NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will definitely tell but it really is likely this year or bust because if they are tying up so much money in Mitchell, Arrow, Walker, Murray and Roberts, they are going to need to do something soon before they have to start shedding the next level talent and fill in with plodders. Bennett is going all or nothing and he has tended to do that with both of his last clubs, but I won't be surprised if, like both those clubs, this one starts going backwards fairly quick too.
Especially if injury hits.

Poor Souths getting stuck with history repeating on them

Fox sports reporting Latrell has signed with souffs for 600k p/yr.
This will be make or break for Wayne and his souffs contract imo.
He has a solid team, the signing of Arrow and Mitchell (assuming Arrow will get an early release for 2020) are solid off season signings.
I'm still not sold on Latrell, for mine he is too inconsistent and goes missing when things don't go his way.
It'll be an interesting year for the club.

He has a solid team, the signing of Arrow and Mitchell (assuming Arrow will get an early release for 2020) are solid off season signings.
I'm still not sold on Latrell, for mine he is too inconsistent and goes missing when things don't go his way.
How can they get away signing him for 600K when his management was selling him as a million dollar player?

How can they get away signing him for 600K when his management was selling him as a million dollar player?

Because the $400k he'll be getting on bogus 3rd party deals, including for being an Indigenous Advocate (showing up to one seminar a year) he would totally have got regardless of what club he went to.

I'd say he will clearly be their fullback. I think he has the makings of a very good fullback, but it depends on how much he puts into it.

I've read that the next step now is likely to be Alex Johnston released to the Tigers and/or Dane Gagai released to the Titans.

I can't wait to see how lazy and poor Latrell is at Fullback.

I've read that the next step now is likely to be Alex Johnston released to the Tigers and/or Dane Gagai released to the Titans.

I can't wait to see how lazy and poor Latrell is at Fullback.

That would be a worry with him at fullback. I reckon its going to take him a good 6 months minimum to get to grips with playing there again. As i said before, its all going to be down to his desire to be a topline fullback. I think he has the tools to be one, the professionalism and desire is what he needs to work on.

So he’s signing for 400k under rrp, I’m loving seeing all the media outrage over this, particularly due to the fact he’s a Rabbits junior and they aren’t taking him from another club who likely would have offered more.

Apparently Latrell has knocked back Souths offer..

I didn't think it would be possible but I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the kid. It seems he had/has a lot of voices in the background most of them with a vested interest.

Why would you leave a successful club with a very good offer on the table and access to investment advice from uncle Nick and friends. That's where the long term real money was.

Apparently Latrell has knocked back Souths offer..

He seems like exactly the sort of type that would think way too much of himself as a player. For mine I wouldn't be offering him any more than 600k a year.

So he’s signing for 400k under rrp, I’m loving seeing all the media outrage over this, particularly due to the fact he’s a Rabbits junior and they aren’t taking him from another club who likely would have offered more.

just imagine the outrage if we signed him for 400k below rrp ...

From what I've read, the rabbits are proposing to pay 600k and roosters topping it up with 120k. So 720k in total. If he had re-signed with the roosters for that I doubt many people would have had an issue. Seems fair enough to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • mieko
  • marw
  • Justwin
  • Thelmus
  • Morkel
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.