NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons didn’t get any for DeBellin
Pretty sure they did, but they just didn't use it... there were comments from Greenburg that it is there, but they haven't put forward a request to actually use it.

I think the issue with it is if DeBelin, Fainu, etc. get acquitted before the end of the season what happens to that cap space if it's been spent whilst they were on the no fault stand down??

EDIT
Below article indicating the dragons just had to apply for the cap relief... pretty sure there are other articles later in the year after Kent kicked up a stink, but couldn't be bothered finding them

Last edited:
They will for this season though surely?

You can't require clubs to stand down down long term or terminate players for serious issues etc and then refuse to help them out once they do so. That hardly seems fair at all.

Dragons still have to pay him until his deal finishes or the trial is finished.
The other problem with this to is that the stood down player still needs to be paid along with the new player and the NRL doesn't give you an extra amount chip in for the replacement player as well. I think the Dragons might have got a little bit of relief but they didn't have any money to actually pay the replacement player out of their own pocket.

If they don't get full cap relief for Fainu then that would be dreadfully unfair.
[automerge]1574811120[/automerge]

Recruiting both Mitchell and Holmes in the same offseason is almost certainly about winning a Premiership in the next two or maybe three seasons. There will be headaches after that, especially if they get that Premiership, but who would argue that for a club like the Cowboys, that Premiership would be worth some pain later on.

Maybe they shouldn’t have signed the kind of bloke that would stab someone.

Maybe they shouldn’t have signed the kind of bloke that would stab someone.

And how exactly would you prevent that kind of signing happening? I'm not trying to defend the guy but I'm sure there isn't likely anything in his history that screams attempted murderer.

And how exactly would you prevent that kind of signing happening? I'm not trying to defend the guy but I'm sure there isn't likely anything in his history that screams attempted murderer.

They couldn’t, I just couldn’t give a **** about Manly.

Well you should have just led with that, that reasoning is just fine.
[automerge]1574834806[/automerge]

Well you should have just led with that, that reasoning is just fine.

Last edited:
Say it again, m'man!

I doubt they were ever seriously being considered by Latrell other than as leverage for a better price elsewhere. I think it's better for both parties that this didn't come off to be honest.

I hope he doesn't go to the cows. Can't stand them

I hope he doesn't go to the cows. Can't stand them
I do. I liked League better back when the Queensland teams were good (well, two of them at least) so I'd be happy to see a competitive Cowboys side again.

I do. I liked League better back when the Queensland teams were good (well, two of them at least) so I'd be happy to see a competitive Cowboys side again.
You liked rugby league better in 2015 than the 90's and 2000's? **** the Cowboys.

You liked rugby league better in 2015 than the 90's and 2000's? **** the Cowboys.
I didn't say that, I said it liked it better than I like it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.