NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salary caps seem to be out the window if media reports on contracta are even close to being accurate.

Storm have agreed to release JAC after the 2020 season.

Is it just me, or is there a bit of an exodus going on at Melbourne right now?

Dynasty of flogging the Storm is just on the horizon!

Front row seats for that!

apparently the Storm will only release Addo-Carr if the receive compensation of transfer fee, like-for-like player swap or salary cap relief. or some combination of the 3

They are gonna have the cash to raid the Broncos now.
With what the club has done this year with retention and releasing I have a lot more faith in them retaining the right players. What they have done over the past year has been astonishing. It can be argued that they have been right about who they released on every occasion (mcguire is possibly debateble and we should have kept Sam walker and the young hooker simpkins(?) by the sounds of it) but overall its been amazing this year and really looks to have turned a corner. Boyd and macca are burdens from previous years but it seems they know what needs to happen with them, they are just harder to offload because no one else wants them and they are digging their heels in possibly. Kahu is a blight as well but at least they got him off the books for one year.

With the players coming off contract the following 2 years and haas already locked away I think we won't have any trouble. Dearden worries me a little if milford and croft kill it this year and dearden doesn't get his shot as soon as we thought. Players like Farnsworth and flegler or carrigan too because they might not be getting first team experience but it's a good position for the club to be in.

And on top of that storm will lose A LOT of their appeal once Smith retires, Bellamy is sitting himself haha. Melbourne will suddenly not feel like a queensland club to young queenslanders as well, which will help us with retention.

Yeah concur that the storm are cooked. They’ll go ok this year but the wheels are about to fall off.

Arrow 4 year deal from 2021 with the Bunnies confirmed, may seek a release for 2020 to head there early.

I have this nasty feeling the Storm will do what they always do and just come up with players to replace who they have lost and wont miss a beat.

people have been saying this for years, unfortunately the wheels appear to be unfalloffable.

That's a tough loss for the Gold Coast, but it's not the end of the world either. Arrow is an easy player to appreciate because he's so whole hearted, but at the end of the day the Gold Coast weren't exactly in the premiership race with him in the team. If they had to invest even more cash just to keep him, it would have made it difficult to make the changes they need to make.

I also have some trepadation with Arrow and how he goes about his business. He always gives a 100% which is ideally what you want, but the problem is his body struggles to keep up. In his two years at the Gold Coast, he's picked up two injuries that have derailed his season and prevented him from making the contributions he's capable of.

It was a significant slide mind you. I'd say he went from an A to an A-/B+ but it was just noticeable enough where it was having a negative impact on the rest of his team. As the years go on and his body accumulates more bumps and bruises, I just don't think it'd be wise to invest that amount of money into a middle forward.

I'm keen to see how the Gold Coast dig themselves out of the muck. I think you can just about put a red line through 2020, they've just got too much dead wood in the side but come 2021 when they've got more freedom and Holbrook has more say on the roster they could find themselves in the mix. At the very least, they could weaken a few other teams.

Something of a strange signing for Souths. I suppose their middle forward rotation could use another big name and he should tighten the ruck but that's a lot of money for a workhorse.

Something of a strange signing for Souths. I suppose their middle forward rotation could use another big name and he should tighten the ruck but that's a lot of money for a workhorse.

A lot of money for a guy who plays in the position of their best player as well..

I guess they're going to put a few more kilos on him and play him as a prop. Not sure that's his best role, but we'll see..

Do Souths dare sign Mitchell with Greg’s money?

I said it would be interesting to see what the Gold Coast would do, but then I remembered they spent 650,000 a year on an unproven rookie.

Even if Tino lives up to the hype, that's the type of reckless spending that's put them in this mess.

When you have someone like Cam Murray in the side, I don't see the point of signing Arrow. Unless Souths are planning on using Murray on the edge.

Strange signing. Seems more of a luxury buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kman
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • The True King
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.