NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Val Holmes cut from the Jets, clearly off to Townsville. Odd thing is as well is that Latrell is also still up there pig shooting with Moose. They surely wont get both. Heard a rumour Granville may be off to Manly. Maybe they will try to clear some space to fit him in?
Losing Granville to sign Latrell is some Roosters level accounting

Queensland shut him down pretty effectively in Origin. Andrew Fifita was similar a few years ago. Seemed to be dominating, but then teams worked out how to make his game less effective. I think to a point JT13 had the same problem but he seems to have kept up his effectiveness and i think Haas will be the same.

Teams haven't really been able to blunt Fifita though. The only thing that has hampered Fifita is his knee and the Sharks' reluctance to give him time off. When he's fit he puts out huge meters and is threatening with offloads.

How can teams nullify Haas? If they rush up on him he has a step and tackle busting ability that will punish them, if they sit back and try to wrestle the shit out of him he'll still be making 15m+ a run in the process.

Teams haven't really been able to blunt Fifita though. The only thing that has hampered Fifita is his knee and the Sharks' reluctance to give him time off. When he's fit he puts out huge meters and is threatening with offloads.

How can teams nullify Haas? If they rush up on him he has a step and tackle busting ability that will punish them, if they sit back and try to wrestle the shit out of him he'll still be making 15m+ a run in the process.

Probably the same way Melbourne seem to do a decent job on JT13. They tend to run their big blokes at him to wear him out. The only issue with that is i guess if your pack doesnt have a lot of size. You are never going to stop blokes like Haas and JT13, but you can limit how effective they can be. Just because a player has a step and can bust tackles, it doesnt mean they are going to be able to do it every time they get challenged.

Fifita i think its been fairly clear how teams stop him, they get him running sideways. I think after that one really dominant game he played at Origin, teams worked him out a fair bit, QLD especially shut him down comfortably in most games. I think the other way to get him off his game is to get under his skin. He is ill disciplined and fairly dumb at times, and once you get him off his game, he tends to give away a lot of stupid penalties. I dont think overall he has been as good as he was for the first part of 2013 i think it was.

You guys need a good dummy half don't you, put in an offer for granny [emoji1787][emoji1787]

We have a good dummy half and if we didn’t signing Granville wouldn’t change that.

Fifita is pretty easy to nullify really.

He is right hand dominant so if he is running left to right the first up tackler has to block his right side stepping and wrap the ball... outside defence hang back knowing he could end up out on your edge

If Fifita starts running right to left he's basically already tackled... he is completely nullified if you attack him from his inside right side

He's also very soft going north-south.

JT on the other hand doesnt seem to have Haas' Motor and his defence doesnt really "hurt" people... so you can and should be running traffic at him all day. Also Green's subs with Tmol are so fucking predictable you could set your watch to it. Play JT first 30mins comes back on 50-55mins (pending game situation).

Based on this if you dominate posession for the first 30 then JT is tackling his first stint and not hurting you

We've done an excellent job nullifying Taumalolo over the last few years. Get up in his face and hold him upright in the tackle. And, as above, wear him out by running at him and making him move laterally. He is very easily tired.

But of far more importance is knowing when he will run. The Cowboys like to send a forward at the markers, get a quick tunnel-ball PTB going before the defence can get markers set, and then JT13 will run the 10 metres behind where the markers should be, build up momentum, and likely get another 10-15 metres as the tacklers try to get him from the side instead of front-on. We've been awake to this for a while now and put tactics in place to prevent it.

You guys do realize we finished 14th this year don't you?????
Think there are a few more teams/players you should be worrying about other than Lolo.

But hey it's good to know we have you spooked little brother[emoji6]

Last edited:
You guys do realize we finished 14th this year don't you?????
Think there are a few more teams/players you should be worrying about other than Lolo.

But hey it's good to know we have you spooked little brother[emoji6]
Bet you'd happily trade him for Haas this moment! 😉

We've done an excellent job nullifying Taumalolo over the last few years. Get up in his face and hold him upright in the tackle. And, as above, wear him out by running at him and making him move laterally. He is very easily tired.

But of far more importance is knowing when he will run. The Cowboys like to send a forward at the markers, get a quick tunnel-ball PTB going before the defence can get markers set, and then JT13 will run the 10 metres behind where the markers should be, build up momentum, and likely get another 10-15 metres as the tacklers try to get him from the side instead of front-on. We've been awake to this for a while now and put tactics in place to prevent it.
Or we just get TPJ to smash him out of the game. Whatever works on the day.

Bet you'd happily trade him for Haas this moment! [emoji6]
Actually no i wouldnt, but & its a big but, if he can maintain the form & intensity for 3 yrs, then yes I'd consider it

So Tiggers aspparently signed Stefanos Utoikomanu, a teenage prop who has played no games, on $800000 a year. He's being compared to Haas. Has anyone seen him play?

So Tiggers aspparently signed Stefanos Utoikomanu, a teenage prop who has played no games, on $800000 a year. He's being compared to Haas. Has anyone seen him play?

It's $800K over 3 years

Holmes to the Cowboys on a six year deal worth $5.7 Million.

Great to see him back, will be interesting to see how he handles the transition. Presumably he should handle it better than Hayne who was notoriously lazy as a trainer and didn't have a luxury of a pre-season on return but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an adjustment period.

A huge boost for the Cowboys, he's the best fullback they've had since Matty Bowen and could potentially be their best given Mango's deficiencies.

Also a good boost for Queensland, an International calibre back to include in their stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.