NRL Rumour and Movements - 2020

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Jonas Pearson to sign for the Gold Coast. He seems to be moving from basket case club to basket case club. Hope he does well actually, Just needs a run of games.

Last edited:

BroncsFan

NRL Player
Jonas Pearson to sign for the Gold Coast. He seems to be moving from basket case club to basket case club. Hope he does well actually, Just needs a run of games.
Basket case to basket case and still can't get a gig.

Hopefully he gets a run at the titans... I think he looks useful as a footballer so it would be disappointing if he doesnt get a run to actually have a chance to make a career

Why is it that managers can't seem to find their fringe players a gig where they might actually get a run.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Basket case to basket case and still can't get a gig.

Hopefully he gets a run at the titans... I think he looks useful as a footballer so it would be disappointing if he doesnt get a run to actually have a chance to make a career

Why is it that managers can't seem to find their fringe players a gig where they might actually get a run.
He was so good for Redcliffe in 2018.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Josh Addo-Carr set to meet with Storm officials today and request a release to return to Sydney.

If this happens, the Storm are in a bit of a pickle. They have lost nearly their entire backline.

They have always been great at replacing players and having their replacements play at a high level, but at some point that's got to change. Vunivalu and Addo-Carr were important members of their side.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Josh Addo-Carr set to meet with Storm officials today and request a release to return to Sydney.

If this happens, the Storm are in a bit of a pickle. They have lost nearly their entire backline.

They have always been great at replacing players and having their replacements play at a high level, but at some point that's got to change. Vunivalu and Addo-Carr were important members of their side.
Will they grant a release though?

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I would absolutely love to sign him, I don't know if we have the money but man I'd love to see JAC in Broncos colours. He's a heck of a player.

EDIT: I realise he's asking for a release because he got custody of his kids in Sydney, so there's 0% chance he's coming our way even if we had the money.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
You'd probably say no, but the players and player agents hold so much power these days it'd be understandable if they didn't want the headache.

The Storm are going to have SO much money in 2021 once Smith finally pisses off.
I reckon they're going to really struggle. They've lost a huge amount of good players. If Smith retires a week before round 1, they'll miss the 8.

kooly87

QCup Player
I reckon they're going to really struggle. They've lost a huge amount of good players. If Smith retires a week before round 1, they'll miss the 8.
It would be fitting given how he left Queensland in a similar fashion.
- Merged

Will they grant a release though?
Given it's his family and his kids at stake, there would be a fair bit of incentive for them to try and support him with a release. It's really unfortunate timing and not overly fair, but with what is at stake for his life outside football, this probably just has to be copped on the chin by the Storm.

The fairest thing would be a possible player trade with whatever club he goes to. They're really short on Outside Backs now so if a club can help offset that somewhat then I think Melbourne should push for it.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
- Merged

Given it's his family and his kids at stake, there would be a fair bit of incentive for them to try and support him with a release. It's really unfortunate timing and not overly fair, but with what is at stake for his life outside football, this probably just has to be copped on the chin by the Storm.

The fairest thing would be a possible player trade with whatever club he goes to. They're really short on Outside Backs now so if a club can help offset that somewhat then I think Melbourne should push for it.
So Addo-Carr for Ryan Hall sounds about right of course.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
- Merged

The rumour mill is saying they won't grant a release but if they're denying a guy the chance to be with his kids they're going to look pretty bad.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The rumour mill is saying they won't grant a release but if they're denying a guy the chance to be with his kids they're going to look pretty bad.
I think they will play hardball at first but I think they will end up granting the release. They would be denying him the opportunity to be with his kids, that would cause quite a bit of disharmony at the club. Bellamy is a smart coach, he knows what that can do and how easily shit like that can manifest and derail a team.

I can't see JAC being at the club in 2020.

kooly87

QCup Player
I think they will play hardball at first but I think they will end up granting the release. They would be denying him the opportunity to be with his kids, that would cause quite a bit of disharmony at the club. Bellamy is a smart coach, he knows what that can do and how easily shit like that can manifest and derail a team.

I can't see JAC being at the club in 2020.
Agreed. Melbourne would be smart to just let this one go and instead make sure they get the best possible outcome for a replacement rather than trying to fight it and then having less say later on.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
You'd probably say no, but the players and player agents hold so much power these days it'd be understandable if they didn't want the headache.

The Storm are going to have SO much money in 2021 once Smith finally pisses off.
All the money in the world and no one will really want to sign with them. In the past having the opportunity to play with Slater, Cronk & Smith would have been a massive appeal. Now its have the opportunity to play with Munster, Papenhauzen and Brandon Smith. Just doesn't have the same aura about it anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter