center imo. Interesting though as i think if he signs there, they will either lose Drinkwater, or move Drinwater to 6 and Clifford may move on. I'd take either of those in a heatbeat tbh.
[automerge]1574059938[/automerge]
Looks like Jai Arrow could be doing a Cooper Cronk and moving to Sydney.

Last edited:
Could give us a shot at Holmes if LM signs for the cows, especially if he comes back in '21 (when we'll have cash in the bank from the three amigos retiring/ being forced out of the club).

That would be the Holmes money wouldn't it? Looks like Roosters will get Holmes if Latrell signs up North?

I don't see how the Roosters would get him.

He doesn't want to be a winger, and they have Tedesco at fullback.

Northern Pride lol, what a crack up. Judging by how defensive he is I'd say there's a reasonable chance he's actually signing with the Cows.

Valentine Holmes might be back on the market..

Is SBW still a gun? He was one of the best forwards of this century so far, and has superb fitness...but still, at 35, is he still that good?.
They're buying a lot more than just his ability on field though. He puts bums on seats better than just about anyone. He's also a former All Black and World Cup winner so he's at least a little better known in Canada than some of the high profile NRL guys given he's played both codes. It's the kind of 'freak athlete' promotional opportunity that does really well in North America.

Northern Pride lol, what a crack up. Judging by how defensive he is I'd say there's a reasonable chance he's actually signing with the Cows.

Valentine Holmes might be back on the market..

Unless the Cows are trying to put pressure on Holmes to make a decision by having this so public.

Unless the Cows are trying to put pressure on Holmes to make a decision by having this so public.
Have to think that's at least partially the case. The interest must be fairly sincere though if they've gone to this much trouble. They will obviously need an option if Holmes falls through and Latrell fits the bill quite nicely.

Last edited:
Could give us a shot at Holmes if LM signs for the cows, especially if he comes back in '21 (when we'll have cash in the bank from the three amigos retiring/ being forced out of the club).

Put me in the group of people who don't want him (probably a small group LOL)

Too big a risk for the money he would demand (I'd definitely take him at the right price though)

Put me in the group of people who don't want him (probably a small group LOL)

Too big a risk for the money he would demand (I'd definitely take him at the right price though)

I think Mitchell is a bigger risk at full back. He’s one of the laziest players I’ve ever seen, doesn’t bode well for a FB.

Edit: I still have faith that Isaako will have a CNK like breakout season for us next year.

Last edited:
I don't see much risk signing Holmes even for the money he would demand.

He exceeded my expectations at fullback. He had a bit of a shaky start but once he got more comfortable in the role he was one of the form players of the comp.

He'll do good there.

Fast, elusive, sniffs around for opportunities to come up in support and knows how to find the try line. He also provides us an extra kicking option in both goal kicking and field goals. He's a clutch player.

I think Mitchell is a bigger risk at full back. He’s one of the laziest players I’ve ever seen, doesn’t bode well for a FB.

Edit: I still have faith that Isaako will have a CNK like breakout season for us next year.

A bit like Milf, if he has the desire to make a go of it, he would be a very good fullback. He made his name coming through as a fullback, but he would need some work now to play there.

Looks like the Cowboys have nabbed Holmes instead of Mitchell.

McHunnnnnt. Where are you? Lol. Damn subscription articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.