NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haas for me isnt a million dollar player yet and i honestly dont think he is better than Taumalolo just yet. I think he will be better, and i think he will be a million dollar player, but at the moment he has to back up his first year and we need to see how he adapts his game when teams come up with a way to nullify his game a little. I dont see too many dramas with him reaching his vast potential tbh.

I agree in principle but, in terms of the bolded, I'm not sure there is even a way to really do that. Everything Haas does is off the back of his size and speed,which frankly right now is in a class all its own in NRL terms. There just really isn't a strategy a coach can devise that can nullify that. All you can really do is get plenty of numbers into the tackle every time and hope your boys have enough stamina left to stop him.

Last edited:
I agree in principle but, in terms of the bolded, I'm not sure there is even a way to really do that. Everything Haas does is off the back of his size and speed,which frankly right now is in a class all its own in NRL terms. There just really isn't a strategy a coach can devise that can nullify that. All you can really do is get plenty of numbers into the tackle every time and hope your boys have enough stamina left to stop him.

Queensland shut him down pretty effectively in Origin. Andrew Fifita was similar a few years ago. Seemed to be dominating, but then teams worked out how to make his game less effective. I think to a point JT13 had the same problem but he seems to have kept up his effectiveness and i think Haas will be the same.

Queensland shut him down pretty effectively in Origin. Andrew Fifita was similar a few years ago. Seemed to be dominating, but then teams worked out how to make his game less effective. I think to a point JT13 had the same problem but he seems to have kept up his effectiveness and i think Haas will be the same.

haas should never have come off the bench, He’ll start for them for the next 10-12 years and quite frankly that’s fucking terrifying.

I get what you mean, but RTS doesn’t seem to win a game on his own as much these days, and I dare say that’s less about him and more about the club. Maybe you are right.
He definitely doesn't win games on his own as often because he plays for one of the worst teams in the competition, but he definitely keeps the Warriors in the game on his own with stunning regularity.

He's easy to forget for a lot of fans because he's over in New Zealand and a lot of Australian fans tend to overlook Warriors games, but honestly, if he was still playing Fullback for the Roosters he'd be easily in the same ball park as Teddy.

If you stuck him in our #1 jersey I think we become a Premiership threat almost instantly. We certainly aren't getting pumped 58-0 by Parramatta with him playing Fullback.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we shut him down exactly? He was hardly barnstorming but I thought he gave a great account of himself on debut. His stint was right in the middle of the arm wrestle and Queensland had a lot of the ball so he obviously didn't have a huge impact in attack but he made something like 30 tackles in 38 minutes?

I'm not sure we shut him down exactly? He was hardly barnstorming but I thought he gave a great account of himself on debut. His stint was right in the middle of the arm wrestle and Queensland had a lot of the ball so he obviously didn't have a huge impact in attack but he made something like 30 tackles in 38 minutes?

He didn't play badly, I just thought QLD did a great job limiting his impact.

He didn't play badly, I just thought QLD did a great job limiting his impact.
Maybe I have it wrong but I just seem to remember him coming on and Queensland basically having all the ball for most of that period. I can remember him coming off again and thinking that we got really lucky that he hardly got a touch during that period because NSW hardly had the ball.

He was on debut after a handful of NRL games. There is going to be no stopping him once he gets warmed up.

Just read a stat that he apparently averaged the most post contact metres of anyone in the NRL at 71.9, in what was effectively his rookie season.

Brisbane as a team also averaged the most post contact metres per run apparently. Have to think Payne and Fifita were a big part of driving that number up.

Val Holmes cut from the Jets, clearly off to Townsville. Odd thing is as well is that Latrell is also still up there pig shooting with Moose. They surely wont get both. Heard a rumour Granville may be off to Manly. Maybe they will try to clear some space to fit him in?

Last edited:
McGu
Val Holmes cut from the Jets, clearly off to Townsville. Odd thing is as well is that Latrell is also still up there pig shooting with Moose. They surely wont get both. Heard a rumour Granville may be off to Manly. Maybe they will try to clear some space to fit him in?
McGuire and Latrell are friends? I would never have picked that.

You guys need a good dummy half don't you, put in an offer for granny [emoji1787][emoji1787]

You guys need a good dummy half don't you, put in an offer for granny [emoji1787][emoji1787]
Don't the '15 players all have a promised starting spot for life under Green? They'd be mad to leave.

McGu

McGuire and Latrell are friends? I would never have picked that.

Me either. Think Jordan MClean went with them as well. I'm not sure Moose could be trusted with a gun!
[automerge]1574472720[/automerge]
If they got both, they’d be almost instantly a premiership threat.

I cant see Mitchell or Holmes going there if they arent fullback

Last edited:
Don't the '15 players all have a promised starting spot for life under Green? They'd be mad to leave.
After the last 2 years efforts, that edict has been rescinded (at least by fans anyway) there are whispers Granville has been shopped to Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Robboi_321
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.